1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ash, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    A friend of mine tried to book tickets the day they became available, and she was honestly something like 2000th in the queue. Honestly doesn't surprise me that it's sold out that far in advance

2. Fhaps

Fhaps Muggle

High Score:
    Hi all - new to the forum! Happy to have discovered this place.

I recently managed to book tickets for the Cursed Child in July. It turns out there's an official 'wishlist' where you can register, state your desired dates to see the play, and if there's anyone wanting to return a ticket for those dates you can purchase it. Through this system I was able to book tickets to watch both parts twice on opening week! I'm so excited.

I've seen that not many people now about this system, and I've also seen many people trying to sell their tickets through the wishlist but being unable to do so due to a lack of promotion for the so called list. Thought I would let you guys know! :p

Has anyone else managed to grab tickets for the play?

3. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Don't know if anyone's interested, but JK Rowling posted (some of) the wand designs for the play.

[​IMG]

4. Lunanight

Lunanight Squib

High Score:
    It certainly is interesting that Harry's wand core (Phoenix) and Ginny's wand wood (Yew), when put together match the foundation of Voldemort's wand. Especially given the interactions both Harry and Ginny had with Voldemort since Harry had part of Voldemort inside of him and was marked as his equal, whereas Ginny was possessed by the Diary and was basically a pseudo-Horcrux given how she was almost used as a vassal to revive Voldemort.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if they went the fanfic expected route by having Albus be a parselmouth because [insert convoluted, fanfic-esque plot reason regarding Harry/Ginny/Voldemort/etc here]. Either that or it might foreshadow that Albus could be sorted into Slytherin, which is infinitely more likely than the absurd parselmouth nonsense I just said.

Though I think Pottermore already seemed to foreshadow Albus being in Slytherin when we got to read Rita's commentary of the 2014 Quidditch World Cup. "The Potter family – minus Mother, Ginny Potter, who of course is here in the journalists’ enclosure with me – have been given prime places in the front row. All are wearing the red of Bulgaria except middle child Albus, who is sporting Brazilian green." As in the entire Potter family wearing red (Gryffindor) except for Albus who wore green (Slytherin).

5. Atram Noctem

Atram Noctem Auror

So they published photos of the actors in their full costumes. Can't say I like how it looks, but I understand that theater has different conventions...

[​IMG]

6. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Does anyone know anything about tickets for this? I was looking at dates in May next year but they all seem to be sold out.

7. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wow. I'm super sold on Theater!Ginny as how I imagine adult Ginny (do you think she goes by Ginevra now that she's off the pitch and on the quill?). Way better than shittyCG!Bonnie Wright in DH Pt. 2

8. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    Hermione is black. That for some reason is totally mind blowing for me. I cannot picture her as anyone else but Watson

9. The Wasp

The Wasp First Year

High Score:
    I admit it's a bit hard for me to wrap my head around too. I think Rowling is saying she doesn't have a problem with it because she has to tow the usual progressive line. In my mind, the character is white.

That being said, it's not really that big of a deal. I hope the actress who plays her (I forget her name at the moment) does well. Should be a good show.

10. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Turns out Albus Severus is indeed a Slytherin.

Scorpius is his house mate while Rose is a Gryffindor.

(EDITED for spoilers. Minor spoilers, but spoilers all the same. If you want to talk revealed info do so in this thread, not here. - Drome)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016