1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Feoffic, Sep 10, 2015.

?

What brand is your underwear?

1. Instinct

28.1%
  2. Mystic

43.9%
  3. Valor

28.1%
  1. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

It would be great if they can collect the amount of miles walked for everyone. "Everyday 3 million poke miles are walked"

2. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

3. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Downloaded this with my boyfriend yesterday.

We ended up meeting like three other people on this app when walking around Seattle.

It's pretty great. Minus the fact my work is like a deadzone while my boyfriend's work is like a pokemon gold mine.

I'm losing to him so badly now :(

4. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

I managed to capture an extra small Eevee while collecting my mail.

5. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    Getting off the train to work, I caught a random Bulbasaur. That was pretty cool. Where I live you see doduo for day, there is a growlithe that has not shown up yet. I want him as well. Any one know where to get great and ultra balls. Do you buy them or do that pokestop thing?

6. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Caught two Gastly this morning before server crash!!!

7. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

I just looked at the Jogger medal and I've walked 3.5 miles in 2 days! If I continue at this rate, see ya later my present fat-ass self!

8. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Only pokeballs, no other types.

You start getting Razz Berry's once you hit a certain level (like 6-7ish), which make the pokemon "easier to catch", but its probably only necessary on orange/red ringed pokemon.

9. Roarian

Roarian High Inquisitor

There are other Pokéball types it seems, you just have to be higher level for them. Someone on reddit reached level 20 already & got Ultraballs.

10. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Started last night and could only grab Bulbasaur because gps is shit and I can't walk through walls.

On the way home today I spot a Squirtle and immediately start throwing at it. Lose connection. Fuck this gay earth. :fire

11. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

12. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

And here I am sat with an incompatible phone. Who woulda thought a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini was too old for it, but here we are.

Unfortunate, but thanks to work I'm already aware that there's nothing of interest around my area - though with that said I'm intrigued about my local airport and the surrounding area. At the very least, the terminal contains a Pokestore, so there's that.

13. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So do you have to sign in everyone you open the app? And for eggs, do you have to keep the app open to hatch them?

The sign in thing is very annoying.

I did manage to catch myself a Vulpix though, which I am very pleased about.

14. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

So the sign in thing only occurs (at least for gmail signins, no idea for the pokemon fan club stuff) during/after server instability. It normally does not occur.

For eggs, once you stick them into an incubator you are good to go. Note that it only counts movement UNDER a certain speed, while also only counting movement that crosses DISTANCE. This is because it is tracked via GPS, not step counter, and also to stop people from cheating the system (and risking their lives) playing from a car speeding around.

I do believe the app needs to be open for the distance tracker to count, though. It doesn't need to be on the egg screen or anything weird like that though.

15. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I went and dug out the old android phone I bought months ago on eBay for cheap. I don't have a SIM card that will fit it, but I managed to get the OS into English (it was Japanese) and get it hooked up to my wifi. Got my Google account connected.

Can't find Pokemon Go. I putter around. I'm running Android 4.1 and upgrading isn't an option, apparently. *Throws hands up* Whatever dawgs!

I don't suppose if I found my... uh, WTF do I have somewhere, a 3DS XL? I think it was internet capable. Does it do this shit?

16. Innomine

High Score:
    Cheers. Ok, regarding the egg incubator, I clicked it, the clicked the incubator, but there seems to be no confirmation that I have my egg in there. Is there any way to tell if it's in there besides walking the 2km required?

17. Gengar

High Score:
    On your egg screen, it'll show the egg in the incubator with x/ 2/5/10km under it. X being how far you've walked.

18. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I really dislike that I have to have the damn app open the entire time, eating my battery stupid fast, in order to hunt. Especially when they did that to incentivize purchasing the 35$ watch.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    Think of it as buying the game for $35. While I think it needs more content, I'm having way more fun with this than the same old pokemon DS game every year tbh...

Reading up on it though, it doesn't do what I want (hatch eggs without app open) and only handles catching pokemon you've already caught, and pokestop stuffs.

20. Innomine

High Score:
    So how do you battle? Can you only battle the gym leaders?