1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #7 - Concussion Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, May 5, 2016.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'm just trying to get MORE. I know I'm not one to talk considering my rather laissez-faire gameplay up until this point but. I work best when I look at how posts and reasoning work/make sense from town or scum alignment and just saying "he did nothing" "yeah I agree he's done nothing" is like giving me nothing to actually consider.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Yeah I had a bit of paranoia over that, but the last of it died when Sloth flipped mafia.

If you want you can go look at all the places scum!Sloth was super salty about Acio and I hard townreading each other, or the times Sloth aggressively pushed Acio as scum. Feel free, there were a bunch of them.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

No, you can't veto this. You're my top scum suspect. Lolz.

---------- Post automerged at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Mkay.

/10char

4. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Hmmmm

There's one scum left and one of the main suspects is claiming a role that's super valuable for town and coincidentally can't die who does that claim benefit the most

The player or the town?

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

:wall:

Because putting a target directly on my forehead would be a great idea were I scum in this situation, especially in a setup where there's probably somebody who can counterclaim me.

Ok.

Can we give me some kind of credit for not being a stupid player here?

6. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Sure and you're trying to make Acio lynchable. While trying to get a mechanical reason to survive to endgame, despite being in the PoE.

If scum shoots you or me in the night, town probably just wins from all its extra mislynches.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I never said I wanted Acio lynched, I voiced reasonable doubts that the townblock is as solid as it seems, which is only in an alternate world and probably a last resort should they all still be alive in a few phases.

And considering Newcomb as the doubt in that townblock is just tinfoil for me, while Fonti is a claimed role, so I went to the only place in it that I could go if I wanted to poke.

Newcomb seems pretty certain that Sloth's reaction to he and Acio townreading each other is indicative of genuine frustration, so I'm keen to trust that for now, but I will be looking into it later.

8. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Nobody's saying that you're stupid.

Just that if I were scum here, I'd totally play the odds and then just concede if I got counter claimed. I wouldn't feel like there was any hair off my back if I made a bet-the-game gambit and failed after my teammates both jumped into nooses.

9. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Correct but you're already fucked to death because we can lynch through all of you/kai/citrus

So the only real option here is go for the gold

Lynch: Cobalt

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Alright, cool. I'm not you.

If I were scum here after getting driven off a cliff by Von and Sloth I sure as shit would not be trying at this point, given that the game would be basically unwinnable. I'm not a fan of unwinnable scumgames or dragging them out to their entirety just for the sake of it.

---------- Post automerged at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

ok lynch the claimed cop without a counterclaim fantastic idea

---------- Post automerged at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

*doctor oops

too many claim scenarios in my head from last phase

11. Newcomb

For the record, fonti was the one who first publicly voiced the "scum!Sloth hard clears Acio and Miner" thing.

That's why I think the townblock is right, btw. Fonti/Acio/me have been thinking the same things too much at too many of the same points.

I mean, absolutely go back and look at the Sloth interactions yourself.

It would be super embarrassing to absolutely destroy 2/3 of the scumteam and whiff harder than anyone's ever whiffed before on the third, so. Sanity check is never a bad thing.

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Alright. I'll probably get to it at some point. But not if I get lynched this phase.

*dramatic eye roll*

13. Newcomb

[​IMG]

14. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Day3 Lynch Cobalt

Would some other people like to run up Kai to compare and contrast reactions?

15. Newcomb

tbh I'm not going to be able to put my heart into any other scumreads than Kai until either the game ends with his flip or it doesn't. It's just... too stark. You played in WH14 as Kai's partner. Don't you think this is just exactly what Kai would do if he rolls into this game as scum and his two teammates get rekt D1?

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Don't y'all think it's a bit unreasonable to lynch the uncounterclaimed doctor when there's a perfectly reasonable chance at mechanically confirming them? lol.

17. Newcomb

You're not helping, Mr. Overreaction / Can't-Remember-Which-Role-He-Was-Fakeclaiming

---------- Post automerged at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Okay sorry that was a little snippy.

I meant, "stop making me doubt my surprisingly strong toneread on you"

18. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Votal:
    Here it is in case anybody else was randomly thinking, "Wait, what were thresholds today again?"

19. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    It would be if the doc-claim wasn't presenting a scenario where the tracker can DIE.

20. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'm a bit more convinced on Kai, but I'm fine going Cobalt/Kai with this claim brouhaha going on.

We have mislynches to spare.