1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

So, even ignoring the fact that town probably would have waited until it was absolutely necessary to claim. And this is wildly unnecessary... there were only 3 fucking votes on you, if you are town you should probably get lynched just to teach you never to do dumb claims again.

Anyway ignoring that, i don't think this post comes from an actual pr. There's too much fuss about it, too much of a need to explain yourself. Actual town claiming just goes, I'm a pr deal with it. None of this need to justify it. And they'd also reveal the absolute bare minimum of the role, not talk about whether or not it's still useful.

Vote Owner

p.s fuck absolutely everything about this line.

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

So, first things first: the Town PR claim. Zenzao commented a few things on this but what sticks out to me is the timing. Owner says she feels that she had to do it now already because the people on her are vets, which equals stubborn and convinced of their read. This makes no sense to me. In my mind vets would actually be better at distinguishing real from fake PR claims at the appropriate time before deadline. They’ve all been in that situation I’d imagine. Claiming it this far before deadline smacks of building up cover, i.e. “Scum know I’m PR so I was roleblocked last night and have no new info” for the future. I had Owner lightly townread before tonight but I’m going back to reread her earlier posts in light of the claim and Waco’s case.
    Waco’s case for a Majube/Owner scum team is well build and I’m inclined to lean with it, but that also gives me a hint on Owner’s PR claim. Between Owner and Majube, you’d expect Majube to be the one to panic from the pressure of votes on him and then roleclaim. Owner knows how that would go over (noone would believe him) but scum don’t want one of their own to get lynched so Owner goes for an unconventional PR claim of her own to throw us for a loop.

KaiDASH You’re being quite unhelpful in an obvious way. The obviousness of your strategy had you on null before, but it’s been awhile now and blatantly not commenting on Owner’s roleclaim? Assuming an Owner/Majube/? world, I’d assign one of Miner/Delphine or you to that third spot. Out of Delphine or Miner, who do you think would be 3rd scum?

Delphine You attacked Owner tonight before she Roleclaimed. This gets you towniepoints, unless of course you’re the third scum in Owner/Majube/?. I’ll ask you the same question I asked Kai: Who do you think is the 3rd scum in this team from Miner/Kai?

MINEr We haven’t heard from you in awhile. I’ve had you pegged as scummy long before KaiDash got to this point, so I’m most inclined to slot you in with Owner and Majube. Do you have any case for Delphine or Kai in your place? Or any other scumreads in light of recent developments for that matter?

Citrus You’re not helping either and your interaction with Owner… There’s something there. She’s either trying to cast doubt on you or distancing from you and I’m not sure which. What is your opinion on the role claim situation?

his fluffiness Found a pc yet? Curious as to your thoughts on all this.

Finally, owner I’m assuming you still don’t want to lynch Majube. You’ve voted for Zenzao now which is obviously not going to anywhere today. If Zenzao is now your top scum read, what would the scumteam be? Which out of the 2 likely scummates would you then push for today to actually get a lynch?

Bill, Mal, Proph feel free to weigh in here please. You guys are coming out of this with townypoints in my eyes, seeing the scumteam taking shape.

---------- Post automerged at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

Nvm Bill, ninja'd.

3. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Just got home and need sleep but wanted to address a few points before that.

1) Majube: Any answers to the questions addressed to you in #423 (by me) and #424 by Mal. Or are you just going to avoid answering and complain people are deflecting again?

2) Can people point me in the direction of the set-up info everyone's talking about. I went through the set-up thread and the opening posts and am not seeing it. FWIW Eido's MM#1 Battle of Hogwarts with 13 players did have a 3p SK (Voldemort) and the mafia team was 3 death eaters iirc.

Most importantly owners' claim

1) Zenzao, the timing of the claim (in that it was 24 hours from deadline) doesn't concern me. It's a reasonable play, and the same as owner did in WH7.
    2) From a game-state situation, the timing of the claim doesn't make sense. Given the wagons were 3-3-2 in a soft lynch of 7 situation, that makes no sense to me
    3) The tone of the post is way off. Compare to owners' D3 priest claim in WH7

4) Holy AtE Batman!

That said, DO NOT PUT OWNER NEAR HAMMER RANGE.

I would like a chance to go over everything again when I wake up, which won't be until 5pm EST

4. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    When I voted that was the case when I switched only Delphine an I were voting Owner so I switched and that made 3 on you.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

owner, did you crumb that you were a PR anywhere early on?

6. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    The soft lynch slipped my mind where I come from whoever has the most votes at the end of the day dies. So I was thinking that I was dying. Now I'm reremembering that it works differently here.

That's not always the case.

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Catching up.

8. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    no I'm bad a crumbing so generally i don't do it. unless i can figure out a safe way to do it without it feeling awkward

---------- Post automerged at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Your mouth says you have made up your mind already and won't believe a world I say. But you haven't laid a vote on me yet.

