1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Most of them.

I've spent about 60% of my time(total time of 35-ish hours I think?) on Zarya. Then the rest is between Symettra, Zenyatta, Pharah, D'Va, Mei, *ugh* Bastion, and a single game as Torbjorn. Not specifically in that order of frequency.

For Zarya especially, Symettra, and to a lesser degree Zenyatta, part of my decision to play them is because they are played less. I do also legimately enjoy playing Zarya, as evidenced by the majority of my playtime being on her. Even if I just couldn't really get her to click when I tried her in the Beta.
    Conversely, that's a decent part of my reasoning behind why I haven't played most of the other characters.

How many games are there without a Genji? Reaper? McCree? Reinhardt? Widow/Hanzo? And so on. Are they so frequently played because they are more fun? Perhaps. More often stronger? A more likely reason. Either way, I tend to avoid them for the time being.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They are most definitely not played because they're 'stronger'. They're just 'cool'.

If they're great Widows,I'm perfectly fine with 5 other widows in my group.

They never are.

3. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I see more MCCrees and Tracers than Reapers, personally.

Anyway, I only play 10 characters: Reinhardt, Winston, Zarya, Mercy, Lucio, Symmetra, Mei, Junkrat, Reaper and MCCree. The thing they all have in common is... they require very little aiming skill (I'm shit). I use MCCree mostly for his combo, but I can hit the enemy Reinhardt's shield just fine :p

I'm at 0 hours with all other heroes since release (except for an all Hanzo team, obviously a joke and a loss), but I had tried them all during the open beta.

4. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

Yeah, my games seem to be filled with McCree's and Mercy's most of the time. Really sick of McCree at this point and if he was deleted, I would probably be much happier with the game.

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Wait, you can play characters besides Roadhog? :p

I'm not quite that bad, but if the situation allows I'm all about the Hog. As a result, a special fuck you to Meis and Reapers everywhere.

6. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I started playing strictly supports (Mercy/Lucio/Symmetra), but then branched into Bastion and Mei pretty quick. That soon moved into Junkrat, then into Torbjorn. Then I started picking up Reinhardt and Winston for tanking purposes, then dropped Winston for Roadhog when my accuracy picked up with hooks.

Now I'm moving into the class of characters that I thought I would be genuinely awful at- the Offensive "Classic FPS" types, because goddamn am I bad at standard FPS. So far I've been playing around with Reaper, but it isn't nearly as hard or as bad as I find other FPS. Probably gonna try S:76 next.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  7. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

When you're McCree and see a Reinhardt...

[Gfy]PertinentGreenHairstreakbutterfly[/gfy]

8. Gengar

High Score:
  9. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Honestly don't get the McCree hate, then again I am a PS4 player so maybe he just struggles more on the console.

Had a nice round with Mercy earlier, Healing 8k, 46% of the teams damage then had a shit round as Pharah and went 3-8 or something when we attacked Hanamura. Anyone know what date the competitive update is added?

10. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

McCree can just roll around a corner, use his stun, then oneshot most anyone with his right click.

No skill, only fanhammering

11. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I want to believe.

12. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I haven't played a bunch of them.
    Hanzo: I play widowmaker instead, and I find the idea of using a bow and arrow kind of dumb, and the kill cams of this guy are the worst (getting shot in the foot and dying)
    McCree: The least skill intensive character in the game. He feels really out of place.
    Reaper: Kind of boring.
    Solider 76: I have no desire to play call of duty. Not that difficult to play either, so not very satisfying to press Q.
    Bastion: Super easy to play, and really obnoxious. I let people who care about kill counts pick this guy
    D.Va: Just not very good, or fun
    Lucio: I tried him a few times, I just wasn't good with him
    Mei: Gameplay style doesn't really fit what I find enjoyable
    zenyatta: He's just not that interesting, though he is pretty powerful at times.
    Junkrat. Another face-roll character. A shit junkrat can still get gold in kills just because of his ult, and an amazing one will be pretty obnoxious. I hate playing against him, so in turn, I don't play him.

13. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

14. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Eh, I don't have that much of a problem with it, sure he can get those easy one kills, but getting a massive amount of kills with him takes a ton of skill and he's very easy to take out.

As for characters I've avoided: Roadhog, Zarya, Winston, Soldier 76, Genji and Zenyatta

When I heal I prefer Mercy and when defending Symmetra is great so Zen doesn't get a run. I don't like Tanks as a whole but I do am embracing Reinhardt's skills and getting really good with him. Genji I have no real reason for ignoring, just prefer Pharah and Reaper while 76 gives me CoD vibes and I hate CoD so...

15. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Fave five according to a website are

- Soldier:76 at 8 hours. He's never the worst pick for a situation, and often quite a good one. Winning matchup against most characters.

- McCree at 7 hours. He's just so easy to contribute with, though it can be hard to be really oppressive with him (it can also be easy, if the enemy is dumb). Headshots with him feel satisfying.

- D.Va at 3 hours. She feels less good than in the beta, but she's still fun. Pretty sure of those 3 hours, 2 of them were in my first 5 hours. She's been replaced in my heart, and in my lineup.

- Junkrat at 2 hours. When I need a defensive hero, I choose this guy, since I can't snipe and I don't feel like playing Mei. IDR any of the others.

- Zarya at 2 hours. Currently my favorite tank. I often play with one specific friend, who enjoys playing Roadhog. Roadhog is a free way to build up your weapon charge. I enjoy solo killing four people with black hole + full charge, so I enjoy Zarya.

Honorable mentions:

30 minutes of Roadhog, no wins. When my friend feels like playing Zarya, I play Roadhog for him. Then we lose.

40 minutes of Lucio. Go to support, I usually play him on King of the Hill.

12 minutes of Mei. Trying out my Legendary skin. That's it. We won.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  16. Gengar

High Score:
  17. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

18. Gengar

High Score:
    Lucio switching to speed stance in the last panel made me giggle.

19. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

That moment when you want to play Overwatch but don't want to play with the bads.

20. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Can't wait till comp comes out, slog through the shitfest of the first tiers and actually get to some good play. I don't mind losing if we suck, but I hate losing because of team comp or people running everywhere doing their own thing. I'd rather get pwned in a fair fight than nearly win by arse.