1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I have already solved the game unless I am seriously wrong on my town reads or you used an illusion kill on yourself thug.

I will reorder it since owner has claimed Priest with a check on snowvon which doesn't help me at all. Its town to witch with the known roles and the conclusions that should be obvious to everyone. It's not helpful to the witches so I am ok with sharing it.

Owner Priest
    Snowvon
    Jan
    Myself Nurse
    Newcomb App Gravedigger
    Thug Hunter
    Tom
    Typhon
    Koalas

Deceased Miner Inquister
    Waco Not DOB or Survivalist
    Vira Gravedigger

In the world Owner is a witch Waco is the Priest. That should be obvious to everyone here but it doesn't matter today. I want to kill Koalas or Typhon based on how I am reading the game. I know I am a miss which is what the other people will also say so its wifom but still true.

My brain is asleep as I got up from bed to check the thread and I probably shouldn't be posting as I can't tell if I am being coherent or not. I am now going back to bed. Hi Jan

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jan Town claims early in this scradio, scum claims late. Town wants to end a static thread, scum wants to maintain it. Vote pressure can convince a scum player to claim earlier then they would.

---------- Post automerged at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Scenario not scradio

---------- Post automerged at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Could it be because owner was playing in a manner equally applicable to scum as it is to Priest and I just maybe want to figure that out before I move on?

---------- Post automerged at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

And the fanattic thing stands. Based on roles I don't see the scum team throwing it away.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Forget about owner. Assume she's town.

No more stalling.

4. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    For a post that started with "I have already solved the game", I was hoping for a lot more oomph.

So you think its Vira/Typhon/Koalas. Go point stuff out for me, build a case.

---------- Post automerged at 00:28 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

Actually, yeah, lets do this:

Day3 Vote Koalas

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Koalas :

You have been hedgy on most players in the game.
    You have postponed read either me or tom for a few days now.
    I don't think you have mentioned typhon at all (unless i forgot about it and you used a stupid nickname that ctrl + f didnt find).

If you were dying today, then I would not know what your reads are.
    The last full reads list of you I could find. Well not a full list, but at least it includes some reads.

What are your thoughts about the game at the moment?
    What are your thoughts on Newcomb? You attacked me for not including a Vira/Newcomb world, what do you think about it?

Your thoughts on typhon, tom and myself? feel free to go in depth.

6. Koalas

High Score:
    What a great mindset Von. Assume the potentially balls to the wall scum play is just town. Life must be nice in that tunnel of yours.

Vote: Slip

For scummy posts and bad posts.

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Vote Typhon

Would be down to go for koalas as well.

For a lynch on Tom i would need a case first.
    I don't think I want slippery dead today.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I have the best mindset.

Also getting you to commit to something should not be this difficult.

---------- Post automerged at 00:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

Also you continuing to push owner as scum just looks desperate.

9. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Since when does a game rely on one person?

If I was apathetic, I don't think I'd be the top poster in this thread.

You say I'm the cause or reason why the thread was so dead.

But let's break this down.

Coincidentally, yes, I'm the religious leader, aka freaken priest.

But no, that does not mean I'm meant to lead anyone.

I may have a voice.

But everyone has their own choice.

You may call me apathetic, lazy, and uncaring.

Maybe, that's just the people being a tad bit overbearing.

I may talk with riddles.

I may talk with words.

I may not speak, but that does not me I go unheard.

See the problem is you are equating the thread's failure to stay active to one person.

Heck, if the game could be won with one person, what would we all be really doing here?

See you say that I was apathetic.

But you seem to miss the point that - that was the majority of what everyone else was doing, yourself included, as you said.

Most people just coasted because quite frankly that was easy.

But should the success and completion of the game fall onto one person's shoulders?

No.

We have our faults. We have our failures.
    Koalas, I dare you to not scapegoat others for things they didn't do when you didn't do them yourself.

Anyone could have posted something else and generated more content.

I don't see why it had to be me.

Sure, I asked a bunch questions, but that doesn't make me an authority you should follow.

(Sorry to trouble you with my Word Slam, hopefully you will read it. But if you don't, I understand.)

---------- Post automerged at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

I guess it just depends on the environment or group of players you are playing with.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

drag the witch

11. Koalas

High Score:
    I think this game started horribly with a Leeroy, denied me a lot of Day 1 content I usually use to filter things and has me mobile pparing at 2 in the morning because of priest claims. So not ideal.

Newcombs concious meta shift is understandable but a perfect cover in a scum game. There's been brief shins of normal town meta but early bussing of a partner that's playing weakly is not something I consider out of his scum range at all.

Snow is either town or has improved a lot. Just wish his 'confirmed' bias wasn't stretching into freaking D3.

Owner was playing as an info role or as scum. Which quickly clarified into Priest or scum. I didn't want to believe Priest but I was also leary of pushing this without an acolyte to fact check me.

I think (?) Tom picked up on something similar which is +town in my books but that's got some variables as he did make the owner push.

Typhon Ive been gut reading as town but nothing solid.

