1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Riley, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

They wanted fewer missions with better rewards instead of mission spam, also missions cost more now, so you need to do non order hall to pay for them.

I play Enchantment shaman also, it's a great class. I finally have the rotation down and I can usually be in the top 3 for DPS when I have a similar iLvl.

• Open with Flametongue, then Icebrand(make sure you have hailstorm talent).
    • Use Doomwinds now to boost maelstorm generation.
    • Then double rockbiter(take rockbiter talent).
    • Crash lighitning on packs of 3+
    • Stormstrike, lava lash and further storm strikes when they proc
    • recast weapon buffs when needed
    • Don't let rockbiter hit 2 charges.
    • Stack Agility, Mastery, Haste.

2. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Yeah I noticed that the AP power skyrockets crazily. It went from 1k to 6k in one step. That really makes it pointless to grab every 10 and 20 AP in every zone (though I suspect there's an achievement for that?). Like, after that breakpoint you could collect every treasure in a zone and still not come close to getting a level. Right now I'm doing Suramar quests and the elves there are giving 100 AP tokens with every quest pretty much so that's pretty good. Also the week long research things seems pretty arbitrary to me, but I guess that's the point.

---------- Post automerged at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

I do a completely different rotation than that. IDK how much of it is gear dependent though. I got all the boulderfist talents, so I use that (it seems pretty strong), and then use crash lightning and stormstrike on cooldown, with Flametongue always on. I only use flame lash when I'm threatening to overflow on maelstrom, which is only occasionally.

3. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Those quests give 3000 -10000 AP for me. It gets exponentially faster, e.g. 50% with 2, 90% with 3, 375% with 7, 500% with 8.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oooh, cool! Thalysra, Occuleth and Voltoix have already reverted from their Nightfallen states and are back to normal.

I'm so desperate for the Suramar quest line to actively change the 'world'. I'd adore it if it became the hub city instead of Dalaran in the future when we get it back.

5. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Blizzard Panel hype!

Harambear! Talent changes! Balance patch to fix secondary stats being all over the place! Tomb of Sargaeras! Argus! Class mounts! (I'm sorry paladins)

I'm so eager for 7.1.5. I'm a 877 boomkin with almost optimal gear (barring legendaries) and I'm still barely pulling 300k on H Ursoc.

Admittedly, having any of my spec's dps legendaries would push me to a solid 350, but that's beside the point.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    The priest mount (I'm a priest) is kinda cool in its weirdness/uniqueness. It's like a white griffin, but an owl instead of eagle? Really cool.

[​IMG]

Hunter one is really cool too imo.

[​IMG]

Oh, and the Harambear in question:

[​IMG]

7. Anarchy

I've gotten quite a bit done since last time I played, but I really don't have that much time to play. I no longer feel like I'm 2 months behind, maybe just 1 month. I got a legendary (Sephuz, which is awful for my Enh shaman). I've gotten some heroic EN gear and some decent titanforge procs on other stuff. I'm in the 860s, so of course I can still improve a lot (need some better relics but they aren't dropping). Also finally finished the Suramar main quest and got exalted. Fuck, that was egregiously long. Like, the other zone main quests can be done in like 4 hours each but this one was behind arbitrary rep gates and ALSO patch gates. Heck, I think the fifth pillar of creation is actually in nighthold (Ellisande has the eye of Aman'thul I think?) so you still can't even finish it yet. Whatever, it's done and now I'm actually liberating parts of the city or something.

Anyways, still a lot of stuff to do. Apparently somehow I had randomly never done Vault of the Wardens and I was really fucking surprised when I popped up in it for my daily heroic. I was baffled at first because I would have sworn I had already done every dungeon. I have to do more mythics, since I'm still not attuned to Kara or Valor, but I'll try and get around to it this weekend. I haven't done any M+ yet, though it's not for lack of trying. Seems like most people want to be severely overgeared for any +.

Also got my mage to 110. Was pretty easy. Never even lost rested XP, which is weird. Ended with about a quarter of a bar left of it, and I did all of the leveling over about 3 days. Mostly just doing WQ with it right now since I don't really have the time to split between two characters, and there's definitely no way that I'm doing the Suramar rep grind again. The mage quests are ok. The weirdest one was to get Felo'melorn. Apparently people are aware that Bolvar is the Lich King? I specifically remember the cut scene where he told people not to tell that it was him by name.

Anyways, I'm still having fun with the game, and there's still a lot for me to do, though not a huge amount other than high end raids and just gearing.

8. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Everyone that played LK or has done ICC for mount/transmog is atleast :)

Just make sure you keep the AK research going on the alts and you'll be able to semi-easily switch over anytime you'd wish.

Going decently for me aswell, 5/7 M with Cenarius being the current roadblock. Still enjoying the shit out of my demon hunter aswell, crappy legendaries nonwithstanding.

9. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, I haven't played this game since 2012 (end of cata). But lately I've been feeling nostalgic and feeling like playing again for a bit.

How's the Legion experience? Is levelling fun? What about dungeons and raids?

10. Anarchy

Legion is pretty good. Better than Warlords anyways. Leveling up is pretty easy (I did an alt in 2 days, and had it geared up enough to do LFR in 1 more day). There's 4 starting zones that all scale to your level, and one max level zone (currently).

The dungeons system is decent. There's a mythic+ system which is similar to the old challenge system, except you get scaling rewards based on how high the M+ was (so M+15 is the cap for loot, though you can do harder ones if you want). Bosses and stuff scale up, and there's some dungeon-wide modifiers. It can get pretty hard.

