1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Von, here's the remaining teams I believe in:

Slip/Newcomb/Tom
    Slip/Vira/tom
    Slip/Newcomb/Koalas

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Dearest thug,
    If newcomb is scum, in any world, we lose. We aren't lynching him twice with me and typh still alive.
    So just fucking vote me. You know you want to.

---------- Post automerged at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

Wait, you seriously don't have typh in any worlds?

3. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

We're in one of two situations. Either there are 2 left, and those two are Newcomb/Jan, or there's 1 left and it's Tom. The thing with the Newcomb Jan world is apparently nobody believes in scum!Jan. Which is really the only way I see Newcomb scum with how things have shaken out, because I don't really think tom/Newcomb is a world that's likely.

That brings us to the other situation, which is Tom as solo scum. Which is weird, since he's screaming for us to kill him or me. Which might be a bluff? Idek.

4. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    I think I've talked myself out of believing in Typhon scum.

The pagan activation logic he's spouting is stuff I was thinking about last night because of Owner blathering about it, and I think it checks out.

I also don't think that the scum team would have managed to coordinate that Pagan activation with the demons, unless its like Newcomb/Koalas/Typhon.

Also, what role does a scumteam discard over Pagan?

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Mal, I saw your post, but I have no worlds. I think slip is scum in every world.

6. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Typhon, you still haven't explained why Newcomb/tom doesn't make sense.

---------- Post automerged at 00:58 ---------- Previous post was at 00:54 ----------

Dearest tom,

We can lynch 3 more times as long as night actions go relatively well. Now that you're the outed DOB, my ideal order is Newcomb, Newcomb, you. Let's talk mechanics for a moment

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I don't want to talk mechanics. I want you to do it then newcomb/jan/vaimes to confirm you aren't lying to me.

8. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

If Tom is solo scum, is he ballsy enough to advocate for his own lynch to get us to shift elsewhere? Don't know the guy well enough to judge.

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Absolutely.
    I'm not though, which you know.

10. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I mean, nobody has explained to me why werre

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Unvote
    Vote Newcomb

---------- Post automerged at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 ----------

god help me but I think tom and Typhon are town

12. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Ugh, mobile posting is the bane of my existence.

Nobody has explained to me why Jan is town was what I was trying to say. Like it's less that I don't believe in tom/Newcomb and more that I think everything makes more sense if Jan/Newcomb is the team.

---------- Post automerged at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

You think Newcomb is solo scum, snow? With what team?

13. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Today we lynch Newcomb. Tonight the scumteam has 1 shot if there's 2 left, and 2 shots if there's 1 left. Let's call that world A, and world B.

A: They have to shoot between Newcomb (lol), you (lol), Typhon (lol), me (obvious angel target), Von (possible fanatic/gambler/Survivalist) and Jan (possible fanatic/gambler/survivalist). And Jan/Von are highly likely to be fanatic/Survivalist.

If they hit, we're still at 3/2. Now we have to lynch correctly, but that shouldn't be hard. They have 2 shots, but Angels still have double protect. I'm the only player that's likely to be unprotectable because of the Pagan activation last night. Here we almost certainly go into the last day either 3/1 or 2/1. Like, come up with a situation where they hit both shots that night through double protect AND role stuff. Lynching you lets you shoot Typhon if we're wrong and town still wins.

And if they don't hit tonight, they can't win at all.

This sequence only loses if Newcomb is town and there are still 2 alive.

B: Same as above, but they have one more shot. We can still lynch/DOB the same number of people, we just have to have one more shot bounce.

Oh, and both of these worlds are really wondering why they wasted the Pagan before double protect came into play. Weird huh.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I don't think that way, Typhon.

I am town.

I think Jan is town. I think tom is town. All based on attitude. I've seen tom as the last living Witch, and actively baiting the town into killing him so that he can kill you is a little different compared to how TinyHunt went down.

I think mal is town. Mafia tried to kill him, and he's been reasonably towny if a tad underwhelming compared to his usual play. I think you are town, though that's mostly mal talking me into it.

I don't presume to know how scumteams can fit together because I firmly believe that most, if not all, of the players in this game are more than capable of playing in a fashion that makes it really fucking hard to find their teammates.

font isn't a special snowflake. There are other people just as crafty as her.

15. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Like, now that we know that Tom is DOB, we can kill all three of Newcomb/tom/typhon, and we only lose if they hit literally all 3 of their shots in 2 scum world, or all 3/4 shots in 1 scum world.

---------- Post automerged at 01:13 ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 ----------

People should only disagree with this plan if they think that Newcomb is town and there's still 2 scum left alive right now.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I don't think I believe in that scenario.

17. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yeah, okay.

The Jan thing is my issue, and like it's an important one. Like... your plan accounts for everyone assuming Jan isn't scum, but if he is then we're fucked.

18. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Like tom, if you think that Typhon is the only one left, this plan beats him like 90% of the time while also covering Newcomb/Koalas/Typhon, Newcomb/Slip/Typhon, AND Newcomb/Koalas/Slip (not even mentioning weird Newcomb/Vira worlds)

19. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I do think he's scum if Newcomb is.

Like seriously, have you looked at his slip interactions? There are plenty, but they wouldn't be egregiously difficult to fake, and that world (slip/jan/Newcomb) makes a ton of sense with how the game evolved.

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I disagree with this plan because lynching town is stupid.
    But I'm not gonna pretend I wouldn't vote newcomb over not reaching soft lynch