You're null. I didn't like the sidetrack marvel conversation. More meta but I haven't been getting towny vibes off of you.

Slips been posting in a style that strongly reminds me of some classic scum strategies. There's also just been bad posts and, to steal something from von, he wasn't willing to commit with his vote even when he was flat out calling me scum.

I think mal went above and beyond as town whip at Days end so I'm town leaning.

---------- Post automerged at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

I'm pretty sure that's everyone.

---------- Post automerged at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------
    owner I expect the prime lynch candidate, especially as a priest, to be shoving the fuck out of a counter wagon. Asking tom to build hypotheticals where you flip town feels like token scum effort to me. It feels like you were banking on the reveal, which is fine, which just doesn't compute in my head with you trying to get through the day without revealing

---------- Post automerged at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

*but that just doesn't compute

12. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I don't want another miner lynch. Yes, I can't always keep my hands clean. But for a long while, there were only two votes on me. As a veteran player, would you say you feel threatened by two votes?

13. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Unvote

The way Kalas has been interacting with owner after the claim does not come from town.

Vote: Koalas

Mal, I think you should shoot between Slip and tom. If you could make a bullet points case on tom that would help me commit on that. I think Slip is mechanically town and behaviorally scum. I think tom is tonally town and logically scum.

Obviously a checked Fanatic that doesn't jive with owner's info should claim here, but I think everyone has checked in since the claim?

If I really trust the way I've been thinking about this game it should be easy; there was always one between owner and tom, owner is the Priest, it's tom. There's always one between Kalas and Slip. killthembothjim.gif

14. Koalas

High Score:
    No but as a veteran player you could also see where the wind was blowing without your intervention. And seeing where you chose to reveal instead of where you felt pressured to was kind of the point

---------- Post automerged at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

The part where I'm trying to confirm this isn't a scum ploy? Come on Newcomb.

15. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Choosing to claim a role when you have one of the most powerful roles in the game that the enemy wants to kill constantly doesn't feel like a place I should be claiming into unless it's done as a last resort.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Unvote

Just in case we're close to hammer.

---------- Post automerged at 01:25 ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 ----------

We're still waiting for Spiritualist claim + Vira check, if that's happening.

---------- Post automerged at 01:29 ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 ----------

I'm a fan of this plan.

17. Koalas

High Score:
    Look.. I'm not trying to judge you as a player. I would have played D1 and D2 the same way. I just don't see much in the way of avoiding a claim today.

Irregardless it's 3am here. I have family Thanksgiving supper tomorrow and probably a 12 hour shift to work as well. I'm calling it a night.

18. Story Content: Vote Count 3.3
    Citrus

Citrus First Year

Vote Count 3.3

Current Vote Count 3.3
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SlipperyAxII (3): FonTyphon (#771), Tom (#905), Koalas (#946)
    Koalas (3): SlipperyAxII (#907), Mallorean (#944), Newcomb (#953)

FonTyphon (2): Owner (#846), Jan (#947)

Not Voting (1): Snowvon (#956)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to soft lynch (when day ends, such a player will be lynched).
    With 13 alive, it takes 2/3 * 9 rounded up = 6 to hard lynch (day immediately ends with the lynch).
    Without a hard lynch, Day 3 ends in 20 hours

Mod notes: Fon-Typhon is V/LA for the next few days
    Mod notes 2: I'm going to just call the replacement slots their name from now on, unless anyone has an objection which they can voice here or in a QT (for clarity purposes, I think it's been long enough everyone remembers everyone else well enough)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Common...

Come on ..

This post is so lazy that I want to lynch you for it.

Why always one between owner and Tom?
    Why always one between Koalas ans slippery?

Why is it impossible for any for those two to be town on town?

I have trouble believing a single word in that post. Like .. you are totally taking the easy way out and you don't care too much.

Sure it could be that world, but why not typhon?
    Why do you completeley ignore him?
    Give me reasons why you townread him, because that is the only reason you would be that sure about the other read.

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Shit guys, I go out drinking with a tinder girl and yall suddenly get active?

Deadline is tomorrow right?

---------- Post automerged at 02:48 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

That's a lot lynches to leave open bro.
    Nagl

---------- Post automerged at 03:09 ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 ----------

Only thing I like about koalas right now is tinfoiling about a newcomb/vira team

---------- Post automerged at 03:09 ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 ----------

That's like, a thing I thought about.

---------- Post automerged at 03:10 ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 ----------

Newcomb is so town though.

---------- Post automerged at 03:11 ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 ----------

I checked the ruleset post earlier and didn't see it.
    Does IK trigger the hunter? It would be nice if we could mechanically clear thug tonight.

---------- Post automerged at 03:12 ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 ----------

He seems town too though.
    Ugh.

Koalas/slippery still doesn't seem like a real possibility though.

---------- Post automerged at 03:13 ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 ----------

Newcomb you're town, right?
    I need you to be town.

---------- Post automerged at 03:17 ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 ----------

Hey typh.
    Are you back in the world?