1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay, I'm finally sitting down to catch up.

If I give another excuse, please Leeroy me. ;)

---------- Post automerged at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

Also I decided I really liked Newcomb's image, so new avatar again.

2. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I might have skimmed that game; the name sounded familiar. (Jan has invited me to play in the past.)

Knowing that you guys would kill each other makes me a little paranoid about yourself.

I think I'm having personality clashes with Koalas and Tom or maybe one or both of them is a witch.

Overall, Koalas is a straight up null for me. I need to see into his brain a bit better. Right now, our reads are different. But maybe he knows you better than I do. Or maybe that hard personality is just a front. I guess I want the game to be easy. But the game is never easy cause I'm always paranoid about stuff.

3. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

He called owner town, but not town with a case, just town on feeling. Which is whatever, but doesn't indicate he's unwilling to listen to a case.

How about you? Or Snow? How to you guys feel about an owner lynch?

4. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    What reasons do you have to lynch me aside from what Tom and Koalas have said about me?

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Or Kalas? Kalas was here earlier, what do you think?

6. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Day2 unvote Typhon
    vote miner

---------- Post automerged at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

It is sort of bad form to lynch someone just after they replace in. I'm still going to be watching Typhon, but there's a fair amount of things that doesn't sit right with me about miner.

7. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    He's been in for an entire phase. Would you advocate no-lynching on Day 1? Would you also veto a lynch on me?

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I kinda like this thug, and yet am concerned I haven't seen it before.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I dislike this thug ignoring all the questions asked and just jumping in to say something general, mostly mechanical.

I agree that owner switching to miner is odd.

Being fairly certain miner is town and now you switch on him when the pressure gets on you?
    Explain your scumread a bit owner, thank you.

10. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Wow, jumping to assumptions. I'm playing more before sleeping.

Here's something mechanical to tide you over while you wait. We should have two wagons heading into EoD. Clearly one of them /will/ be miner. Who should the other one be?

11. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Points against Miner
    • 1. Here, he is mimicking my style to get town read:
    • 1.5 Jan mentioned him mimicking someone else's play style from the last game they played together.
    • 2. He makes a lot of excuses for his play.
    • 3. He tries to sell us the world where he's useless. A common scum tell is talking about underplaying your abilities.
    • 4. Claiming Inquisitor there does nothing for town.
    • 5. Yes, he is inexperienced, but I don't see a town motivation for copying other peoples styles of play.
    • 6. Waco died. Previously, he went into a big explanation over one post about him and reading him as scummy.

• 7. For those of you who don't want to kill him today why not? Who would be your alternative and why?

12. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Generally, I'm pro-lynch for day 1. I don't think you have said anything that's pinged me the wrong way. I'm curious about why you continued what Kai said about making Witchhunt great again.

I'd have to take a second look at your posts before I'd consider voting for you.

---------- Post automerged at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Who are you agreeing with?

I'm not certain that miner is town.

---------- Post automerged at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------
    Jan, why is miner town to you?

13. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    *woosh*

The point of that post was saying that your reason for moving off Typhon was weak. You could have just said miner was scummier or more likely to be scum, you didn't need to excuse the unvote.

Find a real topic to be curious about me on, that isn't Kai's running joke.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

as of right now?

you.

I am agreeing with the attempted push on you, because your reaction here was not what i expected considering your earlier townread on miner.

15. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    It's always good to see who's paying attention to my posts and who's not.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

with this it looks better for you.

I didn't get the feeling you had a scumread on miner ever.

17. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    My reads can flip flop relatively easy. But you wouldn't know that in most cases without me telling you so.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

So I just finished a MS game where town won despite lynching zero mafia. Vig swept the entire scumteam and died at endgame after putting a bullet in the final scum. Surviving townies were me (3-Shot Public Kill Cop) and a VT.

I enjoyed playing with some people in that game, but overall the MS meta grosses me out, so I'm glad it's over.

---

I didn't like Kalas' attempt to paint TDS' actions as scum yesterDay, and I certainly didn't like it when mal did the same thing.

mal is going "Witches orchestrated this massive suicide plan to take control of the game" that makes my eyes glaze over. It reads more like a conspiracy theory than something mal actually believes.

I don't think it makes any sense for a Witch, much less a newbie Witch, to Leeroy there. That just screams of guileless oh-well-this-needs-to-happen-sorry-guys town who doesn't feel the shackles and limitations of a smaller (scum)team.

Smaller thing, but I didn't like mal's entrance. Felt forced. Also the word "yuge" makes me cringe.

Buuut reading ahead, I do like his followup wallposting. And his posts in general after that. Eh. Disagreement, but town otherwise?

---

And then miner claims with like...no votes on him. And he gave info that really did not need to be given. And he has no reaction to the Gravedigger claim.

Buuut then his posts after that are, hm. Reasonable?

I could see him being coached to make a "lol you should pretend you think there's an Acolyte in the game!" slip.

---

mal voting for tom...ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I hate being wishy-washy on mal.

tom's point about accusing Vira of purposefully confusing her partner's name with a townie reminds me of the MS game I just mentioned. Magna (a townie) poked at a hydra of Tammy/Nacho (scum) and asked if Tammy was going to participate and make the slot obvious town, because Tammy supposedly lurks as scum.

It was an interesting point, and a point that I thought reflected well on Magna and made him unlikely scum with the hydra. Especially when the Nacho head brushed off the Tammy line of questioning. But several people accused Magna of bussing the hydra in this fashion when the hydra flipped scum, even though it didn't really make sense with the way Magna was poking at the hydra.

(Tammy never did end up posting, which pretty much made Magna my top townread for the entire game.)

tl;dr people's points about "oh that's exactly what I would do if I were scum" w/r/t tom just read as fear-mongering.

---

Townreads are tom, Newcomb, ?mal? owner townread is dwindling just a bit, seems like she's favoring fluff over content toDay. Maybe she's just super carefree?

same tbh

Though I think I misread her in Teen Wolf for the same-ish thing? So.

(Good luck with the interview, owner!)

---

Is Rob being Witchy? I feel like Rob is super Witchy. He feels a /lot/ more fluffy than last time he hunted Witches, even if it was a long time ago.

He also feels Witchy in a "he doesn't have a strong presence in the game, and people aren't talking about him enough" kind of way. Like when everyone had Gentleman Johnny as a scumread in OTG but nobody talked about him for an entire Day phase.

19. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I don't always reveal my cards. You should know that from poker. Though I guess in poker it's more like, I don't always bid when I have cards.

In my first read through, he seemed townish, but the problem is while he can be talking naturally in some posts first I have to figure out whether or not I can trust him. My second read through or maybe it was the third one, I saw some of what tom was seeing.

I guess it might also be when I'm in a new environment sometimes I might hold back a little bit more and try to feel stuff out if I can. But I don't know.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

[TDS/Waco]
    Von
    tom/Newcomb/owner
    Jan
    mal r Kai
    Ty r font
    Koalas
    Rob
    miner
    [vira]

gg witches

---------- Post automerged at 00:37 ---------- Previous post was at 00:36 ----------

Vote Rob

I think this is what I want.

Will probably switch to miner if deadline is looming.