1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

But while at it ..

Miner why did you check me?
    What was your thought behind it?

---------- Post automerged at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

Fun times.

Considering the way you talked to me up until now ..

Why do you think i am likely scum?
    When did the thought first occur to you?

Let's play a bit in the dirt!

2. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Oh two meta statements I'd like to throw out there without citing evidence.

Tom's approach to Vira this game vaguely reminds me of his approach to Ghosting in the cross-community game where I was scum with both of them.

Jan's approach to miner this game vaguely reminds me of his approach to me when we were both witches in the disaster known as WH14 over on fs.com.

Obviously both of those things can't be true. Does anybody else not named above feel one of those over the other? Or perhaps both are bunk?

I really will get to analyzing things and not just stirring the pot later toDay, but while I'm not tied down to Day1 opinions, I'm going to Make Town Great Again.

Oh right, screw you guys for not voting.

Day2 Vote Tom

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Mal do you mind explaining why you think my approach to miner is similar to you in said game?

The way you are phrasing it is leaving you any out you might need ever.

What do you think about miner claiming to have checked me last night?
    Still likely partners to you?
    Talk me through it.

---------- Post automerged at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:07 ----------

Day2 vote mallorean_thug

here a vote to make you happy.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

1. VOTE: Jan

2. Yes. If he was really scum, then apprentice should claim. And if it so happens that apprentice was the role swapped out, then GG. Honestly, ever since Newcomb first posted reads, he seems exactly like town!Newcomb.

Also, yes, I realize he wants to lynch me. I'm okay with that, which is why I put my info out for Jan.

3. Voted Jan. Who is Slip?

Jan

I don't like you implying, but not explicitly with Newcomb, which I'm pretty sure mal said as well. Like, if you're really gonna call him out and say he false-claimed, then do it. Saying stuff like "He should have more on x" is not what I think a town player would say.

Granted, my meta on Newcomb is hella inexperienced.

It's also interesting to me that you mention the times I talked to you before. FMPOV, as a town member, I tried to convince you that I was town, but you refused to listen. Now that I've given up on that approach and called you scum, you suddenly decide to bring that up?

I checked you because a) you seemed the townier between you and tom, and obviously I would check someone who pushed on me d1 for no reason. (I didn't check snow because I pretty much expected him not to be priest. He seems way too lazy for that atm.) and b) fonti was replaced out. :)

5. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    ?????

Elaborate.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Let's start this slow ..

The worlds where Newcomb is fake are small, but that does not make him town.

I am pushing on him to get answers to my questions.
    He can go either way at this point, i am disappointed in his legwork and curious to see what comes next.
    Easy as that.

Why do you think tom and myself had no reason to push on you?
    We used words, some of them great.
    Why do you think the way we pushed on you was more likely from scum trying to misslynch you and not from town trying to find out your alignment?

Why is it obvious to you to check someone who pushed on you?
    What info did you hope you could get from the check to help you find out my alignment?
    What do you think of the word OBSOLETE?

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

I think that I speak for a solid amount of people that if Newcomb is scum we should know about it right now.

---------- Post automerged at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

You ask a lot of questions.

It's obvious to check someone who pushed on me because they have the possibility of being scum pushing a mislynch.
    I didn't have the idea that your push was scum trying to push a ml. Pretty sure you brought up that possibility yourself. But, in any case, I didn't have priest reads d1, so there was no reason for me to try and find the priest (or acolyte). Better to make sure I don't accidentally start or jump on a wagon against the priest.
    If you were holy, I would've deferred to your judgement this day cycle.
    Since you're not, I question why you, tom, von, and Vira all pushed on me d1. FMPOV, there's a scumteam there.

*Shrug* I'm still somewhat new, and definitely new to this gamemode, so maybe my way of thinking is wrong, but that's the way I see it.

