1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Manga Thread Part 3

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Jon, May 29, 2015.

1. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I stopped reading Boruto the first time Hinata showed up and didn't actually look like Hinata at all.

I do not regret my decision.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Jeez, the more and more I see of Boruto the more I think he's complete trash compared to his team mates. Don't even get me started how bad he is compared to his father's generation. -_-

Also, Temari and Tenten's tits are MIA as well.

I seriously think this artist is either gay or has had a traumatic experience with tits.

3. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    Is the manga just the first part of the movie? Have they turned it into a weekly series? Manga stream has not picked it up yet

4. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

To answer your question it appears to be a recap of the Boruto movie with a couple of extra scenes, and this is a monthly manga now so don't be impatient for the next installment next week.

Edit: Boruto is a whiny bitch. Daddy only sends shadow clones starts getting mad. Daddy just sent an email starts complaining again. This manga will be a lot more interesting if Brouto gets his ass handed to him on a silver platter.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  5. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    He sort of gets redeemed at the end of the movie, and less unlikable.

The only reason I still follow this is for Tsunade's first scene. I'm pretty curious if that guy will have the balls to perform a mastectomy on her.

6. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Same here about Tsunade, but I disagree about Boruto becoming more likable at the end he was still pretty pathetic.

7. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Eh, I said 'less unlikable'. I still don't think he's a good protagonist, but he did have an awesome moment and got better from his daddy issues.

8. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

I would not have thought that I'd ever meet a protagonist quite as annoying. He is a spoiled, ungrateful and now also cheating brat that seems to be inferior to the previous generation in everything ranging from skill to resolve. The last one hurts especially, coming from Naruto's child.

If this is purely for the sake of his growth being noticeable later on, that would be a shame. You can show character progress without beforehand making the protagonist unlikable in every conceivable aspect.

The artist robbing the women of their breasts is just as wrong. He should not be allowed to do that. I wonder what Kishimoto thinks when he sees the character design.

9. TmDagger

TmDagger First Year

"Thank God I'm finally done with this shit."

10. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Nah, he'll think what his Shonen Jump overlords tell him to think. There were a few interviews after Naruto ended where he said he was glad to be done with it, and finally have some time to stay with his family and work in other projects.

Then, a few months later, a wild Boruto appears.

They're milking the series for all that they can. And ruining it.

11. Garden

Garden Supreme Mugwump

Man, I was rewatching some o the War World arcs, and they're just the perfect combination of 'epic' + 'ridiculous'. There's the great scene where Itachi uses Izanami to make Kabuto dispel, then Suigetsu and Juugo show up and Sasuke very casually, out of nowhere, decides to revive Orochimaru.

Or every scene with Madara bitchslapping the entirety of everyone who fights him until Hashirama and later 6-paths powered up Sasuke and Naruto.

Or the hilarious scene of Sakura, about to destroy Madara's Rinnegan (implanted in Obito)...and she fails at that after seconds of agonizing over it. Madara just swoops in an steal it.

It is super epic, but has some hilariously ridiculous moments.

More hilarity:

After Sasuke revives the 4 Hokage, Karin finds them as they're abou to go. She yells at him for stabbing him. Beat. Then Orochimaru chimes in "He stabbed me too! Let's go help him!"

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  12. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So, episodes 476 and 477 are out. It's the final fight.

I came. No more words are necessary.

13. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

I liked parts of it . . .

. . . especially the scrapping when both were exhausted. I'm not that much of a fan of the Susano vs. Kyuubi fighting style - the up and close personal combat is much more interesting. The different hands forming the Rasengan at the end was a nice touch though.
    If you like fights and haven't watched it yet, Boruto: The Movie is great in that regard. Alone for that aspect it was worth watching it. (Same with Naruto: The Last, though the story there was arguably much worse.)

14. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Sequel is continuing. Manages to surprise me, actually.

Boruto went missing-nin.

Five Kage hype too.

15. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That actually wasn't half bad, yeah.

16. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I'm reserving judgement until after we get through the Boruto movie rehash, but I think that the artist is starting to improve the characters a bit.

17. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It's just terrible all around, still. There is nothing new and original about this sequel. I hope there is a good reason for them to bring Boruto with them, that they are taking him because they will seas Kyuubi in him once Naruto bites the dust or something like that and not "you have the heart of a ninja which will substitute for skill, power and experience".

Just so, so bad.

18. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

New chapter up. I'm just incredibly confused as to where this is going. How is Boruto at all relevant?

19. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Boruto is going to use his special rasengan at the end of the fight.

20. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

So, I had a thought, and wrote something I thought was funny, but probably isn't. Rather than keep it to myself, as I probably should, I've decided to share it with you all.

Yay.

Anyway, Pein would be the best Weatherman.

The screen of the TV flickered with static, before changing to the local news. "And that's a wrap for now, Jim. Now here's Pein, with the Weather! What's it look like Pein?" An overly chipper and generic looking brown haired anchorwoman smiled into camera, before it switched to a foreboding, orange haired man in a dark cloak with red clouds.

His face, riddled with black piercings, was detached and apathetic as ringed eyes bore into the screen.

"Rain." Just a single syllable was uttered in a monotone voice, absent of any emotion.

On the other side of the screen, the anchorwoman from before appeared, brow twitching as she forced a smile. "Well, looks like we're in for a downpour, huh?! But what about tomorrow, Pein?"

"Rain." No hesitation. The intimidating man repeated the word, not even blinking or turning away from the camera.

"Okaaaaay. But what about next-" Abruptly, she was cut off as the man slowly turned his concentric ringed eyes onto her, her words falling silent as he did nothing but stare at her for long moments.

"Rain. Always. Rain."