1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

How terrible will Order of the Phoenix be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by david9, Dec 26, 2006.

1. david9

david9 Banned

I was looking up info for the new movie, and this came up. It's a list of differences between the movie and the book, mainly focusing on the movie's cast.

• No Rita Skeeter making Harry's life hell.
    • No Bill Weasley, Stan Shunpike, most of the "supporting" people in the Order, including Fletcher
    • No Dolohov, Jugson, Macnair, Avery or Lestrange brothers which means a much shortened MoM fight scene.
    • No Peeves, whose role isn't big as far as the plot is concerned but him saluting Fred and George was probably the highlight for me of this book.
    • No Sirius' mother yelling about mudbloods and traitors
      Neville's parents haven't been cast, which means no seeing how fucked up Bellatrix really is.
    • No Edgecombe, meaning they're probably going to rape DD's fight scene in his office.

Nothing about the plot changes yet, but from these cast changes do you think it'll be even worse than Goblet of Fire?

2. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

AH------aw. Wow. i'm pissed.

Definitely. There's no way this movie could possibly live up to any sort of possitive expectations, even making consideration for the absence of the old dumbledore and considering the length of the book (while comparing what we should expect based on the translation done of book 4). I personally thought that 4 was terrible. It's sort of like watching cut scenes while playing a video game. you miss out on so much that they dont have time to put into the movie, so you sort of need to be reading along at the same time and just take the movie as some sort of bonus for the book.

3. mournthewicked

mournthewicked Mistress

We've pretty much stated that they raped the other books to movie adaptions.

Really, anything they do can't raise my hackles anymore.

4. C.S.Kaniel

C.S.Kaniel Fourth Year

If all those are gone from the movie, i'm just not going to see it...at all.

I mean seriously, everything you just listed was like, what, the whole damn book.

both PoS and GoF movies sucked serious ass. It was bad enough that in GoF, everyhing was so cut down that we didn't even see the wand-weighing ceremony, so basically it was "Hey, lets gather all the champions so that we can give ONLY Harry Potter an interview!", plus the fact that there was no giant spider or blast ended screwts, or anything other than thick underbrush in the maze, no real explanation into why they were going to the quidditch cup, etcetera.

And THAT was when the only really noteworthy aspect of GoF was the Tasks and Voldemort(which was also pretty screwed in the ass by the producers).
    There was alot happening at once in OoTP though, and now they practically cut the character list in a fourth, and without an edgecomb, theres no way for Umbridge to even find out about the DA! And what, is the DA going to be The merry band of misfits who went to the ministry and thats it, too?!

This just, ugh, i can't even type about this without seeing red. All I know is it's gonna suck, and I really hope I never even see the ADS for Half-blood Prince next year.

5. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.

So we lose the entire ministry-hates-Harry subplot, the Order has been gutted, we lose one of the very best parts of the book (Peeves vs Umbridge), we lose the only real reason Sirius hates Grimmauld place, Bellatrix is not remotely as evel as she should be, and we lose a plot point.

Yep, this movie is going to blow. Horribly. My sister will probably buy it anyways, so I'll probably end up seeing it, but this sounds awful.

6. Kari Black

Kari Black DA Member

Fuck, they cut out the whole damn book! Not to mention I was really looking forward to seeing Peeves vs. Umbitch. This is going to suck.

7. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

Don't have to go all zOMG!Oh noes I'm gonna be a drama Queen. Look at some of the other movies. GoF especially.

8. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

Yeah, but after GoF, I wasn't expecting too much out of this one. I would have liked to see peeves and umbridge go at it, but I really think Skeeter is the bigger loss.

For some reasons talking about bad idea changes makes me want to post this image; [​IMG]

9. Thrawn Wannabe

Thrawn Wannabe Second Year

I most likely will completely avoid watching this movie, unless I get referred to it by a great many people. Also, it looks as if they are cutting out that whole exam thing, which I am not sure was too important anyway. They also cut out that person who owned the restaurant, Madam Pudifoot or something. I wonder if they are bold enough to cut out that whole part...

10. carvell

carvell Professor DLP Supporter

I wont be watching the movie, I aint seen the 4th one and i won't.
    they should have made it all into a tv series rather than movies, 6-10 episodes per book then it might be worth watching with all the cast that has been cut, plus alot more magic shown.

11. Krull

Krull Denarii Host

No Edgecombe!? I understand cutting the characters used in side plots but Edgecombe....

....And the fight scene will probably suck donkey balls, hairy donkey balls

12. Hesuse Christe

Hesuse Christe First Year

Due to warnings from the MPAA, the quill will not cut Harry's hand, only burn it. Damnable liberal pansies.

13. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

....I swear if they cut out the Daphne bit i'll burst someone's skull open and feast on the gooey insides.

14. Myst

Myst Headmaster

.... I'd rather watch a chick flick than the 5th HP movie... and I'm a guy so thats saying something.

15. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Wait, Daphne is in the 5th book? I know she was a character, but she is in the book? I thought she was one of those characters J.K said were there, but never mentioned. Like two of the Gryff girls.

16. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

She is briefly mentioned when Hermione is called to take the OWl exam, I had hoped they would cast her in the movie.

17. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

I really did not have to hear about all the things that they cut to know that this was movie was going to suck donkey balls. All the other ones sucked, and frankly this one will just be a new addition to the archive of shit movies.

18. Myst

Myst Headmaster

The funny part is that it'll gross in a shit load of money because we're the minority of those who think it'll suck. :p

19. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Just be glad they didn't pull a fucking Eragon and dump 3/4s of the book, and then totally rewrite the remaining 1/4.

After PoA and GoF, how much worse can they get?

20. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

That probably annoys me the most out of all the points you made, closely followed by Alice and Frank Longbottom not being cast. The Rita Skeeta thing annoys me quite a bit, too, since that takes away a lot of the conflict, like with Seamus and Harry.

Peeves hasn't been in any of the movies, so I didn't expect him to make an appearance, ever.

Bah. This sounds really bad.