8. Story Content: Vote Count 2.1
    Citrus

Citrus First Year

Vote Count 2.1

Official Vote Count 2.1
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Miner (1): Newcomb (#425)
    Tom (1): KaiMallorean (#442)
    KaiMallorean (1): Jan (#443)
    Jan (1): Miner (#444)

Not Voting (6): FonTyphon, Koalas, Owner, SlipperyAxII, Tom, Snowvon

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to soft lynch (when day ends, such a player will be lynched).
    With 13 alive, it takes 2/3 * 10 rounded up = 7 to hard lynch (day immediately ends with the lynch).

Without a hard lynch, Day 2 ends in 51 hours

9. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I am checking in briefly to see people role claiming already. Oh Joy that's so much fun. : sarcasm voice on high : I thought we are at least going to get another day cycle where Witches actively have to hunt for the priest without narrowing that suspect pool down even more .

Chart of Medoicre Chartness
    TallDarkStranger - Citizen ? - Loose Cannon - Dead Day One - Blew Up to Destroy Vira
    Vira - Witch ? - Gravedigger - Dead Day One - Loose Cannon Kill
    Waco - Citizen - Unknown - Dead Night One - Witch Kill
    Newcomb - Citizen ? - Apprentice Gravedigger - Living - Claimed Day Two
    miner11121 - Witch ? - Inquisitor - Living - Claimed Day Two

The question marks indicate uncertain information. TallDarkStranger and Vira are never aligned because in that case he blows up someone else if he is a Witch.

owner Why do you keep defaulting to jan to ask questions about other people's behaviors ? It is a little bit unusual at least to me .

miner11121 Why is your default assumption that jan is a witch after your check ? You should make a case against him by looking at the thread and linking examples that make him a witch.

Snowvon I have decided to help owner keep her post count above yours to show I am not entirely selfish this game. Also who do you think are the remaining witches ? I know you value your laziness but think of owner beating you in post count to fuel you up.

Word of the Day is Default

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Says the guy that claimed priest d1 in our last game. ;)

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Hi. I'm back in the world.

---------- Post automerged at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

Thug seems weird.

---------- Post automerged at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

Pretty sure I still want to lynch miner.
    Might have to read the op to see if thsee claims make sense.
    I have basically no idea what the setup is (not trying to derpclear, I wouldn't know as scum either)

---------- Post automerged at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

Ok. Ima drive home now and take a long overdue shower.
    See yall in a couple hours.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Regarding the first part :
    You should rather explain your thought process why Newcomb is town if he is the apprentice?
    The role is not alignmend indicative, why can't he make that claim as scum?

You saying he is confirmed town if not counterclaimed is a questionable mindset.

You should also explain why Newcomb was town!Newcomb when he posted his reads the first time and where the difference between town!Newcomb and scum!Newcomb is in your opinion and why you are that sure about him being the town variant.

You managed to pick the one part about your statement that was obvious and ignore the rest. Respect.

Coming back to your check.

You are saying that you checked me ebcause between tom and myself i was the more towny at the time.
    And now you are saying that part of the reason you checked me is because you didn't want to accidentally try to join a wagon on the priest.
    But if that was the case wouldn't you have checked tom, because you thought he had a higher chance of being scum and therefor you were more likely to push on him/lynch him today?

Oh and just for me ..

If you didn't think I was scum trying to push a misslynch on you, but you thought that I might be scum now .. what the heck changed?

Your thoughts only make limited sense to me.
    The one thing that is somewhat unlikely to come from scum is you mentioning the acolyte, because that role is not in the game.
    You are likely to know more about your role/the game if you were in scumchat and you would know about it.

But wow .. get your facts straight.

Going back to - MAL :
    Why do/did you think miner and I might be aligned in a way similar to the witchhunt we rolled scum together on fs.com?
    Please don't stray away from examples.

The way you were trying to put tom and me in your scum circle with vague accusations rubbed me the wrong way and I would love to see a few more words about it, to determine your motivation.

13. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yo, I exist.

