1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Yeah you might beat me to it owner.

The hydra game started today .. which means I have 3 games to be useless in and insult people for no good reason.

Will give you my remaining witches/worlds thing later.
    Got a friend visiting for half an hour or maybe more. No big posts until then.

---------- Post automerged at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

If you were a yogurt which kind of yogurt would you be and why?

2. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    owner You are amusing so I will tell you Prophylaxis was in Witch Hunt 6 but still could be an alien I guess.

Jan and I would kill each other night one for the game reasons he stated so either of us dying at that point isn't a solid alignment indicator. We are just unlikely to kill each other at that point for any other reason.

What do you think of Koalas this game ?

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I would be euro tart froyo with toppings including chunks of cheesecake, Cap'n crunch, peanut butter sauce, and a smattering of raspberries.

---------- Post automerged at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Might go get froyo.

---------- Post automerged at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

I don't have a why. That's just what I would get.
    It would be bomb.

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Is it because no sane person would eat you and you could live a longer live in peace?

I can see most parts of it .. peanutbutter not so much.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Hey koalas.
    Why were you so sure newcomb was town here?
    You had basically only acknowledged his existence to this point.

---------- Post automerged at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

Oh, and peanut butter goes with anything.

6. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    Peanut butter does not go with tuna! Never try it. Never let your friends try it. Maybe people you hate can try it but you have to hate them a lot.

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Oookk..

I think most of this i said before but since i got asked.

Witch team possibilites :

Starting positions :
    Vira / x / x
    Newcomb / x / x

Vira / x / x :

People that are very likely town if Vira was mafia :
    Owner
    Slippery
    Snowvon

maybe Tom .. I just want tom to be town, i think. He is not in the Vira/Miner world that is for sure.

Vira / Miner / x

that is the world that Newcomb pushes. I can see why he thinks that. I personally think miner had several towny reactions and said several things that he would be unlikely to think of in a witch coven.
    Mentioning the acolyte today in a wierd way was another one of those things.

I disliked a lot of his plays esp on day 1 because he was blatantly copying behavior of other people in games he has played before.
    I mentioned the yogs copy, but there was someone else that I only realized later.

And for a guy trying to evolve and playing the game he did not play a lot on d1.

The other 3 people worth talking about in that world are :

Mal
    Typhon
    Koalas

Mal/Typhon basically no content on d1 to read them on (subs and all that) .. could be with Vira and/or Miner.

Koalas - Not as likely because scum most of the time want a bit of distance between them, esp early on.
    They are more likely to hop on a towns scumread and piggyback that than trying to dunk on a town together.
    Vira piggybacked hard on koalas scumread on slippery d1.

That is not something to clear Koalas for all eternity, but I think it is more likely for scum!Vira to jump on a wagon let by town.

Those are basically the Vira / Miner / x worlds. Fairly simple.

Vira / x / x (miner is town) :
    In that world tom looks worse for binding vira (scum) with miner (town) at the hip on d1.
    Most other reads still stand, because I don't see those people with vira.

The one person to add here is Newcomb.
    Vira / Newcomb / X would be a possible world in which Newcomb was bussing Vira to distance and now realclaimed, because either those roles are real or he was apprentice to judge and just knew viras role or they gave away apprentice and therefor he still ahs a claim.

That world is small because Newcomb has to get a lot of misslynches through and be very careful about his claims. (he only has 1 partner left alive etc).
    Newcombs attack on vira was good and hard .. which makes the world very unlikely.

Newcomb / x / x.

In this world miner is town because Newcomb is trying to force a lynch on miner because of something vira said (with vira as town that would be made up etc).

I still want to stick with my Snowvon townread.
    Snowvon is being a lazy bitch which makes it harder to read him, but i got d1 townvibes from him.

That world is vastly unexplored.
    With no confirmed scum there are not a lot of people to spewread, therefore I would need to actually spewread Newcomb, which is harder, but ..
    one of the people he is trying to protect with Vira spew would be very very likely to be scum.
    Newcomb / Tom? maybe?

I would need to invest quite a long time rereading for specifics to make good teams in that world.
    It can still be one of the subs, but there is never information on them .. so that doesn't matter.

Still never Koalas and Slippery, that doesn't change.
    I don't think think Owner / tom are on a team, but that is more gutread about the way they talked d1 and now.

So the left over people are similar just a few more if Newcomb is scum.

I do not like Mal this game that much I know.

I am still waiting on more information on why me and tom are scummy .. he made that throwaway early gut comment .. and never went into detail etc.
    It felt like he wanted to keep the lynchpool larger and not confirm/townread people.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Typhon, are you channeling Sir Chris on purpose?

(fluff post; real post coming Later)

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Finally ..

The Von has returned to Witchhunt.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Eventually.

Academic life is hard, man.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

You are an excuse ridden man.

Bring some fire or I might try to get the band to vote you out of this town.

12. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Okay, we're less than 24 hours until deadline. Voting, wagons, do the thing.

@Tyhpon - Snowvon is not happening toDay barring him spontaneously melting down in the thread. What else you got?
    owner - commit to something
    Koalas - reads list?
    Jan - Walk me through why the Miner/Acolyte thing is towny. Because to me it seems way more like dC not knowing there wasn't a Bomber in WH13 - i.e. alignment agnostic. Acolyte wasn't a role scum got dealt / Acolyte wasn't his personal role - in both situations he could make that mistake.
    tom - never stop being you

@SlipperyAxe - reads list?
    mallorean_thug - from where I'm sitting, you showed up, doubtcast a bunch of people, bitched about people not voting, threw down some meta shade at tom and Jan, then peaced the f out. So like. You're currently voting tom. Do you see that lynch happening toDay? Are you going to try to get anyone to vote with you? Because that meta case is doing nothing for me. Who are you going to vote for if you can't get tom?
    MINEr - reads list? I know you think Jan is scum, in that world it's Jan/Vira/X. Who could the third be? Who could the third NOT be? Why?
    Snowvon - Vote Miner with me.

