1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Reads change.

2. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I guess it wouldn't hurt to say in terms of talking to myself; sometimes i'm close to Delphine's range. But I guess that could still mean nothing to you guys.

---------- Post automerged at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

I noticed.

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Nah, I'll be here the rest of the phase. That was just the last high effort post.

I've already planned the nightkill of course.

---------- Post automerged at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

Oh I've been scum with delph.

She had zero chill.

4. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    You're not getting what I'm saying.

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Newcomb Do you have a reason?

IK!Mal gains Towncred for essentially Vanilla-izing himself. Would also prevent a potential Priest reveal and can kill Newcomb in some bizarre Mal/Jan/Tom world?

6. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Reads look something like this:

Town
    Snowvon

Jan
    Newcomb

Tom
    SlipperyAxII

POE: Neutral/Mafia
    Mal
    Koalas
    Typhon

(Slippery being my bottom town.) Maybe he should be in a more neutral category with Mal next to him...not sure.

vote Typhon

The amount of confidence he had when calling miner town irked me in a bad way. I think he was spewing miner town. Watching miner's 2 or 3 games of play and being able to accurately read him feels like a stretch to me. I think he could have done more to maybe sway the votes towards someone. Or if he felt that strongly about miner being town like I feel like he should have pushed that world more. (Maybe I was stubborn yesterday.) But to be that sure on a read bugs me.

---------- Post automerged at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

That world doesn't seem possible with Newcomb not in the world why would he lie about Vira? That world doesn't exist.

---------- Post automerged at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

oh to irony

---------- Post automerged at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

You already were.

7. Koalas

High Score:
    Very true. Wanna give me a briefly summarized version of why you're Town leaning on Slip (outside of Vira)?

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Every read I've ever given is more confident than typh's read on miner.
    Discuss.

9. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    The difference being from my perspective. Typhon was right on the miner (that assumes Newcomb has been telling us the truth the whole time); I believe Newcomb's claim that miner was town.

Now, you believe that I am scum. I know I am not scum. So the difference is that Typhon was correct in a read while you on the other hand are hard tunneling/believing in a read.

---------- Post automerged at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

It mostly stems from the mechanically play of using his nurse ability. The motivation is more townsided than not.

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'm not just talking about you.

My read of TDS was earlier and more fervent.

11. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Which I reevaluated on if you remember that

---------- Post automerged at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

and then voted for Vira

12. Koalas

High Score:
    tom thoughts on the large chunks of owner/Jan interaction?

13. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    So tom if you were to lynch me today and Newcomb namely says I'm town in the morning. Where do you go from there?

---------- Post automerged at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

I need to know town is in good hands in case I die.

---------- Post automerged at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------
    tom, I guess what I also find interesting about Typhon is that he tries to switch his vote to miner at the end of the day. It's almost like for him leaving his vote on Slippery is just as bad.

---------- Post automerged at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

oops sorry for mentioning you so much

14. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I have been thinking about it some and the main problem is perspective. I am use to no role flips and making decisions based off lacking information so it means I am always looking at the game differently than other people.

No one else yesterday asked miner the right question when all of it was going down. Who are the two living witches ? He is a confirmed citizen now and I know I am as well. I have to stop twitching my shoulder when I am switching thoughts.

Jan is never a witch this game because in that event he just tells me he is not sure on newcomb and softs his role to me while implying it is better to wait a day or two. I either die in the night or today comes around . My role is useless to the priest and he is confirmed not holy. He also never defends me like he does.

Snowvon is also probably never a witch this game because of the opposite reaction and his general behavior throughout the game. I would go into more detail about that but it might motivate him to get off the alter of laziness he is almost always on which would probably break his soul.

I objected to people saying I had a hard town read on Newcomb because its the truth. I didn't think he was a witch but I wanted the people I have citizen reads on to say it before I committed. I've reviewed my decision and am satisfied I gave it to a citizen.

I don't find talking about a night kill scummy but again my perspective is from where there are night zero kills with no role flips so I can't read into that the same way other people do. Does that make tom a witch ? I don't think so as I am still reading him as a citizen but my experiences with him are limited.

Is mallorean_thug the type of player who as a witch puts the illusion kill on himself instead of killing someone else outside of me, newcomb and jan ? It seems really elaborate to do that for the benefit of being 'confirmed'. Vira Thug plus who then ?

People who have never played with owner have no idea how to read her as her play style makes her seem really scummy. She is playing different from how I have seen her play before but I think it is more do to the rule set than her being a possible witch.

Koalas reconsidered on me which is good but can I say anything hard alignment wise from yesterday's game cycle or this game cycle aside from that. No I can't really.

I wish Fontisian was still in this game as I have some idea how to read her. I think her replacement is a witch along with Koalas based on who I am reading as citizens.

That's where I am now in the game.

Koalas and or Typhon I want you to convince me I am wrong in my reads but I am not changing my mind on either Jan or Snowvon honestly.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Shrug.
    I said I was efforted out, and it was true.

That said, I will reread them with a fine tooth comb after newcomb confirms owner was scum.

---------- Post automerged at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

owner
    If you were to flip town I have some thinking to do about why I was so wrong but thats for future games.

My opinion on others is not heavily based on my opinion of you, so in this game I would just want to keep chugging through slippery/koalas/maybe typh.

---------- Post automerged at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

Some day I will read slippery's posts in their entirety.

16. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    #thatworldwonthappenunlessnewcombisscum

17. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I am again gone but will hopefully be able to check in later tonight if my new best friend Sleep doesn't lure me away or the hurricane gets me.

18. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    ^oops I was going to respond to that, I don't know if I'll be playing future witchhunt games here or not, (for the record) the no reveals are driving me crazy

noted

19. Koalas

High Score:
    I must have missed that. Efforted as in natural? (or post link)

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    owner
    Well I would love to play with you again in another setting.
    If I'm right, I'd love to see you as town. And if I'm wrong I'd love another chance.

Koalas
    Huh?