1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Tsar

Tsar Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Why would I play any attack hero that's not McCree when he exists and does the job better 95% of the time. I'm not going to put put myself at a disadvantage just for 'muh challenge'.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

When I say 'the bads' I'm not talking about people who are mechanically bad at the game.

I'm talking about people who think it's COD and are only in it for the KDA, who stick with a single champion no matter what the team needs, and when we eventually lose, they fall back on 'lol it's only a game'.

Yes, it is a game, a team based game. When you get those little assholes who do whatever they want for their own enjoyment at the expense of everyone else on their team.

Those people are 'the bads'. They're straight up assholes, both for doing what they do and not acknowledging that they're putting their fun ahead of the rest of their team.

3. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A good Genji will school most McCree.

4. Tsar

I doubt that with flashbang in its current state. McCree's toolkit is honestly too strong.

5. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    You can reflect the flashbang with Genji's E. Playing Tracer, I can take most McCree I've come across so long as they don't get the drop on me too.

6. Tsar

The reflect only works if the flashbang bounces on the sword if it's aimed at the ground he still gets stunned. A good McCree will know this and beat Genji all things being equal.

And the possibility that Genji and Tracer can maybe deal with him doesn't change the fact that he dominates most of the cast.

7. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

McCree can throw the flashbang over Genji, like with Reinhardt shield, and get the stun off during the reflect. It's basically second nature after some time spent on him.

Edit: What Tsar said...

8. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    And a good Genji will use his dash to avoid a telegraphed stun entirely. A good Genji also tends to be more technically skilled than a good McCree given the difficulty difference.

9. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Looks good, but nowhere near looking like the actual character. Definitely not a hint of Egyptian in her and she looks more like an american with tan.

10. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

McCree should win, close range at least. Most games McCree does rip a Genji, but that's is because of the skill gap difference. Genji is one of the rare classes when played right is basically impossible to kill outside another similarly skilled person, McCree isn't.

If I had an option between a gg Genji and a gg McCree, I'd take the Genji any day. As pointed out already, McCree's skill requirement is quite small to be effective. Where as Genji is like a Tracer and can cause havoc behind the lines and is effective in many situations. I've versed one gg Genji in my time playing so far and I am still sore.

Because of the difference in skill requirements to play either effectively... I play McCree. :sherlock:

11. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Mate, its a pub game. You're gonna have to deal with those people because Overwatch is a for-fun-game.

I play Overwatch because it's fun and I don't to be forced on a role, or play seriously like I play CS:GO ranked or Dota 2 ranked.

Win or lose, it doesn't matter because nothing is gonna happen. Yes it's a team-based game but unless they actually put the "competitive mode" on, what we're doing right now is just playing the final beta of the game even though it's released. And getting that POTG too!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  12. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What's the implication here? You can't have fun and cooperate with teammates? You only have fun by running around, getting killed and losing?

13. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

The implication here is that people are free to do their own thing irregardless of winning or losing.

If people wanted to play as a team, they would:

1. Have friends to party with and play.
    2. Try hard in a game with no actual reward for winning. (aka. Getting higher ranks so they can play with other similar players with high ranks).

Besides, it's not like you're investing 40-60mins worth of game time here unlike CS:GO or Dota, or LoL.

Ultimately, for me, it's the lack of "competitiveness" that kills it. Trying hard (that is, forcing myself to play a role the team lacks but not necessarily a fun hero for me) with no rewards whatsoever is pointless.

Or it could be that nobody just gives a damn in the team anyway so might as well have fun.

TLDR:

I play Overwatch because it's fun and beautiful and there's no stress, no salty players, or overall seriousness that comes with playing ranked CS:GO or Dota 2.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  14. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

I'd rather have a good McCree, who can click heads at medium range and is basically a more versatile Widowmaker.

If your team has a tank and a support, there's almost no situation where I wouldn't want a McCree on my team.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    [gfy]ImpoliteDaringCooter[/gfy]

16. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

First guy picks Reinhardt, I pick Zarya for the off tank. Next one is Roadhog. Only got tankier from there as we pick up Winston and D.Va. Widowmaker ruined it for two rounds before she finally swapped to D.Va. We won. It was great. Tanks are unbeatable.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    Totally unrelated and a complete tangent, but does anyone know if 'avoiding' players stops you from being matched together with them in the future?

Or is it just placebo?

18. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I haven't seen any evidence one way or the other that Avoid/Prefer this player does anything.

19. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Teammate got a 8kill potg as Reinhardt. Killed 4, Mercy ressed them, hammer down, killed another 4 before he died. Most I've seen in one potg so far.

20. Brekouh

Brekouh Muggle

Has anyone picked up over watch since beta? Did they address the balance issues between the characters?