1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2016.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'm gonna go ahead and call citric/wei unaligned for citric pretty clearly not knowing he's been replaced.
    If this one is wrong, I will never again call citric unaligned with anyone ever.

2. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

How much time is left in the day?

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    We're 7 hours from the original deadline. 24 hour extension for you two to catch up.

You're both doing great so far...

4. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yeah I know, working on it.

My free day to read through 900 post yesterday turned out to be less free than expected. The upside is that I'm getting close, and 31 hours is enough time for me to get my feet wet after finishing a proper read.

---------- Post automerged at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Here, my early notes (through 250ish) are own my phone which is all I have access to right now, you can have them if you want.

Written for myself on my phone, so not going to bother working on grammar. Sorry in advance.

~~~~

Willing to accept as town as now:
    Waco
    Weyoli
    Mallorean Thug
    Tom
    Fontisian
    Snowvon

-Reverb is very tryhard in the first ~100 posts
    -Atum is striking me as genuinely playing for enjoyment and not calculation in that same frame, which makes him town lean?
    -Delphine was also very tryhard in the first ~100 posts
    -Jan is projecting the same level of fun as Atum early
    -Bill Door entered with similar thought processes as me
    -His second post I like less. Why would it matter that other people were voting his top suspect? That’s a bonus, not a malus. <Jan agrees with this statement, which make me like him
    -I think BD’s thing about trying to make multiple things happen at once is stupid, especially once explained, but it could be preference
    -I’ve played one game with town Atum, where he didn’t say much of use, just kinda ran around being troll-y. This is a similar sort of feeling, I think
    -Niggling thought that’s not even overly fair bc Jan and I are always on opposing teams somehow, and so I mistrust him in general: I feel like he made an early push at fun towniness (the bible verse are amusing, but that’s a lot of effort), and that he’s slowly trying to push the town in bad directions. Like the Kai thing. I could see a scum team trying to install Kai as lump because he’s not much of a leader/poster. Further, Jan makes a point to specify that Kai is bad at reading him, laying grounds to ignore it when Kai starts to turn on him later. Plus its weird to me that if he has a group narrowed to that he would like to vote, then he’s keeping his vote outside of it. My suspicion is piqued, so it feels like he’s waiting to be second on a wagon there.
    -oooh goody. Jan and my slot are already jousting.
    -and jan withdraws his vote off a weaker player the moment a hole gets poked in it. For the waiting watcher, that seems a bit weak.
    -willing to accept fonti’s reads in 159 until she is likely scum or scumfirmed. Except jan, who I have a bad vibe about
    -I actually like a lot of delphines 174
    -jesus I really can’t like Jan. 175 is bad
    -billdoor is doing this disgusting thing where he says “blablabla is bad and you should feel bad x” then votes y

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'm torn between that not actually looking like notes you would make for yourself and being excited that someone else is finally seeing what I see in jan.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Wow I'm stupid, I was looking at the op and didn't see his name replaced by?typhon? And forgot. Alas!

---------- Post automerged at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Wow I was expecting more Posts today. Sigh

Typhon, Bill door is confirmed town per later on

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

They are what they are. Maybe not the most efficient, but that's how I do notes. Think I'll be home and able to throw down the rest in ~1-2 hours, maybe.

8. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Also, fuck me then. Bill was my #2.

---------- Post automerged at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Yeah, okay, I see it. That's right about where I quit reading last night.

9. silver'

silver' Muggle

High Score:
    Okay, catching up now.

---------- Post automerged at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

I've since re-read the setup post, and the graverobber is one-shot. (Why did no-one point this out to me?) So we effectively have no flips. In that case, town. No competent scum defends his partner so ham-fistedly.

Because you comment on ongoing stuff in mafia (at least I do), and it was something that was recent enough so that I could answer it without lacking context.

---------- Post automerged at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Interesting. I haven't gotten any strong reads out of the game so far (only 2,5 pages in). From my limited experience, fontisian does this a lot (having random strong reads early). Do they tend to be accurate?

---------- Post automerged at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Kai is a an early townread. Stuff like this:

Is the kind of confidence that's actually alignment indicative.

---------- Post automerged at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

Whoever listed claims earlier did not mention this. So I'm guessing it's for reactions? If it's for reactions, it's towny.

---------- Post automerged at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

So if I understand right, no-lynch is terrible?

It happens a lot recently on my forum, for some reason, that some guy randomly decides to pursue a no-lynch. Empirically, it's a town tell, but that could easily be variance.

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

For this setup and player list, yes a no lynch would be terrible.

11. silver'

silver' Muggle

High Score:
    All those Trump references are tremendous. We are winning with Trump references.

mall is also a townread, based on relaxed-and-happy tone

I personally find myself saying these things much more often as scum than town. "Look at my innocent town slip that's so easy to fake that scum wouldn't bother doing it, go on give me town cred!". Though that's probably too WIFOM and meta to be anything other than null.

Snowvon gives me bad vibes, though. I just can't put my finger on why yet.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I was looking more for a reason for answering it. You informed Atum you thought he was flailing after Kai responded to the question (which was directed at him) because ________.

---------- Post automerged at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

I'm a Witch.

---------- Post automerged at 16:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Whoops, silly autocorrect.

That should say "I'm the Priest."

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Slight plus in favor of silver being town for disliking snowvon?

Sorry snowvon, I've already got dibs, find your own town role

14. silver'

silver' Muggle

High Score:
    This is towny based on pickiness. Scum would try being less pedantic.

So I don't get the lump thing. It seems negative utility to me. A one-way lover. Why give it to a town read? I'd give it to a scum read.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Throwback to when Gentleman Johnny called me null all throughout Off the Grid.

16. silver'

silver' Muggle

High Score:

:sherlock:

are you trying to be funny/snarky?

17. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Getting closer, although I'll say for free that I'm not voting outside of Sliver, Citrus, Jan, tom, and having Bill Door leeroy today. Really probably should've had BD leeroy a target you guys chose yesterday.

18. silver'

silver' Muggle

High Score:
    I mean I know you get an extra vote, but an extra vote isn't enough to compensate being a lover.

19. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

tom wouldn't be on that list if he hadn't dodged lump, and I'd feel much better about the gamestate.

---------- Post automerged at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

While I'm here, silver, what's your experience level?

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I am a very easy player to read.

I'm town. Pinky promise.

---------- Post automerged at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

Uh, I think you have to purchase something to use this cafe's wifi, so I'm skedaddling.

I'm gonna be gone all tomorrow, so. o/