1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    oh also, that first no was intended to answer your second question "Do you think you were a weird target", not your first question. Should have snipped the quote. It works this way too, but is a bit ruder than planned.

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I...will not stand up for tom.

I'll take another look at him tho.

3. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    If somebody want to talk town theory with me and persuade me to take a different tack, that's fine too.

Haven't really decided if I'm being Eido or being lazy, honestly.

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I like the new style, thug. Especially if you're scum (which seems unlikely to me)

Why is talking about the kill scummy? That seems a possible wealth of information that I don't have much desire to ignore.
    For example, I seem to remember enough people suspecting you that you might be a viable lynch at some point. Certainly less townread than several.
    That leaves possibilities like someone townier is scum or one of the people pushing you is scum and didn't want to have to keep doing it? Idk.

Either way I talk about what I want.

---------- Post automerged at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Actually you're kind of playing like me in turbos.

No wonder I like it.

---------- Post automerged at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

Well isn't this exciting.

vote owner
    Slippery is fine too.

5. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    How am I connected to Vira?

---------- Post automerged at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

^ The answer is: I'm not.

---------- Post automerged at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Oh, I also got the job!!!

[​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

I celebrated it with steak, red wine, friends and family. It was a lot of fun.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Pozdravljaju tebja s rabotoj.

7. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    huh? what are you saying Snowvon?

---------- Post automerged at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

is that parseltongue?

---------- Post automerged at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

*doesn't speak snake or worm* But is willing learn if someone were to teach.

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

My problem right now is that even after having 24 hours to mull over Miner being town, my reads feel pretty stagnant. If I go by my current feelings I end up at a place where I know I have to be wrong /somewhere/ unless the team is exactly Vira/Slip/Kalas and, yeah.

So this is kind of a work in progress -

I still think Snowvon's town here and that's unlikely to change. He's been on an upward trajectory on the Snowvon Sliding Scale of Towniness in the last ~1 week of realtime, and that usually means he's just town. I also think he'd ~probably~ have just voted Miner when I basically told him to, especially if Slip were his partner. It's inevitable that one day Von's going to fool me, because I do trust the meta read pretty hard and it hasn't let me down yet, but I'm pretty locked into this for better or worse.

I'm... reasonably sure Jan is town here. There's a degree of "I want him to be town" because I'm historically bad at reading Jan correctly and I've been pretty steady on this read all game and it would be nice to have a game where that's true and I'm right. The basis for this read hinges a lot on the way he was approaching me early D1, pushing me on the GD/Vira stuff. It really felt like he was trying to figure me out and not just push shade on me. I also think that the conversation he had with Miner yesterday leading up to Miner's lynch was pretty overblown; it doesn't make a /ton/ of sense for Jan to go that hard there if they were v/v wagons, so unless he's /with/ Slip - and in that case, wtf was up with that whole Nursing me play and subsequent conversation???

I'm kinda resigned to the fact that there's probably one between tom and owner. I talked myself into a "these guys fighting (Golden and silver) are v/v" read in the MU Championship finale kinda because I wanted to look good/look smart in postgame and whiffed hard, and I'm definitely feeling some of the same red flags here.

Basically, I was cheating a bit by just writing them both off as town for single individual posts that I felt were wildly unlikely to come from the third partner of a Vira/Miner/X team.

For reasons that no longer matter but should be pretty obvious, those seemed like crazy posts for Vira/Miner/Owner or Vira/Miner/tom wolrds. With Miner confirmed town, they're ehhhh. I still think that's just such a weird line of attack on scumbuddy Vira there if tom's with her. I wouldn't be absolutely blown away but I'd be surprised. Although that thing Jan said about distancing rings a bit truer now. Especially like - linking town to your mafia buddy, dragging them down with you is a pretty solid move. And on owner's side, she's decided to bus Vira there - so where's her other partner in those reads? Like - maybe Slip? Maaaaaybe Kaislot/fontislot?

Okay this owner/tom thing is getting hella long and not something I want to tackle in depth right now.

Quick hits: I don't think owner/tom are ever w/w, the back and forth they've had is too natural. Independently, tom's been mostly on the same page as I have, reads-wise, and I believe he believes his push on owner. Owner had some really, really genuine sounding posts D1 but she's dropped off a ton, gamesolving-wise. I'm not really believing she's a witch at this point, I'm just increasingly feeling she's not town.

Mal is either town or used Illusion Kill last night; I thiiiink Mal just doesn't mechanically do that, as mafia? He'd be down a partner D1, but got a mislynch D2. It doesn't particularly /feel/ like the IK buys him anything there... I mean, except for this right here where I think he's town. But I kinda already was leaning that way? He wasn't under super pressure or anything. Although maybe that's when you'd use it, when you're /not/ under pressure and he /did/ claim Hunter so it's not like he couldn't have wanted to proc the shot if he thought he'd be aimed at town, and yeah fuck this, this is just pure WIFOM now.

Independent of surviving a kill, the most pure Mal has felt has been his bitching about votes and claims and mechanical shit, as Mal is wont to do. ("wont" is not a typo it just looks weird and it's kind archaic). I'm not particularly impressed with his scumhunting/gamesolving. I would like him to go into detail on the two meta reads he made yesterday on tom and Jan. I know some people don't think highly of meta, but I'm not one of those people. I think properly applied it's an incredibly powerful tool.

