1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

That's Waco, I asked you about Majube...

---------- Post automerged at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

I mean, the JKvote and post 50 are both Majube.

2. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    ah I thought you were answering my question about waco's posts.

---------- Post automerged at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------
    Jarizok

So back to my question can you point out which posts from waco are the content posts?

As to Majube, why are you concerned Majube getting reactions from you?

---------- Post automerged at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Hi Majube, you can hop into the the conversation at any time.

---------- Post automerged at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

And as I already previously answered, nothing Majube has posted so far has pinged me out as being scummy.

3. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alright, sorry about so low posts just got caught up. Passing out when Clintons winning an then waking up to President Trump...
    Honestly my firsts posts were both filler an reaction to Jarizok seeming scummy.
    Also Sorry about the joke vote eh-

---------- Post automerged at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Like I said getting caught up.. At least I didn't wake up to 30 pages usually am more available sorry

4. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Also why this reaction? You were quick to change your opinion of Majube when he just put one vote on you.

Or the main question is why does 1 vote scare you that much? It seems like this could be an overreaction. fwiw

---------- Post automerged at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Citrus hasn't checked in yet so you are doing better than him, though I do caution against low posting in any case. It's way more fun when everyone is actively trying to figure out the who's who and the what's what.

---------- Post automerged at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------
    Palindrome and Bill Door don't just stand there. Come in and enjoy some hot smores. If that's not enough to tickle your fancy, you can bring your own beer and drinks.

We are not that scary. Please don't be shy.

5. Jarizok

I was roleplaying us being second and third years, what with my 50 post rank and his 90. Ima need to reread for Waco's content posts.

6. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Kinda have to agree a bit with those who said election day would be a hectic one to start with and also gotta apologize again going to be out of this for a bit say 1-2 hours

7. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I wasn't asking about the roleplaying, but thanks for clarifying. Part me feels like you should know which posts were the content ones if you were going to give that comment in the first place. But we come from different playing culture so who knows.

But I guess if it wasn't made clear. I am watching you.

---------- Post automerged at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Well while I'm at it,

vote The Waco Kid

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Friendly reminder that activity stalking is against the rules.

The "Currently Viewing Thread" feature should not be acknowledged in games. I encourage people to make themselves invisible for mafia games to circumvent this. But if you choose not to, other players should still not call attention to this.

Thanks!

9. Jarizok

Up to #37 Waco was poking at me and Majube, mostly with the RVS vote for Majube and my asking what that was about. Majube then voted for me so I felt utterly bettayef.

10. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Here's where I'm at:

4. Zenzao
    2. miner11121

11. KaiDASH
    13. Bill Door

6. Majube
    7. his fluffiness
    9. Palindrome

1. Jarizok
    5. Delphine

8. Citrus

10. mallorean_thug

3. The Waco Kid

11. Jarizok

Betrayed* friggin phone.

12. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    sorry, I didn't realize that's what that meant. :(

13. Jarizok

owner What do you base Kai's towniness on?

14. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    saying that mal had already committed a scum tell, which i mentally agreed on.

though if she doesn't not make more effort today that read will be shipped into the nulls or below.

---------- Post automerged at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Also, in comparison to last game, Kai as mafia who replaced out, she did sort of trolly post about how she wanted to make town great again. In contrast, this game she isn't afraid to call out someone being scummy.

though yes, I know it is only one post. the vibe from that one post was good.

15. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'll talk when I have something to say. There's not a lot of point to spamming posts unless you have something to say: the more you talk, the less you get across.

I'm thinking of making a few changes to this subforum to make things easier on you guys. I'm currently planning on removing the ability to edit posts and give thumbs up, except to the first post of any thread which you should be able to edit indefinitely. Sound good?

I'll look into hiding the 'currently viewing thread' box if that's going to help out too.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

owner

I still haven't gotten you to tell me the whole story behind Mistress Owner. :)

I sleep at 10:30 PM not 10:30 AM EST By the way. So I'm awake for another 10 hours lol.

As for what I have to say, your readwall is fairly similar to mine. Although, I have Majube as null for the moment and mal as lean town. Definitely not sure about Waco, he's playing differently than he did in WH7, but then again he ran a gambit in that game and got n1ed because of it soooo...

Willing to wait for him to pop back in to see what he says.

---------- Post automerged at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Oh and Palindrome

I'm not by any means an established mafia player, but those changes sound like they'd help. I don't know if it's possible, but perhaps removing thumbs up only from games instead of every thread in the subforum would be nice, since there's the General Mafia thread and sometimes people just thumbs there when they want to play/support a particular variant that someone is about to host.

17. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I don't necessarily agree with Zenzao in regards to Mal changing his vote there being town-indicative. Mal rolled over awful quick on that, especially given he then cited valid reasoning to not have... Still a null.

18. Alindrome

Since we're a bit off-topic, I replied to you here. :)

19. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

The N1 comment is just me poking fun @ Newcomb, because in the 2 games where he's been scum and I've been town, he's shot me N1.

I threw a bit of a meta change-up in the last game with the gambit, and assuming I would be safe for a couple of days b/c I could use the GD claim to get myself out of trouble if needed. I may have not fully considered the possibilities in scum!apprentice worlds...

In a related note: Is your more aggressive opening here mean that your more passive play in the last was the preist/scum tell tom was talking about?

Logistics: Based on previous DLP games of this size, we're probably looking at 10-3 or 9-3-1

---------- Post automerged at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

The related note in the above was directed owner, not Miner, missed putting in the tag

---------- Post automerged at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

I envy you, on work nights I go to sleep around 9:00AM

---------- Post automerged at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

I'm realizing how badly I twiddled the first quote in this post, I was quoting an owner post like I thought. For reference it's owner #129

---------- Post automerged at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Tbh, I don't remember. That was actually the first mafia game I ever read-through, though I didn't join here and play for a while after that.

---------- Post automerged at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Pretty sure Kai is a he, FYI
    Palindrome, if you had to lynch one person right now, who would it be?

---------- Post automerged at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

This is the merge that doesn't end

---------- Post automerged at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

It just goes on and on my friends

---------- Post automerged at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Some person, started merging it

---------- Post automerged at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Not knowing what it was

---------- Post automerged at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

And he'll continue merging it just because

20. Alindrome

You, for asking awkward questions. ಠ_ಠ