1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Not capitalizing stuff really isn't that hard to read.

The Atum read mostly is meta, yeah. I promise to substantiate that read later.

---------- Post automerged at 06:27 ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 ----------

Why no lynch vote, Sesc?

---------- Post automerged at 06:29 ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 ----------

Oops, you did vote.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

If I compare Atum right now to Atum in the last Witchhunt he played, then that is surely a 100% different person.

His last game was the worst performance he could have had at the time being, i think.
    Similar to the Mal/myself fiasco in the last fs witchhunt.

But from what i heard afterwards is that he got a lot of real life stuff going on (exams i think) during that game, so I don't want to take that game as bar for his scumplay.

I thought Fontis read on Von was 100% too early. I agree that he is likely town by now, but I do not think that is was that obvious by the time she first gave that read.

I just read back the earlier pages and realized I missed Vons initial introduction post. While it is not 100% clearing, I can see why fonti might be inclined to read him town early on.

Delphines vote on me after calling me "pure" is weird. Von pointed it out already. I am curious to hear more from her about that one.

Could you explain to me why you think those 3 people are on a similar level of "not having fun"?
    I can see why you would believe Reaverb is not having fun, but why don't explain the whole grouping up thing because it is mostly awful.

"Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties and of tens." - Exodus, 18:21

Lump KaiDASH 2016.

3. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I already pre-game voted you Von.

Given your comment to Fonti, why not vote me as the lump instead of Atum?

I think I'm a great choice for lump in this game. 1) I'm not someone who gets NK'd much, 2) Being N1 priest town-firmed will clear any questions as to my alignment and 3) The double vote will make it easier for me to project pressure, which I feel is important given I've done well in identifying scum, but not always succeeding on getting them lynched.

The think with Kai was me disagreeing with Reaverb, and I felt like Atum was just getting me to show the thought behind that. My lean town on Atum is primarily a tone/meta read as this looser/active/carefree Atum reminds me a lot of his play as town in NarutoMafia. As I said previous, he has to keep up the play to continue to earn the read, but that's my thought for now.

---------- Post automerged at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

So you state I'm following my plan from TH5 as scum, and don't vote me?

Explain please:

You may indeed end up being my new Snowvon

4. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Wait why do people think giving Kai lump will make him post more? All it does is mean we can't lynch pressure him to talk.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Waco!

Help me, help you, my friend.

Last game I read you town early on for wrong reasons. Could you give me the right reasons this time around?

If you had to pick one person to die and one to save between Delphine, Tom & Reaverb, who would you choose and why?

6. Bill Door

Lump vote Bill Door

I like pandas, pandas like me. It's a match made in heaven.

Also I'm good at stuff and will probably do things.

---------- Post automerged at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Lynch Vote Reaverb Tau

Overly keen to look like he's doing stuff while not actually doing anything.

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

"Lift up your heads, O gates, And be lifted up, O ancient doors, That the King of glory may come in!" - Psalm, 24:7

---------- Post automerged at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

Oh by the way .. if anyone gets offended by me using bible verses, let me know and I will stop.

This is just me being in character, but I do not intend to make fun of of anyones believes doing so.

8. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

On the bright side, it can't make me post less.

9. Bill Door

It could...

---------- Post automerged at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Something about too many people townreading Atum makes me suspicious.

Tom's name not being capitalised tilts me but I kinda like him other than that.

I think I like mallorean thug for effort.

Don't like weiyaoli, only one post that actually said nothing.

This is reason enough to not give him any power.

I just realised other people are voting Reaverb so

Unvote
    Vote weiyaoli

10. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Back for a bit!

Why Kai over your first lump vote? What changed your mind? Not sure how to read your Trump reaction pic in #65.

I'm not sure yet. Don't really have a solid read on anyone so far. I'd like Lump, but to be honest, I know I'm not active enough/good enough at reading people for the double vote responsibility.

Out of the play group - I'm barely familiar with most of them, so maybe someone I have played with, just because I have a better chance of pegging them.

Why those three in particular? But:

tom - not sure what to think of insistence for NL. Can't realistically expect that would just happen with only his vote - not alignment indicative imo, since he is giving opinions without voting for people. Seems okay so far I guess

font - nothing really sticks out to me just yet. Most noteworthy thing was voting for Reaverb early and town-reading Atum early. Waiting to see Reaverb's responses to these votes first before I give an opinion.

Delphine - people seem to be reading into the kai question much more than I am. But seems a little defensive with #83 - cool, but I was initially reading the exchange as more RVS but with random leading questions, clearly wasn't the case. The Jan vote is more puzzling, but other people have already picked up on that.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Considering your reasoning for the Reaverb vote it was not RVS, why do you feel the need to lessen the pressure on him without any reactions?