Typhon has felt town, but that's thinner than other reads. Such is the curse of being a replacement. Take what I said about tom believing his push on owner and apply it to Typhon with about 70% of the confidence. I have a decent grasp on Typhon's meta from v/w against him in Narutomafia and wolfing against him in TH5, and I think scum!Typhon tends to be more agreeable/accommodating/placid. Town!Typhon doesn't like - "give zero fucks" or anything but he's much less careful about what he says and how he looks. I think him campaigning for owner was on the brazen/town side of that meta spectrum.

Slip and Kalas, now that I'm typing this, could they be together? I've been writing them off as unaligned since D1, but that was all based on mid D1 interactions that didn't actually go anywhere. Here we are D3, they're both still alive, have they tried to kill each other, or have they kinda danced around each other and not really pushed on each other? I need to look at this again.

Kinda running out of steam here, but quick hits, Slip Nursing me made me townread him but after I got Miner's flip I kinda reconsidered and now I think it was supposed to make me townread him. Koalas is just... he should not feel this null on D3. Feels like he's slipping through the cracks a bit.

And that's basically where I'm at. I think Mal should shoot in [Kalas,Slip], and I want to re-read owner/tom with a little less laziness.

And with that, bed.

9. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    lol, the reason we mislynched yesterday was because people were doing too much association stuff and not lynching the independently scummiest person.

If you still want to believe in connections tell me a story about who the scum are. I do mean a story; a narrative that explains why the game has gone the way its gone because x,y, and z are the scumteam.

If you don't want to believe in connections and just take this game one step at a time, place your vote right now. Because somebody is the person you think is the scummiest. Feel free to change your mind later, but don't get off without your vote sitting somewhere.

Oh, and I hate to ruin his fun, but Snowvon's line there is just nonsense. Because code is illegal.

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I put this into google translate.

It came back with "Pozdravljaju tebja with rabotoj"

Thanks google translate.

---------- Post automerged at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

I probably needed to hear this.
    This is how I should have won OTG for us.

To me, that is owner.
    I guess I can make a case this phase.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It was Russian without Cyrillic.

Congrats on the job, owner.

I'll mafia tomorrow; g'night.

---------- Post automerged at 01:32 ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 ----------

I'm still confused about games where Illusion Kill is used /first/ and the Hunter is town.

Like.

Does the mod just shrug at them or what.

---------- Post automerged at 01:33 ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 ----------

(and by "first" I mean before someone survives an actual kill)

12. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Tom only sees me as scum. I know my alignment, and I know Tom is wrong. But I don't know if Tom is wrong town!Tom pushing my buttons or opportunistic witch!Tom trying to get the mislynch on me.

Maybe it should be easy, maybe he's a witch, but if he's town, tom is a valuable asset that I don't want to lose.

I guess I want tom to be town, but I don't know. Maybe, I'm thinking he's town for how passionately he's pushing against me. It's all narrow minded, and wrong. Sure, he's entitled to his opinion, but now he's finally voting for me.

I knew it was coming. I guess I was probably even thinking it day 1. When he doesn't believe roleplaying could be a town read.

If he's a witch, he a witch he probably rand the numbers. He probably needs to mislynch if he is truly a witch here.

The mind meld with Jan is odd, especially when he says that that doesn't happen often, if at all. It could mean he's sheeping Jan's points. It could be Tom is roleplaying in the sense that's he's following Jan's voice.

But then Jan's and Tom's pushes on miner were within minutes of each other and they were fairly similar. He could be really good at mimicking or copying someone else's words into their own words, but that's an idea over in left field, that probably is just a bit of paranoia.

Tom does seem to have an agenda on him: mainly to lynch me or slip. Agendas, I more often see from scum, but that's probably more of a null tell, as I think his personality would make him have an agenda as either alignment.

So that's where I'm at with Tom. I don't know if I should be pushing back onto him or not. I just know that 3 or 4 people this game haven't seen eye to eye with how I play/like playing.

13. Newcomb

Yeah congrats on the job owner

Von just think of IK as a real kill that the target always survives.

Like, of course IK activates Hunter, otherwise it would confirm someone as scum to a town Hunter.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I think it's officially worded as a fake kill, which is why I was confused.

But that makes sense.

15. Newcomb

Hmrlge. Why do you think this?

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

also I just remembered my morning class was cancelled tomorrow so I'm not going to bed, oops

17. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    From my perspective Tom's posts command attention and respect, though he isn't always listened to I feel like his passion or force isn't something to be ignored.

I guess that doesn't exactly answer your question. Um let me think. I guess I just get the feeling of power from him. Hmm, that might not be the right words.

I guess what I'm saying is that if I was team captain of a sport or a game of some kind. He'd be one of my picks. I just think he has something to bring to to the table that I don't necessarily see from others in this game.

---------- Post automerged at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

yay!! fun fun

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    You're basically talking about my high charisma modifier (if I may mix fandoms)

It's not actually a good thing unless I'm right.

---------- Post automerged at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

(unless she's TMIing that I'm right about her and that was a really flattering backpedal)

19. Newcomb

But... like... if he's got all this magical X factor shit going on and he wants to kill you, and you're town, and he's town, he's like.

jagsfan.gif

yeah I'm going to bed for real this time

20. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Well, if you are still trying to lynch me, you are still wrong. But that's your opinion.