1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Maybe when I'm not mobile posting.

---------- Post automerged at 23:57 ---------- Previous post was at 23:56 ----------

And maybe once you've given some content of your own.

I'm thinking at least five posts of obvious!town!mal quality.

2. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    A Witch that wants to replace out but has two people ahead of them in line.

A Witch that's deadly afraid of giving away their partners with spew.

A Witch that knows the person that's currently on the docket will probably claim gravedigger soon and the lynch will move elsewhere (because nks should resolve that for town)

A Witch whose partner is the apprentice!gravedigger, and wouldn't want to be forced by his town meta to also move the lynch elsewhere, and doesn't want to be forced to verify that claim.

A Witch whose team sees a perfect opportunity to claim the reigns on Day2 AND get a free demon for N1 to nullify the priest.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Interesting theories.

You and Newcomb may proceed to slapfight.

---------- Post automerged 10-03-2016 at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was 10-02-2016 at 23:59 ----------

Also this new IOS update makes phoneposting a HUGE chore because the screen no longer moves when the text I type goes past the edge.

4. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Hi Snowvon, the point here isn't Newcomb. The point here is the people that have visited the thread already and weren't paranoid. The vote was for getting some attention.

---------- Post automerged at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

Also to remind people that they need a vote down.

ASAP.

---------- Post automerged at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

Here are the other people's reactions, for posterity:
    Jan and Miner had been around earlier, but not since Newcomb's claim.

---------- Post automerged at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

On a different note:
    wow, bad touch.

Do scum always feel the need to bring up their "clever" nks? Are they afraid they won't get the wifom they want if they don't?

Jan, how can you simultaneously believe that TDS leeroy'd to just get out of the game BUT also believe that the scumteam felt the need to shoot around his protection? He's a new player that wouldn't know who to protect AND there's reason to believe that he wouldn't protect anybody because he thought he was done. Are you saying that you were shooting around Vira's protection last night?

---------- Post automerged at 00:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

Oh, do note the other paranoid possibility here is that TDS/Vira were both town. I'll leave what would make that likely as an exercise for the reader.

---------- Post automerged at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

Von, did you leave me in automerge hell? Can't we keep up some banter till somebody else arrives? I don't want to sleep just yet. I signed up intending to go hard Day1, only to get preempted by the leeroy.

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Vira spew thoughts:

Early response to Snow vote; kiiiiinda pings me as the kind of low-level distancing this pair would favor, but. Super thin.

Yeah, 0% chance the team is exactly Vira/tom/Miner. tom calling out his team like this is just... nope. tom w Miner v is kinda... ehh, yeah, that would be a really weird smear attempt. Pinning someone town to Vira's flip is not unreasonable as mafia there, but he couldn't really think that kind of a reach would stick?

Think it's annoyingly likely tom was actually onto something here.

This is The Post.

This felt like a bus even before it wasn't confirmed Vira was scum, now that she is, I'm dead certain she listed a partner here. I think it's probably just Miner, since it comes with the vote and there's no real reason in her wording here; from Vira's PoV Miner would probably "feel" more mafia since she already knows he is, which is where the vote comes from - bussing is emotionally about wanting to put yourself in a position of strength.

She also talks about Silp, Jan, and Kalas.

The Jan thing feels like just complete air; I think it makes Jan + town since that kind of nothing of a read isn't usually likely to come from w/w?

The Ax push is lazy and opportunistic; gun to my head she's just fishing for an easy target a la Ixta->Jan in WH13 and it's unaligned.

The Kalas comment seems a little like pre-bussing? Kinda like the positioning she did with Seratin in Hannibal mafia. Not strong, but definitely could be w/w.

From that post I want to kill Miner a lot more, Kalas a little more, Slip a little less, and Jan a little less.

Mrgle. OTOH this is a little bold if the world is exactly Vira/Kalas going for the mislynch on Slip.

^ talking to Slip; this doesn't feel like a post you make to a partner.

Vote: Miner

---------- Post automerged at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Mal, are you still here?

Talk to me about Silp/Kalas.

Agree not knowingly aligned?

If there's one between them, who ya got?

Possible v/v? If so why?

Just like. Analyze that whole ball of yarn.

---------- Post automerged at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

also now that I'm at a computer

[​IMG]

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Omw to a backery. national holidays can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

Mal is either insane or a witch.

Newcombsa spew work is .. not enough?
    I expected more of someone who got a confirmed witch during the night and had some time to process it.

---------- Post automerged at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

I didn't react when newcomb claimed because i was already in bed and there was no reason to.
    The alignments of the two people he claimed was mostly expected.

In part because Vira was mostly staying away from the thread during the koalas/slippery bitchfight, but was posting the "don't post" thing right when the leeroy happened.

Can just be a coincidence, but makes her look way worse. (technically not directly game related, but don't post if you don't want it used against you).

Newcombs spewreads look like something half assed to me.

In which world does Newcomb care that much about Vira possibly spewing Von?
    Newcombis full of himself and his capability to read exactly one person. Von.

Focusing your spewreads on the possibility that Von might be confirmed town looks like a waste of his time, when he could get reads on a shitton of other people that he has more trouble reading.