Sorry about my absence so far, thought I'd catch up on Sunday, but it got away from me and Monday is a busy day for me. Done with it now, though, so I'm reading the thread and taking notes, and I'll do a readwall for a jumping off point into the thread after that.

14. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Jan actually wanted to slow dance it sounded like today. Is it wrong if I want to dance with my friend? I guess I said tango for the reason to talk back and forth rapidly seeing if I can trust such a man or not.

Jan might be someone who I can read. It is a work in progress. And it does work sometimes, though Jan is aware of what that possible tell is, which means he could possibly be faking it. There are DM games where I just watch the game and try to figure out Jan's alignment. Like if I can pick out what Jan's alignment is, it kind of makes me happy.

TL;DR Owner has a soft spot for Jan.

Curiously, why do each of the words of the day refer to me? First, it was you wanted me to be a witch. Second, it was as you say here.

Sure, it scares the crap out of me that neither you nor I died, as Jan would be a person to keep us alive. Also, Snowvon not dying also is kind of scary as I assumed that would be the perfect frame job, going off of Jan wanting to kill Snowvon from before the reroll.

But I guess for now I don't want to live in any WIFOM worlds if I don't have to.

---------- Post automerged at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Dream ruined. :(

I thought about watching Luke Cage sometime. I guess if you guys watched whole season already then it's plenty good.

---------- Post automerged at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

I find it funny how you are keeping up with Kaidesh's intro spiel.

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Well .. I am good at watching a whole season of netflix marvel shows to dodge doing things like meeting my family.

But this one is mostly very good. Some episodes dragged a little bit on .. but that was in part because i was very tired at the time, i think.

I loved most of the music and the way they set it up is brilliant and fun.
    Fighting/action, not as good as in the other shows, but that is mostly because that guy has a very boring special power.

16. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I've been trying to keep up with the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episodes. Luke Cage was in some of episodes so I know a little bit about him. So I'll probably end up watching it at some point, but lately I've been more or less binge watching Continuum.

---------- Post automerged at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

That's a lot of different scenarios, which one do you think is the most believable?

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Continuum was good early on .. stopped watching season 3? 4? not sure.

Agents of shield has its ups a downs .. not sure when or where luke cage appears in there tbh.

My advice to you would be 13 episodes of jessica jones s1 and 13 hours of daredevil s1.
    those shows are streets ahead of all other shows of that genre.

18. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    How do you know if they were paranoid or not?

As for explaining your vote, you should have probably have held that for longer, if that was truly your purpose.

---------- Post automerged at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Continuum, I'm already a good ways into Season 3. I might actually be nearing Season 4 soon. (not sure) I haven't touched Daredevil yet. We had a Jessica Jones themed mafia game on PerC; I think I binged watched most of the show for that game. Agents of Shield, I can agree with you, but I'm still kind of following it when I can.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Let me know when you are up to date owner. I will try to stay for a while longer (so we can do the thing when you are done)

Curious to hear your take on things etc ..

20. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    What do you mean by up to date? You mean with the thread?

If you mean the thread, I was skimming it on and off during work. I have multiple worlds going on in my head. But I don't want to be paranoid if I don't have to be. I guess I'm trying to figure out who are the town are and push against whoever isn't in that town list.

Newcomb's claim is believable to a point, but it is hardly confirmable. But overall, I think Newcomb's claim is likely to be resolved one way or another in the night.

Miner's claim feels a bit too soon for me. As a town, he has nothing worth sharing imo. As a witch, yeah sure it will buy some pause on him, but overall, I don't know if it would save him or not. Sure, I did say yesterday that I saw a possible world with you and him maybe being witches together, but I don't know. He could also be under the impression that the claim would save him. But he only has 1 vote on him, and we still have a lot time before this day ends. He could have claimed as either alignment after looking at the mechanics discussion, but yeah, I'm playing the worlds back and forth. Your guess is as good as mine.

I guess I'm behind on reading everything in depth. And I want to read the thread again with those 2 claims in mind.