1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Miner is inexperienced - I think all (2? 3?) of his games have been on this site, and I've skimmed them all at the least in the past. I've sorta seen his game evolve, and meta informs my read of him and underscores my feeling of baby town taking his first steps as a toddler (no offense intended miner, I'm far from the best player in this game). They're messy, but it feels genuine?

I don't know you from any other random player and there has been no particular indication of inexperience, so your play doesn't get the same meta filters.

2. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    I was going to be more dramatic about it. But why wait for more words?

Day2 vote SlipperyAxII

3. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

That was owner. I'm trying desperately to do things before I pass out, but it's going slowly. Glad we have people itt though.

mal, is Snow completely normal for you?

4. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Ok, explanation time.

Newcomb stuff earlier was due diligence. Was kind of looking for other people's reactions rather than anything else. In general the thread:
    1. Hadn't actually thought through scum!Newcomb scenarios properly despite his lackluster Day1. Like, I don't think that anybody besides Jan even bothered to consider the worst case scenario (3 dead town going into Day2) and instead kept hinging their arguments on TDS's alignment.
    2. Was still very willing to throw shade in Newcomb's direction.
    Which, uh, means that Newcomb is totally town. Scum were too blindsided by his quick draw reveal to even think about opposing it. Very hard to oppose something you know to be true.

I'll continue having slight doubts about him though, in case that will encourage the witches to shoot elsewhere.

Jan thing was half real. I thought I could talk to him and figure things out, similar to our last game together where town stomped in the end. But I was seriously entertaining scum!Jan until I got that long conversation with miner, which I think makes Jan town regardless of miner's alignment.

Tom thing is 100% real. He's not going to like it, but I'm going to go dig for quotes after this. He can still wait for toMorrow though, he's fun to have around. Also ~reasons~

Wagons for today should be Koalas vs slippery if possible, but miner is fine too. I think he's slightly better than rand to be town, but he's not endgame town and he needs to come try to lynch somebody else.

5. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I think I'm going to read/skim at least a little bit of Mimefia before I go to bed and prepare for my interview.

6. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I uhh. Wouldn't. That is not a normal game, and I kinda doubt it'll help your reads. Find a normal game, that will be more helpful because of course it is.

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Why wouldn't I like that?
    I can't wait for that.

---------- Post automerged at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

No let owner read mimefia.
    I would love to hear what she gets out of it.

8. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Snowvon seems very town to me so far. Like, he's slightly upped his scumgame recently, but not /that/ much. Especially after watching him get lynched in an offsite game recently. And scum!von wouldn't be able to win endgame anyways.

Did font leave you any thoughts, or was her QT as sparse as ever?

its not worth it, imo.

Go read tnyhunt or concussion mafia instead.

9. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I will let me look at some of the playstyles and compare them. Yes, it does look like a non-traditional game with different objectives in play. But you said you've been watching miner's progression; that includes that game and one other game does it not?

10. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    wow ninja'd

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

One of these days.

12. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    non-traditional is underselling how different it is.

Reading other finished games while a game is in progress is way less useful than just rereading the actual thread imo.

And even then, why would you meta-dive for miner? Over literally any of the other players here?

13. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Well meta diving on me is exhausting.

14. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    It will feel great, even if you don't deserve it.

Do you have a pretty rainbow list while we're all sharing?

---------- Post automerged at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 ----------

EBWOP: hurf durf von already shared it

/owner/ is the one I meant to ask that.

15. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    For one thing, Jan's comment about you not trolling; makes more sense now. When I saw that initially, I thought Jan was saying you troll normally. But now looking at it through the context of the game Mimefia, I see that Jan was more likely only merely commenting that he missed your trolly behavior or was more on the verge of making a joking remark.

So that changes what I had initially perceived as something maybe tied with your meta from what others had said.

---------- Post automerged at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

I'm not just meta diving for miner. Tom, Jan, Newcomb, and fonti are also in the Mimefia game.

---------- Post automerged at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

On my home site, I'd consider myself a heavy meta reader. So it's nice to get away from that at times and see how I fair without it.

