1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Whiskey Time Travel by Private Jenkins - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by fash, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Mike Average

Mike Average Muggle

High Score:
    I might be biased. But I like this fic. And I like time travel stories. But I think it was great! Just not extremely. But it's about a time traveling Harry So, Yeah. It got me reading into another great unspeakable Harry fic by ENSIGN. But, Enough about that. It's time for the review. My favorite part was when Harry beat a couple death eaters while drunk.
    And when Harry said Nicholas was his Dad. Quality lowers from there being only 5 chapters. Plus chapter four being confusing and is one of the bad chapters in my opinion. There was good grammar. Some funny James and Sirius moments and Cool Harry. But being only 5 chapters. It leaves me there waiting impatiently for the next chapter. So. I rate it 4/10 until it gets better.

2. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, this updated and all we got was a "sorry I haven't written anything message".

I'm going to assume the story is dead.

3. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The author specifically said that "WTT isn't abandoned. No bullshit. I've written a good chunk of the story already, but unless you want me to just post the conclusion, you guys are gonna have to wait a bit longer.

Hopefully I can put some stuff out for you guys relatively soon, and I'm sorry this isn't the next chapter you were waiting for."

Emphasis is mine.

A non-update doesn't really merit discussion. That said, the story is now at risk of being deleted for violating ff.net policy.

4. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

The way you say this. Are you the author of this fic Yak?

5. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

Are you literally thirteen?

6. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Oops. Looking back at that my post really is stupid. This would be a time where I wish I could completely delete my own posts.

7. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

No, your shame must live forever!

8. Ravenlark

Ravenlark Squib

I find this to be rather amusing and somewhat clever. So many of the time travel stories have Harry moping eternally or trying to reform Dumbledore or Snape or even Lord Voldemort. Here he is just kicking ass. I know the author said it wasn't abandoned but it has been ages since it has been updated.

9. Pathtoreading

Pathtoreading Squib

High Score:
    While some others have disliked the whole 'Unspeakable Secret Agent' bit - I find it quite likely that a wizarding country as old as Britain would have a secret society dedicated to preserving the status quo and dealing with threats to all of Magic.
    In the same way as MI-5 and MI-6 are supposed to split their jurisdictions, I can also imagine that their hands are tied when operating on British soil...

That said, this fanfiction has continued to be a guilty pleasure read for me - one that I hope will update soon, but will gladly wait for.

10. Rising galium knight

Rising galium knight Squib

High Score:
    Harry is an alcoholic,a witty and sarcastic guy in this story. Him being a super secret, super elite field agent is a bit cliche. Though I gotta say I loved Nicholas Flamel being the head of Unspeakables. Very few fanfics showcase him as anything but the creator of philosopher stone and you guys have to admit his'Dragon' persona was certainly impressive.

11. Starheart

Starheart Squib

High Score:
    I actually rather liked this story and I hope the author posts soon. I like how Amelia Bones is portrayed and given the limelight in this; I always thought the Bones family were interesting and should have been included more in canon.

If the author has enough time to post another chapter, I hope it touches more on Harry and his interactions with the live Potters, James possibly meeting him and more time with him and Lily.

The humor sometimes got kind of repetitive and Harry seems a bit too much like a supergod at some points, but the story's interesting, so I'd probably rate it a 4/5 stars.

12. smaxxx

smaxxx Squib

I actually rather like this fic, but then again I think I'm easy to please. I think Amalia Bones as a character is pretty interesting when it's not used as the 'she becomes minister after Fudge is ousted'.

One of the things that I don't like is how Flamel reacts when he hears Voldemort has Horcruxes. Because if that's how he reacts he should also react like that in the Future since the Unspeakebles would probably have investigated how Voldemort came back to life after about 13 years.

4/5 for me so far

13. Cnr456

Cnr456 Squib

High Score:
    This story is only good if you're looking to read the specific cliche. Super Harry goes back in time, kicks ass and doesn't take names because he knows them all already. At the same time at least the author puts some effort into developing characters, in addition to the drama with the Potter family could be interesting. The fight scenes in this fic are my favorite part of it, they're simply engaging to read and put you in the moment. Hopefully not abandoned but not keeping my fingers crossed.

14. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

Whiskey Time Travel has been updated with a new chapter.

Story Stats
    Chapters: 1
    Words: 9,509
    Updated: 2019-12-16 03:23:35 UTC
    Published: 2015-05-07 13:24:00 UTC
    Previously updated: over 3 years ago
    New Summary:
    When Unspeakable Harry Potter wakes up in 1976, he determines he's either A: In the past. Or B: In a mental hospital. At least the firewhiskey still tastes the same. Waiting tables at the Three Broomsticks, drunken death eater bar fights, annoying an attractive but pushy auror, and avoiding his mother's crush on him is just another day in the life of Harry Potter, 1976

Brought to you by Scryer story thread updates.

15. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

The new chapter still kinda just hangs onto the bad shit from the old one.

The Soldier thing. Eyes of a soldier etc etc. I'm cool with the whole war motif bit tbh eyes of the soldier and whatnot sounds like it's from a trashy romance novel.

Harry talling up UFO training seems unprofessional. He is more akin to a CIA agent than a marine. He'd probably not talk about his training and how hard it was.

Also calling a killing curse an AK is pretty cliche.

Still, time travel is fun, unique execution and a vaguely interesting cast.

3/5

16. Xion

Story Stats
    Chapters: 2
    Words: 15,089
    Updated: 2019-12-17 22:05:55 UTC
    Previously updated: 2 days ago

17. Tomster10010

Tomster10010 Fourth Year

This is absolute garbage, but it's fun garbage. The rewrite is better than the original, but still needs a beta. 2.5/5

18. Xion

Story Stats
    Chapters: 3
    Words: 21,552
    Updated: 2020-02-08 16:47:25 UTC
    Previously updated: about 2 months ago

19. Xion

Story Stats
    Chapters: 4
    Words: 26,811
    Updated: 2020-03-28 06:25:56 UTC
    Previously updated: about 2 months ago

20. Xion

Story Stats
    Chapters: 5
    Words: 32,928
    Updated: 2020-06-27 04:49:52 UTC
    Previously updated: 3 months ago