1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Uh.

No.

I actually don't.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

You're looking for something that fits your conception of "town!Newcomb" while simultaneously shitting on me saying "hey, Von, go look at my posts, I'm out of my scumrange." I'm saying, yeah, go actually do it. If you're looking for something to fit your meta conception of me, go look for it earlier in the game, because right now we're fucking lost at sea. Me being Kai in Concussion Mafia is not something I have an analogue for in any game.

3. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Hi, you're not Kai here and you don't have the game solved if you can't name 1 specific team.

Again, you don't have the cred to lynch through everybody else, so why don't you try to convince me that it's tom/Typhon? You aren't becuase you just want to option select the rest of the game.

---------- Post automerged at 01:10 ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 ----------

Like, you decided I was town and that solved the game.

Now you've decided I'm not town and that solves the game.

Bullshit, actually solve the game.

I'm just going to triple down on tom/Newcomb here because they both think they can get away with not caring all game and think thathat I don't have a case. I have a case right here and don't need a better one.

---------- Post automerged at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 ----------

Newcomb, you wouldn't have to appeal to your meta if you'd commit to one team. Too bad committing to one team boxes you in too much. Oops.

---------- Post automerged at 01:13 ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 ----------

Also, if you want to say you're out of your scum range, post current stuff that shows that, like I am right now. Saying "look how hard I tried before I bounced two kills and my dedicated mislynch was the priest" doesn't reflect well on you. You tried to power wolf and failed. Boo hoo.

---------- Post automerged at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 ----------

Ok, so I'm on tom/Newcomb. Von is too? So is Jan?

Tom is on mal/typhon.

Typhon is on mal/jan? (I'm not double checking this)

Newcomb is on a superposition of everybody that's not him, Jan, or von?

Let's all be specific here.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

What am I looking for?

What do I know about your scumramge?

---------- Post automerged at 01:20 ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 ----------

Newcomb could talk to me about why mal is scum.

Because I feel like mal is out of /his/ scumrange.

5. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Like, Newcomb, you could modify the plan to "lynch Typhon toDay, lynch Tom tomorrow, and he can DOB Newcomb if we're wrong" if you can convince me that tom/Typhon is more of a threat than tom/Newcomb.

But you're not even trying to do that and throwing shade at me instead. WTF?

---------- Post automerged at 01:31 ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 ----------

Like, that should be acceptable to you regardless of your alignment. Because you can also convince Tom to aim at me instead of you.

Are you afraid that's too +EV because the tom/newcomb theory is right and going for that will look suspicious?

Are you actually buddies with Typhon and that just makes you lose harder?

I really can't think of any reason why town!Newcomb wouldn't be taking thathe tack because it's the mechanically correct play and town!Newcomb doesn't need to care about appearances.

Instead he's just trying to disrail this plan and entertaining a possibility he dismissed as ridiculous earlier in the game. I wonder why?

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Thug, shut up about newcomb for a sec.
    Answer my question about slip.

---------- Post automerged at 23:43 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

Bonus question: do you no longer believe in a koalas/slip NKA?

---------- Post automerged at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:43 ----------

Oh right. I'm the only one here who saw thug up his scum game and demolish a town with me.
    I forgot he's only been terrible in your experience.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I can't follow everyone offsite.

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I mean, you can read it if you want.
    It was the cfc/mtgs crossover game on MU.

Or you could just listen to me that he isn't out of his scum range and then realize he's been cagey.

---------- Post automerged at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

I'll make a case when I can.
    Maybe thug will do the same finally instead of just meta attacks and saying things are true.

---------- Post automerged at 01:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

This post is like a snapshot of thug this game.
    I don't understand what he's doing.

He should answer some damn questions.

---------- Post automerged at 02:09 ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 ----------

Newcomb's alignment is the keystone to this game.
    Whoever is town needs to make that decision today, and stick to it.
    Making this choice correctly determines the outcome of this game.
    So let's not do some bullshit compromise lynch of me that works in all worlds.
    Lynch me tomorrow if you want. I fucking relish the hero shot.
    But we have to get to tomorrow first. I'm not gonna do the setup math on how unlikely us losing tonight is, but if we lynch town and there's 2 scum left, it's a thing that can happen.

I know newcomb is town.
    I know vira was scum.
    I know miner/koalas were town.
    Knowing these things completely shapes my view of all else.
    I cannot be wrong about these things and solve this game.

Decide on newcomb.
    If you think he is scum, find me somewhere where his logic shows he doesn't believe these things with that very special part of the brain that only deals with truth.
    There is no lie in newcomb this game.
    Sure he has been unengaged. Lazy. I think we can all tell he's got too much on his plate.
    But he has been genuine. He's not taking angles.

He's just fucking town.

Thug you said you were waiting for someone to stick up for me instead of debating me.

Well. Let's debate newcomb.
    Your rebuttal?

---------- Post automerged at 02:10 ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 ----------

That post got away from me a little. But I stand by it.

Come at me bro.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I have thoughts .. but I forgot to sleep after i started civ 5. That was 14 hours ago.

So my thoughts are a bit scrambled .. like a good egg.

Both Newcomb and Mal look town on first glance .. which means the way to solve the game is to look at typhon/tom first.

