1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I feel like all the information regarding their backstory was already out there.

Now excuse me while I change my underwear...

2. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    You know, after playing for a week, I was really sick of Hanzo and his fucking dragon spam but the short made me like both brothers xD

Also, Genji had a different personality than expected, at least for me.

Really hope for a story mode somewhere along the line. Or at least, short movies for D.Va, Pharah and Mercy. Everyone, really =P

3. Gengar

High Score:
    His personality was kind of a given once you knew he spent time bunking with Zenyatta.

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

You guys seen the new D.Va hotness? o_o

Super nsfw.

[gfy]GlossyImperfectBernesemountaindog[/gfy]

5. Gengar

High Score:
    You know I have :sherlock:

Saw a Mei one last week. That Eskimo jacket should be criminalized!

6. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I'll just point out the fact that's she's lacking a specific biologically critical something, aside from general lack of detail in the same area, and leave it at that.

7. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Shes missing her butthole, isnt she?

8. Gengar

High Score:
    These kind, heroic souls don't make the models. Only animate them. Some are better than others, but the models will get better with time...

:3

9. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Hope the Overwatch Short with Soldier 76 is the battle between him and Reaper that started the whole disbanding because that would be the ultimate hype.

10. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    That... was an ordeal.

My quest was riddled with trials and tribulations, adversity striking at every turn as I boldly ventured forth across the land, searching the city of Londinium for but a single store with any remaining Overwatch preorder allocations.

Some background is needed, I feel.

As a strapping young lad of just seventeen, I can't obtain a debit card to order the damn game online, (since my local banks apparently think that the world wide web is a scary place and teenagers should only be allowed cash in hand), so I had to hunt down a store to physically preorder the game for collection next week, or so the idea went.

Coming out of my maths exam this morning, I headed down to Stratford, the closest GAME store to my school (a mere twenty minutes on the overground), only to find out that all the PC preorders at that store had already been allocated.

"No problem," said the guy at the till. "I'm sure our store down in Oxford Street has some remaining."

And off I went.

Stratford to Oxford Street isn't the easiest of journeys, involving many sweaty people, three changes of tube lines and a bus, but I made it to Hamleys intact.

Only to find there were none there either.

More than a little peeved, I departed, and nearly ended my journey right there and then. All seemed lost. However, a small lightbulb went off in my head, as I remembered about a third store, much smaller than the other two previously mentioned, all the way over in Canada Water, at the heart of London's Docklands. Unwilling to embark on the hour-long journey without some sort of assurance, I called up the store (thank you Google) and asked if they had any in stock.

'Yes' was the reply from the store manager, and with that, I set off once more.

An hour later, I arrived at the station to the smell of cheap chips and weed and made the short walk to the store, only to find that, once again, there were no more copies in stock.

I'd forgotten to specify PC over the phone.

Fuck.

Utterly dejected, I turned to leave.

"Wait a minute, kid." The store manager said, as he rummaged under the counter, before presenting something to me, three somethings, in fact. "I can give you these instead."

In his hands were three fifteen pound Battle.net cards.

"I'm sorry, I can't pay for these; I've only got forty quid on me..." I replied, my voice trailing off.

"No worries." He winked, scanning the cards. "Just between me and you, eh?"

I left the store with a massive smile on my face, forty-five pounds worth of Blizzard internet money tucked away in my pocket.

I sit here writing this having just preordered Overwatch, my three and a half hour pilgrimage finally complete.

Now I just have to wait a week to play.

:yandere

11. Jon

[yt]VoRvbIekPfc[/yt]

12. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Two questions, Xepheria...

1) Did you call ahead to the first or second stores(I see you did for the third)?
    2) Is there no way to convert your money into something like a Visa Giftcard that can be used for online payments? Honestly curious, since I know you can do that here in a pinch, albeit oftimes only in specific increments.

It's great that the guy in the last store helped you out, though!

13. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Do people who bought the Origins edition get to play a couple of days early or something~?

14. Mestre

Mestre Professor

15. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    1) It didn't really cross my mind for the first two shops, though it would have saved me a hell of a lot of time. I just trusted (naively) that the staff member at Stratford would be correct.

1) There are ways of doing this, but only in very specific increments (£10, £25, £50, £100 etc). You can't, as far as I'm aware, get a disposable debit card that you can load any amount of money onto. You used to be able to, but not any more. I didn't consider the Battle.net cards because I didn't have enough money to purchase enough of them, but thankfully, I had a little help there.

The story was a quarter me being silly and not thinking ahead, a half miscommunication, and another quarter of things beyond my control.

16. Jon

[​IMG]

17. Gengar

High Score:
  18. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    In particular, 'What fits their station... and serves the greater order' - sounds way too much like a formal caste system whereby the poor never have a chance to raise their standing in society for my liking.

Scary stuff.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    Isn't that basically India now IRL? She's Indian, if so, makes sense I guess.

76 short out May22.

20. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

When I read the comic, it seemed like she was very uncomfortable with the situation.