If you thought he is scummy then you are not likely to care about someone else voting him, unless the wagon gets out of hand and you don't feel certain, but we are far away from that stage.

12. Bill Door

Because I figured he had enough votes on him that he needs to do something about it without me being there too. So I might as well try and make other stuff happen at the same time.

13. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Let's make a deal. Explain your lump vote to me please, and I'll vote for Sesc ;)

But seriously, why either vote? You've made analytical posts since this one, nothing happened to change your mind?

---------- Post automerged at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------
    Bill Door
    What are your thoughts on Atum himself, and are there any particular town reads you find suspicious?

14. Bill Door

He hasn't exactly done anything. He's talked about himself a bit too much. Said some stupid things, but that's all fairly neutral.

Can't say I'm a big fan of snowvon's or jan's atum reads. All a bit following the crowd-y.

15. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

They seem like meta reads to me, have you played much with Atum/disagree with the meta read?

Though separately (admittedly not having read through an Atum game), I'm a little confused on font's conviction as early as #31. Atum had maybe half of a page's worth of posts (some were still pretty much in RVS stage), and nothing much since then about anything.

16. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

I just wanna know how you're choosing them.

I'm on the Waco Lump train for reason #2 alone.

Lump Vote: Waco Kid
    Bill Door: Thoughts on scum in the KaiDASH lump voters {Kai, Von, Jan, mal}? If follow-the-crowding is pinging your radar.

@Wei: How do you pronounce that?

Vote: Weiyaoli

17. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Moderator Notes:

-Ask all questions directed to me privately, rather than doing so publicly in the thread.

-Reaverb will be V/LA for the 7th, as per his pregame post.

18. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Mind explaining the vote?

(and anyway you'd like, can't be worse than some attempts I've had - "whale" etc...)

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I don't care too much for you voting Sesc since the vote is just a placeholder.

I can tell you why I think Kai should be our next savior.

Lump should go to a player who is unlikely to be a valuable n1 mafia target as town.
    People like fonti come to mind, who is likely to die early on dlp if she rolls town.

Lump should also not be on someone who is obvious town, because we don't want that person checked by the priest.
    Plus getting rid of obvious town is good for mafia similar to getting rid of the most iinfluential players.

Kai has a pretty good track record as town, from what I remember. Not at reading me, but the game in general.

Last game he was on Cobalt for 2-3 days until town finally killed cobalt in f3.
    2nd to last witchhunt on fs he was on fonti early on, and only let her go because he wanted to kill me (which is his common mistake in most games).
    He was on rubicon and myself in the minimafia we rolled at the beginning of the year (he didn't get fonti because of her suicidal bus play on me d1)

It might force him to be more invested in the game overall.

If he is scum then we will know tomorrow, which is good as well because the difference between low effort scum!kai and low effort town!kai is not something i would be likely to read right.
    As I said before the two of us tend to scumread each other a lot. Having him checked n1 is the best thing that can happen to me personally because of that.

Summary :
    Lump should go to a hard to read midrange player.
    A player where a check is useful, but who is not likely to be a normal scumtarget because they stay in the possible misslynchpool if they are town.

Kai fits that and everything else is pure selfishness from me. There are other players that fit in that categorie, but I get more out of a Kai lumping than most other targets.

For voting .. I have like 3-4 people in my possible voting circle right now. Sesc is actually outside of it in a neutral pile. I just have not decided who to vote on next and I don't feel any rush in doing so tbh.

---------- Post automerged at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

I don't actually have any atum read yet.

I don't have a lot of meta to go off. At least not things that i remember well enough.
    He hasn't done anything to make me think he is scum, but that doesn't mean he is town.

Why do you think my read is following any crowd when i stated that I don't think he is town just because he is not playing as poorly as in the last game where he rolled scum?
    That is mostly going against the grain of weak townreads on him at the time.

---------- Post automerged at 16:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

I pick a topic and type a fitting word together with "bible verse" into google.

In the case of your post i was typing "door bible verse", because I wanted something to react to bill door, and let's be honest there is always a quote in there that you can make fit with the lump situation as well.

Took me a minute because half of the verses are not fitting the situation, but in the end the good book always delivers.

Talking about it .. do you want to be the Arseface to my preacher?

You can't be Cassidy because that role is reserved for Fonti regardless of her alignment.

20. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Kind of wanted to see how you'd react after Billy did the same thing and you just let it slide. Also reasons. Pretty much what I expected, so the vote stays.

Who do you want Lump to go to? And since it wasn't very clear the first time, how do you pronounce your name?