1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

I don't have much of an opinion on fluff because a) the only game I played with him he replaced out of actually making one post for the entire game.
    and b) he hasn't said much at all. For those who know him better, apparently he's towntelling right now. I'll keep that in mind moving forward.

---------- Post automerged at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------
    Zenzao

His interactions with Majube feel planned. Especially with the whole priest banter and the train ride.

2. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fair enough. I'll keep that in mind.

For now I'm out. May check in via mobile later this afternoon, probably going to be asleep until the evening though.

3. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I'm just a king of improv like that. Also, priest banter is obligatory at the start of the game from what I've observed in completed mafia threads on this site.

---------- Post automerged at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------
    MINEr you say you haven't played with Fluff. Does that mean you have played with most of the others here? Can you recognize any patterns in their play that would be good for the rest of us to pay attention to?

4. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Funfact, I actually am the priest.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

In fact, I've not played with many people here at all.

I played with Waco and owner in WH7, Kai and Citrus in MM7, Zenzao in Mime Mafia, and mal in a couple of games, although both of which he replaced into.

Pretty sure that's it.

Out of those, I'm getting a town feeling from Zenzao. It's the same way he played during Mime Mafia where he was universally townread and lynched d1 (the object of that game as town was to get lynched and not lynch scum). In fact, there's a couple of posts of people reacting to his play in that game in his sig.

Waco got n1ed in WH7 so I don't really know that much about his play. Reading his angel chat was fairly amusing.

I don't know what scum!mal looks like, so I'm not sure about my read on him. I'm reading him as towny, based on the way he's playing, but I'm less sure about him than Zenzao. I think. Mostly null at this point.

6. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

hello!

I had a read of the thread but back to front because when I clicked it it put me on the most recent post.

That's ok though because the most interesting thing to happen was mallorean scum claiming or something so we're doing great thus far.

I'm also the priest head auror.

7. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

There isn't actually a Miner on the forums, so you could take the username if you wanted to. Just post in the Official Name Change Request Thread if you would like your name changed.

I've seen a few of you guys struggling with forum details like this, so I've got a few tips. If you want to know how to use any of the BBCode tags, look no further than the BBCode List, which you can find at the bottom of the page when you go to post, under the Posting Rules box.

If anyone has any questions about how the site works, just send me a PM and I'll be happy to help.

Nope. It's been a long time - long enough to be out of the loop as far as common strategy goes - so I thought I'd come back and see how this subforum is getting along. And maybe get some ideas on whether it could do with any improvements. Are there any things you guys feel is lacking that other forums have when it comes to Mafia?

Yeah, I vaguely remember that! Was that the one with Plane Tickets as a game mechanic? How did that game turn out?

Is the priest a healer role like the doctor?

With 100 posts in 11 hours I'd say you guys are trying hard in general. ;)

There's a lot of finger pointing and speculation already, where we have literally nothing to go on but overanalysis and intuition. Sure, that's mafia games in general, but I think we can safely stand to chill out for a bit pre-N1.

Could someone explain this concept of random voting to me? Back when I used to play it was really frowned upon to cast votes randomly, let alone before anything's even happened.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'll consider it. I'm miner11121 on a lot of sites so I'm hesitant to change it, but if it gets too annoying for people to type out all the numbers I'll probably wind up changing it at some point.

Priest is like cop (or in this case Auror).

Personally not sold on RVS and its merits (see Concussion Mafia), but apparently it's a way to obtain reads by looking at people's reactions and interactions based on votes and further analysis.

9. Bill Door

Priest is the cop in witchhunt games, a.k.a me.

and I really couldn't agree more

10. Jarizok

It is? I assumed priest=healer=doctor and auror=cop. It makes sense in my mind.

11. Bill Door

Nope, my qt says i'm the priest and have a cop check :sherlock:

12. Jarizok

100 posts in 11 hours isn't that much right? I reread one WH which had 30+ pages before N1. We skipped pregame, but still.

13. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Personally, I'm a big fan of simple names. Although I've learnt you shouldn't try to set up anything where you present your work if you can't google your own name. :p

Ah, looked that one up, thanks. Is there a decent list of role names and variants you guys tend to use anywhere?

14. Jarizok

bill Ok, good to know ;)

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm assuming those priest claims so far by players who have played here before have been in reference to WH, in which Priest is essentially the cop.

16. Bill Door

First hp themed game had like 320 posts total. Back in the good old days there wasn't any of this talking lots shit.

17. Jarizok

Sounds boring, I think I prefer lots of talking shit.

---------- Post automerged at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

On that note, do we have a post count? I feel like I'm winning this.

18. Miner

Miner Order Member

Yes, but in the first hp themed game (I'm assuming you're referring to the very first Hogsmeade vs Death Eaters one Merrill hosted) none of the scum died, which is very bad.

---------- Post automerged at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------
    Palindrome Roles in these types of games are always randomized. There's a bunch of potential roles I'm pretty sure.

Like, in MM7 I believe there was vig, doctor, and neighbor. There's probably a lot more.

19. Bill Door

I was actually referring the mini mafia #1. Forgot those earlier games existed.

20. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=34682

witchhunt is game.

Next time I make changes to the ruleset I'll probably PM you to edit the OP for me :D

---------- Post automerged at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

I suppose I should expand a bit, most of it is pretty witchhunt specific with probably the only 'universal' roles (for this site) being

Priest (alignment check a target)

Loose Cannon / Leeroy (Kill self to determine lynch)

And witch / scum / mafia as the 'bad guy' alignment are used pretty interchangeably too.

---------- Post automerged at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

Priest should be Priest / Cop