---------- Post automerged at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Hey Jan, I'm gaining on you.

[​IMG]

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

He doesn't really seem scummy to me either... just not what I expect from town!Snowvon. Not even would I'd have expected from town!Vaimes. Idk, maybe I'm just overthinking this. If I'm the only one that feels that way, though, then I'll sit on the feeling til it goes away or intensifies I guess.

fonti's QT is literally nothing besides a replacement request.

17. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Sure and tnyhunt 6 had me, font, Kai, Jan, von, tom, AND The Waco Kid.

While concussion mafia had me, font, Kai, newcomb, and miner.

you do you tho

18. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    [​IMG]

Night all sleep well. *yawns*

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

That's reasonable, but I think you're kind of giving A Typical Witchchat(tm) too much credit, if that makes sense. Like, I don't think that conversation necessarily takes place in Vira/Miner/X worlds.

Yeah, my bad. I was remembering this as Snowvon going "fine, onwer's not /confirmed/ town" and you kinda nudging me that it was a weird thing to say. Carry on.

Mal's 416:

I mean. Did you not read that as kinda jokey/splashy/not super serious? Because that's how it read to me.

Well I AM Newcomb but here's a sanity check anyway:

Fact: Vira was a witch.

Fact: This is the response she gave when pressured by owner to have an actual opinion.

Do you think she listed zero partners here? These aren't organic fake reads, like fake reads she leisurely cooked up while in the shower, these were "oh shit, I forgot I have to pretend to give a shit" reads. That list like almost always, always includes a partner.

So who is Vira's partner on that list? Is it Jan? No. There's no judgement in "Jan is more whimsical than the last game I played with him, but that was over a year ago." The Kalas comment has "I don't like it" tacked onto it, even though she's saying essentially the same thing she said about Jan. That could be a bus. The swipe at Axe reads more like a hit-and-run on town, but that could be a bus. The comment on Miner could be a bus, and then the vote is on Miner, because...?

Like. Play the tape to the end. If Vira knows Miner is town here, is that the way she votes on him?

It's within the realm of possibility that I've completely leveled myself here, but it just seems so obvious to me that she never saw how out of place that vote was with the rest of the post because she knew Miner was mafia and therefore the things she was saying about him felt more legitimate.

We are lynching owner over Kalas/Slip/Miner approximately 0% of the time.

Owner has dropped off toDay and as the game goes on the lack of firm stances is like, ~cause for concern~ vague handwavy noises but it's nowhere near loud enough for me to want to go there.

Yeah, that.

you're welcome :p

<insert dank meme here>

<I seriously owe you one dank meme but it's past my bedtime>

<tomorrow>

all that being said about owner I... kinda am not in love with this post?

Not the vote so much as the excuse to not lynch Typhon but also not clearing Typhon? Like just... putting off Typhon "because replace"?

That reminds me, I asked Mal something about Kalas/Slip. Pretty sure that's pending?

thumbsup.gif

Yeah, I'm buying this. There's a depth of thought here that I think is fairly towny and makes me pretty much dismiss my earlier concern that the Typhon "bad form to lynch a replacement" thing was fake/lazy.

The bolded is a pretty towny line of thought that I think is unlikely to come from someone who knows owner's town here. Analyzing someone through that kind of nuanced "X is towny, but a TON of X is scummy" lens is a whole lot of mental gymnastics to jump through to push on someone from a scum perspective; feels more like he's genuinely trying to put owner into a container he can understand.

I appreciate the thought.

You realize though that literally the first thing that made me think was "man, Mal is probably going to add a 'lol' onto the <b>Kill: Newcomb</b> post in witchchat."

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

the one big question here should be do we want to give newcomb a possible xtra life?

If he is town then this would gurantee is clean checks tomorrow, maybe for the rest of the game.
    Which is precious for so many reasons.

Downside is we basically lose the game to scum!Newcomb .. which i don't see right now.
    Mals reasoning for people believing newcomb asap and newcomb big post that i mostly read and nod along make me feel fairly good about him tbh.

this would make the job for angels easier because mafia are not able to kill newcomb tonight if he is town.
    Dunno .. opinions?