1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

The lulz are real.

[gfy]FragrantUncomfortableBull[/gfy]

2. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

How much sensitivity do you guys use? I'm trying to figure it out but it's either too much or too little.

P.S. I definitely suck at this game. But at least Mercy does not require much accuracy :p

3. Krieger

In-game sensitivity is just default but I use to play with 4000 dpi for quick reaction times in close quarters, however that is shit for long distance shooting. So I switch between 800, 1800 or 4000 dpi depending on which hero I am playing, it's only a click of the mouse button.

I'm playing more and more at lower dpi, it's just weird because I've played at 4000 for so long moving the mouse at 800 feels like it takes ages.

4. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I think any sensitivity between 400 - 800 is about normal for most people. Here's a spreadsheet of some people who call themselves pro Overwatch players on their hardware, DPI and other stuff.

Personally I haven't changed anything on the in game sensitivity and I have a DPI of 1,000. Just do what you're comfortable with.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  5. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I had a super fun match as a bastion last night- on Hollywood defense, we also had a Reinhardt, Mercy, Symmetra, Winston, and then some offense hero i can't remember), that involved most of the match having Reinhart stand in front of me, Mercy channel damage up on me, and everything dying at the first capture point, over and over and over.

It was as glorious as Bastion can get.

6. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

As an aspiring Mcree player who refuses to play Reaper... How on earth did you find yourself up there?

Thus far all I've learned is I suck at Genji and thoroughly enjoy Zarya when I get bored of Roadhog - but still use my shield pre-emptively and usually absorb no damage. Thank god for suicidal team-mates upping my damage.

7. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There's a path up there in the back.

8. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I think I've played that map twice & both times have been pretty rapid defeats, as in, can't really get out due to insane camping mechanics from the other side.

I'll have to go for a wander next chance I get - good to know.

9. Krieger

That hook from roadhog...

[gfy]UncommonSilkyCornsnake[/gfy]

10. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Blizzard dropped the hammer on 1500+ players from China for cheating.

11. Krieger

Wonder where they got the figures when blizzard themselves were't sure if they were going to release them. They did post in their forums yesterday that they did a ban wave.

I gotta say I've been pwned quite a lot but not once so far have I ever felt the person on the other end was cheating. It's actually quite refreshing in an FPS game, hopefully the hard stance keeps the majority of them at bay.

EDIT: They actually released the account names aswell not just the amount they banned? Haha, shame them all.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  12. Gengar

High Score:
    I saw a post on reddit that had the actual email. Immediate account closure with a 'talk to the hand' like message also being very much conveyed.

Brutal. And funny.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    [​IMG]

If your partner would rather this than a shitty Hallmark card, marry them.

---------- Post automerged at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

Ahahaha, oh god, the Overwatch memes are strong!

[gfy]WastefulHarmoniousAxolotl[/gfy]

14. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

The entire twitter exchange that picture came from is amazing.

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/738528156475228163?s=09

15. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Fucking lol.

[​IMG]

16. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

17. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More rockabilly Overwtach here.

18. Krieger

What characters haven't you guys played much and why? Just your personal views why you haven't played them.

For instance I haven't play much of D.Va, Zarya, Widow, Hanzo and Symmetra.

Widow and Hanzo are self-explainatory, while they are probably the most picked the skill gap is massive, I have yet to see a GG widow and although I've seen some good Hanzos, I still get disappointed when I see a Hanzo on offense. Chances are they can't back up the pick, getting some kills as a sniper on offense does not justify your pick. I haven't gone snipers mainly because everyone else does, and too many snipers 9 times out of 10 is a bad thing.

Also I suck at them.

D.Va and Zarya. It comes down to personally preference really. If I'm pushing offensivly I go Reinhardt, his just too op not to. The rare times there is a tank and a nice team comp where I can go secondary tank I usually go Winston, his harass is OP. Dive, damage, shield, gtfo of there. D.Va is great too for harass but I think Winston gets the nod with his no aim weapon and shield. Zarya seems good, and is with teamplay, but she doesn't have much harass and unlike Reinhardt her shield sustain doesn't last as long and isn't as effective if your moving as a team. I would like to play more D.Va and Zarya, and I think they are very viable, but in pug play Reinhardt and Winston seem the better pick when solo tanking. Haven't mentioned roadhog because I don't pick him as much as Reinhardt/Winston, but still more than D.Va/Zarya. Roadhog is in the middle range for picks for me, very OP when played right.

Symmetra. She's extremely OP when first starting the game but like Pharah, Bastion and Torbjörn, Symetra becomes progressively weaker as people gain more experience. Newbies can't deal with her sentries, however experienced people will destroy them in a second. I hestitate to call her a support, which she is, but since experienced teams knock her sentries out quick smart, her squishiness and her lack of heals make me hesitate to pick her. She has shields, but for me the other 3 supports are more viable. Her teleporter is OP, but as with her sentries, experienced players will find the teleporter and destroy it quick smart. If a team comp can handle a second sup I would consider picking her, however that rarely happens in pug play.

I'll also add Reaper and Soldier 76 to the list of heroes I rarely play. The only reason I haven't picked them much is the same as Widow and Hanzo, everyone picks them. Last night I played with a couple mates and we had good team comps, I carried them originally since they were new so once they had experience they picked tank and sup. Given I had free reign I picked Solder 76, played 4 games as him, 3 potgs and the one I wasn't potg I was MVP with 84% on fire. Reaper is reaper, hard not to be OP. I had so much fun with both of them, but in pug play it's hard to pick them without unbalancing the team because people always pick them.

So what chatacters don't you play much and why? You don't find them viable? Maybe there is never room to pick them in your team comp? Maybe you just flat out find them boring?

19. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

There is always a Genji and always a Sniper, fucking sick of people picking them and never changing.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    And Reaper