I can see mal/typhon and Tom/Newcomb teams with ease ...

Mals townread on typhon after the pagan thing was a lot.
    And tom just reads newcomb town without even questioning it.
    Then there was the time when Typhon was sure tom is town until .. today? or late yesterday.

All of that is possible. Most of it seems probable.
    I promise I will do some work later .. when I am awake again.

But .. if other want to have some fun .. tell me why team x is the team .. or can't be the team.

About last night .. I would like the angels for saving me.

I will give more and real thoughts later .. need a quick 5 hour nap first ... maybe 6.

10. Story Content: Update - Day 5 Extension
    Citrus

Citrus First Year

Update - Day 5 Extension

Effective immediately, day end is being extended to set it at a more afternoon time in the US. Further Days, should they be necessary, will continue to be 48 hours +/- a few hours to adjust day-end's as necessary.

Day 5 ends in 27 hours

11. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

You've played the most games with me out of anyone I could name, as v/v, w/v, and v/w. You've wolfed against me, I've wolfed against you, and we've been town together, multiple times for all three configurations. You know my range.

And hey Mal, you want a commitment?

It's probably just Mal/Typhon.

Typhon popped Pagan and the Priest died. You wanted to kill him for it, Von. Who defended him? Mal.

We saw 1 KP last night. That confirms two alive, which confirms Slip town. Who shot him? Mal.

Who convinced you all to strip me of a life, when it was pretty much the only way he had a shot to win this game as mafia? Mal.

Who's brought up a bunch of mechanical shit about the Illusion Kill that's basically fifteen different ways it's mechanically incorrect to pop the IK to proc the Hunter shot (which of course he'd never do as mafia, so he has to be town, right?) Mal.

Mal's play over the last few days has been mechanics, with a side of mechanics, and a dollop of condescension.

And aside from all of that, I'm town, Jan's town, you're town. Either tom outs himself by DoBing into Typhon (unlikely as I don't see Mal/tom interactions here being faked when tom could just "talked into" wanting to mislynch me for the win), or we get a guaranteed witch by killing both of them and just snap off Typhon tomorrow and walk away from the thread.

Tom DoB'ing into Mal, and then lynching Typhon tomorrow if that doesn't end it, covers all possible worlds. Which is why Mal's smugness with his "come on Newcomb, solve the game, why aren't you trying?" does not come from a town perspective. He's not pushing me on something that doesn't make sense from town in my shoes, he's pushing me on something that he thinks looks bad.

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I want to lynch thug today. For all the reasons newcomb just agreed with me.

Lynch me tomorrow please.

---------- Post automerged at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

That whole "talking about the NK is scummy" thing was an even better example of pushing things he thinks look bad.

13. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yeah, okay, let's do this.

See, but this is like the definition of throwing shit at a wall.

You start with it being telling that I say the IK must be used up, but like you were mechanically right about Newcomb/Jan, the one world I was worried about Jan in, being impossible for us to win. If that was the world, they'd have shot tom last night, he'd have killed me, and this game would be over.

The second bit is less absurd, but even so it seems like a stretch to save the IK for a final scum scenario. The battle lines are drawn at this point - Jan and Snow are town and the rest of us are always going to die before them, from literally everyone's perspective. I agree that Jan was the only shot that existed here for a scum team, but like I assume everyone was aware of that. A scum team has to know that a kill will probably bounce there. If it does, then there is no point to using IK in the F3 because it will always be Snow/Jan/x, in which x will always die.

The last bit is the worst bit - you finish in the respectful portion by saying scum would never use the IK last night because you mentioned using the IK yesterday. Like, what? Be sure to say they can't use it the day before F3 too, so they'll be blocked again.

Yeah, thug goes in the lynch pool.

So that leaves us in this place - Jan and Snow are untouchable, the rest of us need to die to mechanical ensure town victory. Lynch thug, lynch tom into me tomorrow, lynch Newcomb if the game is still going. Easy peasy.

Vote: mallorean_thug

---------- Post automerged at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Alternatively, lynch me first if it will engender goodwill with town, or even tom into me. But I'd prefer to lynch not the dob I think, to avoid swing potential.

---------- Post automerged at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Oh, there's a page 13. Look, tom and I agree, that has to be a sign of the apocalypse or something, right?

Newcomb's plan is cool too I guess, but mine is snazzier probably.

---------- Post automerged at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

His is actually quicker in that we win tonight probably, so that's nice. If tom is actually willing to hit mal with me still alive I'm cool with that.

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Oh good, you remembered to think I am scum with thug. Good save.

Seriously though I'm never scum with thug.

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Von .. I feel weird.

Do you feel weird?

Do you want to talk about it?

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I feel sick. :(

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Me too..

Is it the alcohol?

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It's definitely the alcohol.

Also the taint of witchcraft.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I would assume you are never with anyone because you are town.

Could you tell me why you are never with thug?
    How do you picture tom/thug - the musical?

Is it a tale as old as time?
    Or more Bad Boys 4?

I know how i played with mal and it was atrocious. (but that is me and it was a bad game overall)

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I dunno.

mal and Newcomb both feel off.

Is hard choice.