The gravedigger info is the first info the goes out when the night begins and he did have 2 days more than anyone else to prep for this moment.

Next up :
    The tom read. toms post is exactly how i would distance from a partner. You find something to push on them that is very situational and maybe you can align a scum and a town with it (makes the town townread your partner most of the time ).

Third step a flashcback to newcombs catch-up post.
    Look at his posts itself to see what he is quoting. More or less at the start of the post.

In your spew post you make the von read, but you don't read the interactions between vira and myself?
    You read them as thin unaligned before. Now you read Von as thin spewed town.

Why did you not bring the interaction between vira and myself up?
    You had a read on it before so you can't have missed it.

More thoughts later .. will hipfire against mal next before I forget it. Buy day ...

---------- Post automerged at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

Not the case.

Not that guy.

Possible, in that world Newcomb is always with tds.

Makes no sense after Newcombs claim.

Possible .. again Newcomb would be likely scum in that world.

That is a Stupid thought process.
    If TDS becomes an angel, then he is most likely protecting some obvious town, because he isn't paying that much attention to the game and doesn't have anyone to hold his hand.
    If he was paying more attention, then he might have a priestread and save them, in which case you can't go with the theory of a hardread town got saved.

There is also a world where Newcomb is apprentice to the judge and his parter vira was gravedigger.
    In that world he has trouble staying alive anyway (and crafting flips without knowing which roles are left in the game).
    There are a lot of worlds .. your job is not creating worlds, but finding out out which one is real and which one is just the voices in your head.

And yes they might both be town, in which case newcomb is scum.
    If you want to believe in that world .. look for his partners. (should not be that hard to do).

7. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Getting ready for work, but when you say Mal, is that thee Mal I know or not? Jan

8. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I am going to comment from the yesterday nights starting point as I read through until I get to the current. TDS as a witch like never blows up Vira when he is under no strong pressure of dying at EOD combined with several people being suspicious of Vira.

And I get to Koalas's post and we already disagree which shouldn't surprise me but still some how managed to do so. TDS was asking questions about terminology and asking people to explain a multitude of terms so everyone knows he is new to the game.

So why would he not use that new player niche if he is a witch to first declare someone else is a witch to him and blow them up. It still ends the day in Koalas's conjecture while removing someone harder to get eliminated at End of Day.

It felt like it was impulsive and rash decision from him that I was certainly surprised by at least. I am talking about how it felt to me at least

Jan Hi I was asleep from like a little bit after 8 pm until 1 am my time.It's my new sleep schedule my body has picked to just shut down at. What did you get up to this weekend ?

owner Hello there. Why are you dancing with Jan and why does it have to be the tango and not all the other dances you could pick?

Koalas Did you rest up over the weekend ? Its a brand new day cycle so I am going to reconsider the game and your position in it. I hope that you will do the same for me.

Snowvon Are you still birthing wyrm childlings ? owner is asking jan if you town side as a witch but I think you are lazy as all the alignments and its less effort to call people that alignment than the other. I will never reveal your secret to the world though

Ok I am done with page 19 and pasting this now. What wonders await me on Page 20 or perhaps horrors? Well I will see right after I get a drink and soon will see.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

No, it is short for mallorean_thug.

subbed into this game for kaidash.

---------- Post automerged at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

not a lot.
    Meeting up with friends.
    Watching the full season of luke cage.

10. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Did you get more out of it than I did? She had like a dozen posts, and the one voting Miner was the only one that felt like it was actually meaningful.

I'll admit I didn't go into quite as much detail as maybe I could have - I was pretty focused on getting the hydra game 2 on MU up and running last night since it starts today - but I think I covered essentially everything I wanted to cover when I read her posts over the weekend.

What's your read on Von, independent of any Vira associations?

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

very likely town.

12. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I should stuck have with my plan to comment as I read but I got excited by the claim on page 20. Also mechanics talk shouldn't be commented on unless you are going to argue a technical point about it or you are feeling chatty I guess. This is me saying I went ahead and caught up with the thread.
    mallorean_thug Are you perhaps a reader of the sadly deceased David Eddings ? I want you to explain a little better some of your theories. Is it theories or conjectures as the better fitting term. ?
    Newcomb Why did you claim so early when you could have gotten people to comment more about TDS and perhaps Vira ? Wouldn't you waiting longer have gotten you more useful information ?
    MINEr How are you? What do you think about the game now ? Are the snacks in the Witch Lounge Bat Eyes and Wings of Newt ?
    Jan I watched the first two episodes of Bull, the first two episode of the new McGyver and season one of NCIS New Orleans and the first two of season two over the weekend. I also have no headache so far today. What conjectures do you feel the most comfortable with ?

---------- Post automerged at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

I know I put blank spaces into that. Where did they go ? Why!!! it hurts my eyes ...

13. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Yes.

No, please give more of your opinions and put down a vote first.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Unsure.

TDS is almost always town with that move.
    Mal trying to paint possible witch tds worlds is odd, most of the do not make a lot of sense to me.

The next question is can we trust Newcomb and does it matter because he might tell the truth as either alignment.

