1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Connectivity issues aren't exclusive to consoles. Try not to play on wifi, especially if you know it's not reliable. That's a dick move.

But yes. If someone leaves your team in comp on PC, the match continues even though you're a man down. You're given the option of leaving with no penalty and a loss (WHICH IS THE WORST PENALTY) or just continue on with 5.

2. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Read about the new skins, got a couple k coins in the bank, log in to get them and... my comp shits itself. Got 6 years out of a gaming laptop so I am very happy. On the plus side my current job is in the one town so I can go back to a desktop.

How much are the skins, 250/1000?

Sent from my galaxy tab... /cry

3. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Think you can only get the new Olympic skins and other stuff in the summer lootboxes, at least for now. Really hope you can unlock them via coins later on.

Really want the Mercy skin.

4. Krieger

Well that sucks as even if I bought a new comp tomorrow I have family and friends visiting my place over the next couple weeks for my old mans 60th so I'll get little game time in either way. :(

5. Gengar

High Score:
    You won't be able to buy them with credits ever as things stand, but they implied the skins will be back.

6. Krieger

So I lasted around 3 hours without a PC before I bought a second hand one for $300 AU off gumtree. Doesn't compare to the latest comps since it's running a 750ti, but compared to my old 560m I will feel like a god.

3 hours... /problems haha

7. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I've been playing Rocket League every day since last August. Stopped playing Overwatch after three weeks. This might just be what makes me log on once again.

8. atlas_hugged

atlas_hugged Fourth Year

High Score:
    Most of the skins are awful, the new main menu screen is uncanny and disturbing, and the skin delivery system is awful. I don't get how blizzard would think the players would embrace limited time crates full of items that can't be bought with credits. I'm not happy with this event.

Lucioball is pretty fun though.

EDIT: I do like the Genji skin. I'm mostly salty that given the quality of the skins, people won't be able to pick out the one or two they do like from the garbage they don't with credits. Just luck, money, or grinding.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  9. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

For all those reasons people are discussing about hating competitive... That's why I only play Quick Play.

Losing is still frustrating, especially when my team picks the worst comp possible (had a game yesterday that was me(reaper), Roadhog, Junkrat, Hanzo, Widomaker, and an Ana on support.

Three snipers and a Junkrat, who doesn't want to play in close range anyway. As defense on Gibralter.

All the enemy team had to do was kill me and the roadhog, then hide behind a reinhardt shield on the payload. They won almost without slowing down at all.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Tracer, Genji, Mercy and Lucio skins are great. Can't wait to use Sprinter/Track and Field Tracer non stop to rub it's exclusivity in people's faces XD

Still need to hurdle potg intro for Tracer for my collection...

11. M.L.

M.L. Groundskeeper

I got a special lucio skin first box I opened, 7 boxes later, I get the same skin. I almost cried.

12. Krieger

So no shit, Bastion in Lucioball today. Screenshot and reported but was funny. I'll upload in a bit. Is this common? Only like my third game of Lucioball.

Edit: Bastion that was fully capable of killing the enemy team. I felt bad so scored a couple own goals and let them win.

Edit2: So yeah, next game reinhardt, next game after that mccree. A shame because the couple games of all Lucio I did get were quite fun.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  13. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Played quite a bit of Lucioball and I never saw another hero other than Lucio in it, although I think there was this video with soldier in it online.

14. Blacktyler

Blacktyler Squib

High Score:
    Never really played rocket league but Lucioball seems pretty similar from what I've seen on streams. Oh well is might be worth playing a couple of games in between ranked matches for fun.

15. Krieger

Was only the two separate people over and over again, kept on reporting them and I don't know how it works but towards the end when I would report they were gone around 5 seconds later. Then I would run into them again a game or two after that. :/ Seems to be fine now.

I don't know if it's a glitch or hack, either way it's weak and hopefully results in permaban. If it's a glitch maybe not, but blizzard has banned before for knowingly exploiting glitches.

---------- Post automerged at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Some of these people though have some balls, because these aren't scrub accounts, 2 of the ones I've seen are people in the mid 200s. It must be a glitch and they are banking on that so they don't get permabanned. Still, they are doing it intentionally to fuck with everyone else so permaban is fair enough.

I've never played rocket league and I'm loving lucioball. When Lucio goes I might just have to finally buy it.

16. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

i really want to get this game, but the balance issues vs the pc counterpart is holding me back.

17. Krieger

What do you mean vs pc counterpart?

18. Gengar

High Score:
    Torb is different on console etc

19. Gengar

High Score:
    [​IMG]

Season ending on the 17th. If I stopped being lazy and actually got a group, 60 is easily attainable.

There being no difference between 65-80 is a bit shitty for pros. There probably isn't enough CP items to worry atm though, I've already seen golds in the wild.

20. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I guess I should make the push to get the last two points to get to 65. The leap in points between 50 and 65 is pretty crazy though.