1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Razza2k

Razza2k Squib

High Score:
    Am i the only person who feels the game becomes boring very quickly? I just dont think the game has enough content to last.

2. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nope. Stopped playing after a couple weeks. Wasn't really having that much fun with it compared to other games that I could be playin', so that was that.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I played for about 3 weeks and then I was done. Having no real combat-based progression system is a double edged sword. It makes the game very easy to pick up and fun to play casually, but there's not much to keep the competition alive beyond getting new cosmetics.

I think Bliz will probably partially remedy this in the future by introducing lvl restricted weapon upgrades or unlockable story cinematics or some such.

4. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

It's not really a game to sit down and play for hours at a time several times a week, yeah.

Good, fun, entertaining, but if I want to make an evening disappear I'll hop on something like FFXIV/SWTOR/Civ/Fallout.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There will never be game mechanics locked behind progression.

That being said, they could do a LOT more with cosmetics. Accessories. Colour pallet swaps. Achievement based voice lines (d.Va saying 'Get Rekt' when her ulti kills 3+ ppl etc). PvE Horde Mode (Moon of the Apes!).

If you're waiting on anything that'll give you a mechanical advantage over someone else though, this game ain't for you.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Wow, guys, I just heard of an app that has the Overwatch comics on there exclusively. Instead of like in browser, these are animated and have sound effects / music.

Called MadeFire. The Overwatch comics are free.

Dunno if anyone else knew.

7. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I find it's a lot more enjoyable with friends, but I'm still playing a fair amount. Currently have 138 hours in QP and 26 hours in CP, so 164 hours total since release.

I think the longevity comes down to what you're trying to get out of it. Are you guys actively trying to get better and thus; have a reason to play more, or did you approach it in a more 'casual' 'play until im bored and move on' way?

8. Gengar

High Score:
    The only solo play i do is against AI in 1v5 custom, headshots only to improve my McCree, Zen, Hanzo, Widow.

I only ever play with friends otherwise.

9. Jon

Been doing that a lot lately, tbh.

Custom Game; Skirmish; Headshot only; vs 6 Ana's; as Mcree.

I play until 10 minutes or 100 headshots.

10. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Been avoiding Competitive mode due to just not really having the time for what I'd like to call a session of say 5+ games in one sitting so, been playing a fair bit of QM instead.

My W/L has dropped from 63% down to just above the 54% mark. It doesn't mean anything at all, but I've probably not had what felt like a 'close' game since Tuesday, just constantly getting ran over, kind of putting me off.

Not sure what it is, just feels like everybody on the other side's on the ball and we're all trying to play in treacle, kinda weird.

Starting to dislike D'Va too, playing against her every game now and the defence matrix might as well be permanent. Just feels like I can't do anything, then when I go Zarya to get rid of her they stuff a Mercy up her mechs butt.

Speaking of D'Va - Regarding her pistol, am I missing something? Every D'Va I play against feels like they have a machine gun, then when I try it out in the practice room I'm firing at maybe 1/3 the rate other players do, and I can't figure out why. I'm clicking as fast as I can but the shots feel... delayed is probably the right word.

I don't know, fuck D'Va I guess. Hanzo got kicked in the balls with the hitbox nerfs so I don't mind dying to a charged up body shot, I probably had it coming anyway but D'Va's starting to take his place. Kinda tilted after losing 6 straight games in a row against her,4 of them with a Mercy which apparently was covered in mirror's, given how everyone just ignored her all match long.

11. Jon

D.va's gun is automatic, just hold down left click.

12. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

You've gotta be fucking kidding me... That's her Pistol, right? The Mech's full-auto, even though it feels like firing spitballs when I play D'Va currently.

Just tried it in practice, jesus christ I'm retarded.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  13. atlas_hugged

atlas_hugged Fourth Year

High Score:
    I've been playing a ton of symmetra lately, on all game modes and both attack/defense. She's way better at attack and KotH than I originally thought. Her turrets don't do much on attack, but you should have a high teleport uptime anyways, and a good teleporter spot can really help capture that point more than maybe any other ult in the game.

Then you get into situations where you've got a fully charged beam after killing a D.Va, and 3 more squishy guys who don't know you're there. It's great.

The only problem I have with it is Roadhog. That guy ruins my day. He can outheal your damage, and kills you easily if he has any aim at all.

14. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Just dropping by to link this for all your salt mining.

15. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It does surprisingly good damage too. Those little plonks while you're trying to catch her hurt like a bitch.

16. Cteatus

Cteatus Seventh Year

And they recharge her mech so goddamn quickly.

Letting her escape after killing her mech is a giant pain in the ass.

17. Razza2k

Razza2k Squib

High Score:
    Exactly what i did with the game, played it alot for a few weeks and then just got really bored. Its a shame because it is a high quality game.

18. Cloaked

Cloaked Squib

I had the same experience when I played. It's mostly only fun when playing with friends. It's fun now and again to play one or two games when I have the time though.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    Got Tracer track and field skin...

I'm gonna lose my mind if I can't get the other one before the event ends...

20. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

It might just be me, but I feel like all the skins they released are just awful. Like, really bad. They just seem too goofy.