1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #7 - Concussion Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, May 5, 2016.

1. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Von popped in and said titus' case was inaccurate. Titus wasn't pursuing anything at the time for that to be an interruption.

This feels to me like sloth wanted an angle to go after von and so he used the thing I mentioned without thinking it through in a town fashion.

On the other question I get the sense that sloth isn't actually reading the game in an engaged way if only because one very obvious reason for no von/sloth/titus team is the exact post that was referred to in the above. (von's interjection makes little sense in a von/titus world)

For font vOv idk. I'll look over them both in the morning though I'm kind of fried right now

2. demonturtle

demonturtle Squib

I've been focusing on my final exams, so if I'm not around that much, Sorry, though I should be finished by Sunday. I'll still check in and try to be active in between.

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Challenge accepted, Newcomb

4. Titus

Titus Squib

VC please

I want to compare and contrast in my head.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

Yeah, I have exams this week and next week too. But I think I'm fairly active despite it all.

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

~ Unofficial votal ~

Sloth (3): Newcomb (#107), Acionyx (#116), Snowvon (#138)
    fontisian (2): Sloth (#144), Citrus (#150)
    Citrus (1): fontisian (#118)
    demonturtle (1): Titus (#40)
    Miner (1): KaiDASH (#117)

Abstaining: @Cobalt, @demonturtle, Jason, miner11121

Abstainers, place a vote. (If you're already voting and I missed it, sorry. Point it out and I'll fix it.)
    KaiDASH time to start playing IMO. Don't think you can awaken on D3 with this size game / playerlist. (If you're town, that is. If you're scum feel free to keep fucking off until we POE you on D3 or whatever.)
    Titus are you sticking with your semi RVS nothing of a case on demonturtle, or nah?

@fontisian I do not think Sloth's emotive paranoia outweighs the fact that his posts are just a classic "reasonable scum" opening. This is Mal from WH14 or dC from WH13 stuff. Do you want to engage on this right now, or nah? What's your confidence level on Snow=mafia and Sloth=town?

@Citrus if I were to want to schedule a realtime double ISO session with you, would you a) think that was a good idea and b) when would be a good time for you w/r/t finals and shit?

Sloth wagon looks great IMO. Two town, then Von who's maaaaaaybe bussing there? Kinda think it means we're definitely not in scum!Von/town!Sloth worlds because yeah not sure I see scum!Von being third on a town wagon. Yeah kinda think either v/v and I'm just totally off or they're partners. Someone sanity check me on that. Uhhh wait I guess it could be scum!Sloth/town!Snow? That's possible too.
    Sloth I don't get your fontisian case at all. It seems like - "fonti's being reasonable and townreading me. I'm paranoid I'm getting pocketed." And then tying her lack of explanation of reads into it: "Font’s a good mentor from my experience, but I’ve never known her to be a player to make decisions without being able to explain them."

Sloth - All I’ll advise you to do is read fonti's recent games, town or scum. You might be in for a rude awakening there. :p

You said you were voting her "for now" and that your vote was likely to change on a re-read. You're kind of light on the actual suspects : words posted ratio, which is kiiiiinda why I think you're a witch looking hella calm and reasonable and handing out some easy townreads.

Maybe start with Acio? You said you didn't like that I was townreading him (which I totally understand if you're a witch and Acio and I are v/v). But I'm not so locked into my reads that I don't even care what your reasons are. So... wanna talk about Acio?

7. Titus

Titus Squib

I could go for Newcomb after his latest post.

Demon turtle is likely scum and still has done nothing useful.

8. Newcomb

[​IMG]

View from inside the box starting to look a little narrow, huh?

9. Titus

Titus Squib

At least I am shooting for the sky.

You're shooting for containment of problems.

10. Newcomb

That's actually pretty damn accurate on both counts.

11. demonturtle

demonturtle Squib

#74 What was I posting that was scummy? You latched on to me being scum and you didn't ask me any questions, either. I'm not going to vote for you because Fonti claims that you're town.

Newcomb's read was interesting and from games I read Von does seem less active.

Vote: Sloth

12. Newcomb

Ewwwww if the actual gamestate is actually town!Titus scum!demonturtle that's going to be pretty annoying.

13. Titus

Titus Squib

Why didn't you ask this when I first voted you? Hint: The answer is you're creeping me out still. Why did you troll around with me?

Why are you willing to trust Fonti when she has no explicit reasons for townreading me?

14. demonturtle

demonturtle Squib

I thought you were just playing around. I'm trusting Fonti because I was thinking she was the cop. She said she knew you were town, so I thought she must've had a town check and it was you.

15. Titus

Titus Squib

Dude you ain't new. Daycops aren't a thing.

Also, why would you try and out Fonti's role?

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

Newcomb

If I'm being prodded to vote, I'm torn between Sloth and my initial suspicions of Citrus. Sloth because he's been scumreading me since the start going off of very little, and has suspected others off of what I consider weak reasoning, which makes me think he's trying to deflect attention from himself. Citrus because of the fp, but he's really not done much else to raise suspicion since then.

So I guess since voting on the first day seems to be the norm in these kinds of games...

Vote: Sloth

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

good morning-ish

Snowvon
    Jason
    Acionyx
    Newcomb

demonturtle
    Citrus

fontisian
    miner
    Cobalt
    Kai

Titus
    Sloth

I get a gold star this game for reads accuracy so let's see how that goes.

Jason blah blah obvious newbtown blah. Acio and Newcomb are Figuring Things Out; plus Titus is kind of trying to go against them. Same for demonturtle, but less certain; I liked her font=Daycop derp. Light townread on Citrus for his opening; most of his questions have been pretty self-centered, which? I feel kind of weird about but it's minor. miner.

miner. Seems pretty defeatest/carefree? This is a could-be-either read. Cobalt and Kai are nonexistent.

Don't really like the way Titus is going after people. fontisian secretly townreading her smells. Sloth's posts are ~weird, and I want to say he'd play better as scum considering his sig, but it's been a while since he's played. Plus if he were scum with fontisian, he'd have all the coaching. All of it. I wouldn't clear fontisian if Sloth is scum, but it would help a lot and probably bump her up to green.

Sloth/Titus/[someone yellow] is what I'm jamming to atm.

18. demonturtle

demonturtle Squib

Don't cops get a random town check before the game starts? I was just trying to explain why I believed Fonti.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

In some setups.

Not this one.

---------- Post automerged at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

also there's something really hilarious I want to post out post-game, if someone else doesn't do it first

don't let me forget

20. Titus

Titus Squib

So, what are your thoughts now Demon?

I am thinking Von in place of Newcomb for the record. Newcomb's self assessment agreed with mine so there's a possibility I misread him.