The raids are pretty good. Emerald Nightmare is the entry raid, and pretty easy. You can pug heroic on it without sweating. Trial of Valor is easy if you can follow mechanics, otherwise it can be pretty tough, but the rewards aren't really worth it. Nighthold just came out last month, and is pretty good. The LFR system is a pug que, so you can que for the raid like you would a dungeon. The rewards are lower, but its a good place to start. There's 4 difficulty (LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic).

World quest system is nice, but can get annoying if you've been grinding it for awhile, or have multiple alts. I suspect it will probably get scaled up for the next major content patch, since the quest rewards scale based on your level, but have a cap (though they can proc warforged and titanforged quality which is cool, but sort of annoying).

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  11. Innomine

High Score:
    How much of a challenge is gearing? I hate the impersonality of LFG, so what kind of time commitment are you looking at, if you want to raid at least relatively seriously? Are 10 man raids still a thing?

12. Gengar

High Score:
    Ok, here we go:

Currently, I'm 892 ilvl. My friends, who are serious raiders, are in the low 900s.

The only raiding I do is pug normal raids, then I let my friends basically carry me in heroic when they have it on farm.

Two of your highest ilvl gear will come from random drop legendaries. They can be from any end game content from dailies to raiding.

The rest of my gear comes from mythic+. In fact, i would have a higher ilvl if i didn't have to use the lower ilvl gear from Normal raids for bonuses.

Basically, I'm super casual and I'm only slightly behind my serious friends.

There are no longer 10/25 man raids. You invite however many people you want and the boss' hp are tuned to that.

The difficulty level is Raid Finder (which is your impersonal mm system), normal, heroic and mythic. You need to form your own groups for anything above RF.

For dungeons, it's normal (which you only really do while levelling), heroic (basically old school normal and mm like in LFR) and mythic, which you have to find groups for and get your ass to the dungeon like in vanilla.

I can't remember if I've forgotten anything. Ask if I have.

13. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

If you're feeling truly nostalgic, come to kronos. The War Effort is done very soon and the gates of Ahn Quiraj will open in 2 weeks time.

14. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

As someone who is raiding mythic I have a hard time placing the 'relatively serious' aim. I'd categorize that as a 2 or 3 night raiding guild doing mythic content - feel free to disregard this if you're aiming for something more casual.

Mythic Nighthold is currently quite hard, with only ~500 guilds having taken more than 3/10 M a couple of weeks into progression. That said I don't really think it's that hard to get into. Most bosses are currently tuned for 54 traits on the dps which do take a fair amount of farm, which is why if you start now you won't be up to speed this tier if you're aiming for progression. That said, if you're going for heroic you can be at a performing level quite quickly, especially with the artifact knowledge catch up mechanics.

As Hugplx said Mythic+ is currently a huge part of the game. Not only does it give you semi-equal loot with a chance of competative items dropping depending on what level of m+ you're running and warforging/titanforging but it is the major source of artifact power.

tldr: Getting gear is quite easy. Getting good gear (including artifact power) requires effort.

15. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I'm floating around 902-903 ilevel on a 2-nights-a-week raiding guild.

Mythic+ is pretty fun, Nighthold Heroic is absurdly trivial, but mythic seems reasonably tuned outside of the free kill first boss.

I think you'd probably enjoy M+ 5-mans Innomine. 2-3 nights a week to progress into mythic is reasonable too if you don't care about being top 50 world. Mythic raiding is 20-man content, as opposed to the 10-or-25 model you're likely used to.

Normal and Heroic are flexible as you can take anywhere from 10 to 30 and it'll scale difficulty to size.

---------- Post automerged at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

I guess I should say if people are on US, feel free to PM me for btag. I don't have time to really play a ton out side of raid nights right now, but could maybe do things eventually, random M+ or pvp or something.

Legion is pretty solid, just the random element of titanforge procs/legendaries can be mildly annoying to 'serious but not willing to pour 50 hours a week into things' raider types.

16. Innomine

High Score:
    See, I could definitely see myself doing a 2 night a week thing. I absolutely could not do a 5 night a week thing like I used to, though. Y'all have convinced me, I'll give it a go and see how I find it.

17. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

You have me on btag I think, so I can probably lend a hand with some initial gearing stuff. Shadow's in a pretty strong place right now, even if it plays a bit differently than you're used to. (I vaguely recall you maining that back in the day)

18. Anarchy

I'm also in a guild that only raids 2 nights a week, with an optional alt night on sunday. Syao and I are actually on the same server, but we don't get to play that often due to timezone differences.

19. Innomine

High Score:
    I have no idea how cross region thingys work these days, but I'll be leveling on an AUs server, love my 40ms ping etc.

What are classes like actually? The first thing I ever played is a mage, and I'm very tempted to just boost a mage to level 100 and go from there. I don't feel like playing a priest anymore. Are mages strong? What specs? I'm feeling fire.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    Hard to say given that nature of the expansion. By that, I specifically mean the nature of legendaries and artifact weapons.

Legendaries are random drops with large (used to be to an obscene amount) affects on your dps and rotation. Your artifact weapon also gets more powerful the more artifact power you put in it (it takes months to get it max level).

In the beginning of the expansion, Fire was the most powerful mage spec (arguably the most powerful spec in the game if you had the bracers), so all the top mages went fire.

Since then, they've tuned fire down while buffing Arcane and Frost a lot. Problem is the best mages in the world are already fire, hugely invested in their weapons and Fire spec legendaries, so even if Arcane pulled ahead on single target dps (which i suspect), not many mages have the gear or investment to properly compare.

That might have changed since 7.1.5 launched, I don't keep too close an eye on mages being a spriest myself, but it seems logical. Frost could even be better at single target (but they're trash at aoe). Fire is the king of aoe and strong single target while Arcane seems to be the inverse of Fire, especially on shorter fights.

Tl;dr, play a Demon Hunter.