My biggest problem with Newcomb is that he normally can't do as much work during the week, as he said during day1.
    Day 1 ended early which lead to the moment where he can actually do work being during n1.
    Normally the gravedigger gets the result early n1 (first thing that happens when the night starts, even before the mod asks for kills etc)
    This is important because angels and demons know identies of the people dying at daytime as well because they watch that stuff happen and might change their actions accordingly.

Soo .. I have to assume Newcomb got that information and had a whole weekend to not only spewread vire, but also look how other people behave towards her.

Look at how he might his catch-up post on day 1.
    That was something he did on a day where he wanted to catch up and didn't have a lot of time.
    Imagine what he could do during a 2 day nightphase of he wanted to.

This together with more half assed results than i expected make me feel a bit iffy about him.

Still gathering informations .. for now i think the information Newcomb claimed is likely real, because it fits with my thoughts on the game.
    His alignment and motivations stay uncertain for now.

15. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    I had a couple other things to possibly say to Jan, but I think they mostly come down to:

1. If Jan is scum, Newcomb is telling the truth, regardless of alignment. Partially because:
    2. Jan is currently heavily suggesting a world where Newcomb is scum but telling the truth. Or at least wasting a lot of words to imply that.
    3. Jan is doing the non-alignment indicative thing where he calls somebody bad or scum. He should stop that, its very unpleasant.

In general, I think the difference between Jan's scum play and his town play is that both are overly sure about certain things and very quick to accuse others of bad plays, but Jan's town game is very coherent, while Jan's scumgame is very opportunistic. That is, you can usually figure out Jan's entire readslist from his posts when he's town, and he's very stubborn to change it at all. While scum!Jan just takes potshots at everything, hoping something will stick, often in a way that makes no sense if you ask him about his current scumteam theories.

So Jan , what is your current scumteam theory? Does it match with your current activity in the game?

---------- Post automerged at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Oh, Jan ninja'd me

Hi, how do Newcomb's results differ from your own in depth analysis of Vira?

You keep comparing what he did to some theoretical version of what he could do. But is there even more there for him to analyze?

This attack seems very half-assed.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I have not done an indepth analysis of vira yet. Might do later, but I didn't have the spare time till now.

The point is that my expectation of excited town newcomb getting a confirmed scum and being able to get good information from that (with a whole weekend of time to read the whole thread) clash with what we got.

I will most likely do my own investigation later, you 'll have to wait for that if you want results.

But on another note ..

You want real votes, you are voting newcomb right now, what are your thoughts on the situation?
    What information did you get during the night/when catching up?
    I assume you did that already.

Any special d1 reads that you liked or disliked a lot?

---------- Post automerged at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

On the other note.

I don't have a full scumteam yet. Gave a readslist d1 .. go with that for now if you will.

Haven't had the time go through the full game.

Hydragame starting today and the longest mafia game has day ending in a day or two.
    Will have to split my attention for a little while.

Will most likely look at vira stuff after dinner.

---------- Post automerged at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

Decided against it did a fast scim of vira.

Newcomb should have more of an opinion on both me and owner from those interactions.

Interesting enough owner was his toptown yesterday in part because of her thoughts on vira, but today he forgot all about it.
    Those are things i dislike.

On the other hand .. make the next step .. if you are sure miner is scum with vira .. just look at his interactions.

By the way mal, if that is actually your way of trying to read me (which i don't think it is) then you should not post it, because if i was scum i might actually care and adjust unless you already have a read, but then there was no need to talk to me about the state of the game, no?

---------- Post automerged at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Dead game ...

Typhon
    or Fonphon (Fonton maybe) .. or Typhisian ..
    Whatever you prefer ..

How are you?
    Are you useful?
    Are you town?

Don't tell me the first game fonti ever subbed out of was a scum game.
    I am fairly certain her subbing out had nothing to with her alignment, but that would be boring .. and give me amunition to make fun of her for a while.

Some do something ... like dance or push a fun world.

If the world is Vira/miner/x then the game is mostly boring because the x is almost never within
    Snowvon, Owner, Newcomb, tom & myself.

I could make weak towncases for both Koalas and Slippery in that world.

Which leaves what?
    Fontophon and Kai_thug as possible partners.

Common .. games are rarely that easy.

The Town!Vira worlds on the other hand would be so got damn open.

Newcomb would be conf!scum, which makes miner town.
    and basically noone gets cleared for good reasons beyond that.

I think Vira was likely scum .. but I am not sold yet.

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

1) I won't be around much tomorrow, and probably won't be around much for the rest of the day, so this is just me checking in.

2) My username is miner11121. Don't misping

3) Since it appears as though half the town wishes to lynch me, and I won't be around tomorrow...

I am the Town Inquisitor. Last night, I checked Jan, who was not holy.

(In case I get hardlynched from now until I get back)

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Good job in making the priest hunt easier for scum.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

Well, not really, since you seem to be scum :)

20. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    miner11121 Hey, don't go so quickly.

1. Put down a vote
    2. Do you believe Newcomb?
    3. What do you think Jan, Slip, and Koalas?