This might actually mean you are mafia, but you are too hesitant to vote on me right yet cause you know I'm town.

unvote, vote Jarizok

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm back, and I've skimmed through most of the thread. Mostly paid attention to (read: actually read from) owner's PR claim.

I'll say that I genuinely townread owner early because she mind-melded with me and I was focused on the whole Jarizok/Majube interaction. That being said, I'm going to echo Citrus here and ask owner if she put in any hints that she was actually you know pr.
    Zenzao
    I don't believe all three are scum, because I'd be genuinely surprised at a world of Prophdrome/Majube/Jarizok. Jarizok is still my top scumread, although my vote's on Majube because the last time I was in the thread he had a wagon on him and was my second scumread anyway. If Majube is scum (this I am starting to question more and more with his posts since I left), the whole Supreme Mugwump thing and the white-knighting for Drome early on makes me disbelieve that partnership. Like, I genuinely think scumchat would've coached him out of doing something like that.

I think there's at least one, maybe two scum in those three. Outside of them, I'm taking a look at owner and Waco. I have no idea how to read Kai (someone please help).
    Jarizok I was away all yesterday, hence the inactivity. You can find my reads above.

To everyone else,

I'm open to hearing cases to move my vote. Especially Citrus since you seem to be adamant about me changing it. Although if you want me to move it to Kai you better give me a good reason because as it stands I have no idea how Kai plays and am unwilling to vote him.

I will also do a more thorough read of the thread before EOD.

---------- Post automerged at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

EBWOP nvm about owner then.

10. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I had thought of a world where you and waco were distancing at the start. But I'd need to go reread.

---------- Post automerged at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

The think to was I was thinking of it being whoever has the most votes at the end of the day gets lynched, not the soft lynched thing.

I should have waited. Now, I feel like fool.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I look forward to you not using me as an excuse to not post anything on anyone else.

Hrmm. I don't get warm fuzzy feelings from the mentioning of 'oh hey there might be a scum-role blocker in which case oh well'. In fact, I get some pretty cold harsh feelings. Like, that's a pretty damn specific scenario in how it's tailored to you

Can you provide me with a read-wall owner? If Majube, Jarizok, Waco, Mallorean are off the table, who would you vote for/who should we lynch?

Any potential scum-teams you are throwing around? Who and why?

12. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    oops almost time for church...laters

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

In what way? Because I haven't given an in-depth read on her?

I don't like the way she approached it (specifically the defensiveness-ish of it)

Actually

owner
    Can you provide a post from another game you've played in where you were PR and claimed it publicly under duress?

---------- Post automerged at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Wellp

/10chars

---------- Post automerged at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Also the vote flailing.

Unvote
    Vote: Owner

Please respond to my queries once you get back!

14. Bill Door

Well it definitely should be.

15. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Citrus, owner claimed priest under duress just last game. Waco already linked it.

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Was that under duress? I forgot that happened then
    I'll go glance at it once I get on my computer

---------- Post automerged at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Well I still want her to give any examples of her claiming under duress in closed setups, because I want to see where her mind jumps with a concrete town!pr facing the unknown example

17. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Huh, I thought I remembered font explicitly saying no 3p, but I think the "flavor" is pretty specific here. "Knows exactly who's on their side" feels way too specific and unnecessary to not mean anything.

---------- Post automerged at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

She was going to be the lynch for the day until the claim, so I'd say yes, it was under duress.

---------- Post automerged at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

Imo, she was very eager to bust the scum trying to push her then, with none of this conciliatory bullshit she has right now. While also recognizing that the entire scumteam isn't going to be found in a pile on top of her.

---------- Post automerged at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

Citrus, do you think that you're behaving like you did in off the grid right now?

---------- Post automerged at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Also, despite the wonder thing having priority, please get around to discussing your intentions and results from your lackluster gambit.

18. Bill Door

It's flavour text, by definition it means nothing

19. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Hi, please make a case yourself for the vote you have right now -OR- make a case for where you move it to.

You're not currently owning your vote. Why are you privileging other people's cases over your own? Shouldn't we be moving to where you are?

Basically, you want to say that somebody "convinced" you to consolidate, to avoid responsibility for your later vote move. AND you want to continue to hold your current positions into day2, without ever needing to fully argue them.

That's just as scummy as what owner is doing right now.

---------- Post automerged at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

So you think that font lied in the flavor text on purpose? That's not "nothing".

Like, I can see role flavor being deceiving because of the need to prevent massclaims. But setup flavor?

Whatever, 3ps are dumb and I think both font and Vaimes agree, so I refuse to play around them.

---------- Post automerged at 11:47 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------
    Majube, please address my questions from #424 in one of your next posts.

---------- Post automerged at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

Proph, have you made a single post not in "catch up" mode yet this game? Is that a scumtell?

---------- Post automerged at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

Nah, it's not worth my time atm.

20. Bill Door

I don't think anything about that. I think that there is literally zero information to be gleaned from the flavour text.