---------- Post automerged at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Mother fucking piece of shit formatting

---------- Post automerged at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Tyhpon - Snowvon is not happening toDay barring him spontaneously melting down in the thread. What else you got?

owner - commit to something

Koalas - reads list?

Jan - Walk me through why the Miner/Acolyte thing is towny. Because to me it seems way more like dC not knowing there wasn't a Bomber in WH13 - i.e. alignment agnostic. Acolyte wasn't a role scum got dealt / Acolyte wasn't his personal role - in both situations he could make that mistake.

tom - never stop being you

SlipperyAxe - reads list?

Mal - from where I'm sitting, you showed up, doubtcast a bunch of people, bitched about people not voting, threw down some meta shade at tom and Jan, then peaced the f out. So like. You're currently voting tom. Do you see that lynch happening toDay? Are you going to try to get anyone to vote with you? Because that meta case is doing nothing for me. Who are you going to vote for if you can't get tom?

Miner - reads list? I know you think Jan is scum, in that world it's Jan/Vira/X. Who could the third be? Who could the third NOT be? Why?

Snowvon - Vote Miner with me.

---------- Post automerged at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

I'd like everyone's next post to be a vote followed by three sentences or less on "why this person is mafia."

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I think that scum are likely to talk about their roles in witchchat and therefore he would know what his role exactly does.
    They would talk about him checking a person that is likely holy to find out who the priest is .. i think the thought of aco in the game does not work with it.

14. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Caught up meow. Mentions in order.

Slips 428

This had already been answered at the time but given your post I take it you hadn't reached it yet. New's info reveal certainly put you in a different light.

Newcomb's 483

You were very off base here and I'm not sure where the confusion came in. I was saying we were town leaning on Snow for the same reasons but that the 'Confirmed'/RVS portion of my post was making you leary of me.

Tom's 487

I.. wasn't? This was part of the TDS discussion. I was merely commenting that, given New's posts at the time, him having more time to post made Vira a more likely lynch.

Slips's 509

Assuming this was directed at me. Getting swamped at school, reading thread while I can. I do find it curious that you're willing to vote me on an associative read but not yesterDay.

Town lean but I'll get into that below.
    Tom's 520

Does 'Proph Mentor QT' mean anything to you?

Tom's 525

Answered above.

To expand on my 510 I believe Newcomb's information. The information fits in terms of play and with how it was revealed. To me the only scenario he's lying is one where its to hard clear another player, in which case the scum team is Newcomb/Slip/X, I'm always seeing those two as a package deal in a scum world. Newcomb's towniness is also believable based on the timing, as scum he could easily have withheld the information for a Day and been completely believable in doing so.

Slip is still doing things that ping me but less so then the +town from the Vira placement so I'm.. alright on him. For now.

Von hasn't hit maximum rainbows yet but he isn't anti-Von either so town pass continues.

Owner I'm not feeling better on but I need to dig through the stupid Jan interaction before I can make a better statement.

Tyfont is still null.

Jan and Tom need more of a read before they go one way or the other from the Null pool.

Mall made me see red in the span of one post so that might be a new record. 416 just made me go 'No.'

Vote: KaiMallorean

---------- Post automerged at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

That formatting :/

---------- Post automerged at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

And colors. The hell open office

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Deal.
    /ten.

---------- Post automerged at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------
    Koalas
    That statement was about scum motivation for TDS ending the day early, and your reasoning was about letting newcomb post.
    It makes zero sense if newcomb might be scum.

Yes?

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yeah, this (RL) day has not be kind to me, and tomorrow won't be much better (I'll be around an hour or 2 before EoD, though).

Snow isn't happening today, that's valid and fine. I can poke him with a stick D3 if we're both still here.

I don't really want to lynch miner, straight up. I'm a little hesitant about saying that full stop, because the last game I played in I fucked up this same thing - thought I was looking at flailing town right up until he literally scum claimed in thread. Some of you were in it and know my shame. There were some signs I might've been wrong there, though, and I don't think they exist in the same way here. Will accept sanity checks in the from of structured cases from non-Newcomb players.

I am happy to lynch owner. Tom is my top town read and he also expressed potential interest in lynching owner. Is this a thing that we can make happen?

Vote: Owner

17. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not really? I saw the Vira lynch as very likely given New's focus (that was the purpose of mentioning him) so TDS suiciding to make it so just didn't make sense to me from any perspective. In town world all you've done is eliminate yourself for something that was going to happen anyway. In a scum world you at least get to eliminate a lot of D1 analysis and potentially set up some crazy wifom.

That post was about tinfoiling reasons for what I saw as a very bad play as it had to have some reasoning behind it (this was before TDS RL was pointed out to me).

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yeah ok.

I'm still sticking with NKA there, but that doesn't make you any more likely to be scum.

Carry on.

---------- Post automerged at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

19. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I choose to accept this as a yes. Newcomb, Kalas, how do you feel about this?

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Chances of Newcomb wanting to lynch owner after calling her one of his toptowns for a day or two?
    Close to 0.