1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with WeChat

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Erotic Adventures of S, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Does anyone here have any experience with the Chineese business and social media app WeChat, I'm having to deal with it in my job and am running up against a wall of no help outside China. If anyone has experiemce or knows anyone they can refer me to it would be a huge help.

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Like what specifically. Also looks like a What's app clone.

3. Erotic Adventures of S

Kinda but woth a bunch more features, it does a hell of a lot of E commerce as well, thats its primary function now although it does a lot. Sort of like Paypal or Apple pay. Its like whatsapp crossed with Twitter with Etsy with Paypal, amd it is huge in China.

So soecifically I need someone who has experience in the commerce side of it.

4. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I don't. I mean a quick Google brings up the features. Otherwise I don't know shit. Sorry.

5. DvorakQ

DvorakQ Seventh Year DLP Supporter

A lot of features are different in the international version of wechat versus the china version of wechat. What exactly are you running into problems with?

Are you trying to set up an alipay account as well or something? A lot of things you need a chinese id for or bank account to setup. Also, you needa make sure your bank account has online access enabled... that could be something that irritates your wechat setup.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  6. Benguin

Benguin Squib

High Score:
    What type of help do you need? I interned in China for half a year, so I've got some rudimentary entry level knowledge of help running the commercial side of Wechat, but without any specific question I can't really say much

7. Erotic Adventures of S

Cheers I sent you a PM, basically has to do with client outreach and expansion, but considering over half a billion users I am finding bugger all technical information at least in English. And past experience has taugh me to be wary of contracting this sort of work in China.