1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I thought the setup thread said explicitly no 3rd parties?

It was for my own benefit. I know I have a really strong tendency to read people off activity early on, like I think there's a higher correlation with activity than actual alignments if I were to statistically test my D1 reads. So I wanted to forcibly ignore two active players (volunteers) to make myself focus more on the inactive players for reads.

Also it contributed to people thinking Waco was more lynchable I guess? May be useful later on who knows

2. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Like, normally I dismiss arguments that go "well because of scumchat, the scumteam is automatically smart and coordinated, so evidence of being dumb and not coordinated is a towntell"

But what the heck kind of scumteam misreads your game and thinks that waco is lynch able on day1?

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

You guys should really just ignore flavor text in non-bastard games.

Snowvon fontisian
    Are there 3rd parties in this game? Is the game explicitly just Town or Scum?

There, problem solved.

Owner Priest Claim post in Witch Hunt 7:

More confident + marginally less defensive. Anyone else have comparison thoughts between the two? Prophylaxis, mind skipping up from your reading through and look at this post vs. the original claim post here:

Owner PR claim:

---------- Post automerged at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

That one was me saying in hindsight with him somehow having a wagon of 3 (biggest wagon) at one point, which I can't really wrap my mind around (using his meta).

Also, at least one player (Owner and to an extent Bill Door) misread that and DID think I genuinely scumread him very strongly, sooooooo

Actually, that might be useful in arguing either of them aren't on a scum-team because they'd get yelled at for confusing the two. Or they would after making the posts about misreading it? Yay knowledge!

4. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Well my current thoughts involve some sort of miner/majube/owner scum team. Miner could be swapped out for something else. Nothing in their play this game makes me think they aren't capable of misreading stuff that hard. Or maybe they did what I did and just completely ignored that stupid game.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

Mallorean thug

Literally, I already pointed out why I'm moving my vote. Jarizok was always my top lynch, but he doesn't have a wagon on him. If you're gonna ask why Jarizok is my top lynch just go and look through the opening few pages and just look at his interactions with other players.

I'm moving my vote because I don't strongly believe in Majube being scum. I also want to hear people's opinions on others because I've been tunneling Majube/Jarizok all game.

If you really think that I'm just trying to dodge responsibility for my vote, then by all means quote what you said later. I've already put forth my perspective. I want to hear others.

6. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yes still trying to find all of owners case against you.

---------- Post automerged at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Can you quote which one you mean specifically?

7. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I'm the freaken parity cop. I have no information. The big difference between the two games is that I claimed day 1 instead of claiming a few days later. I thought I was at risk to death so I claimed, but obviously you poor folk don't care what I say or do. How fitting for my character to be this way.

The sad part is I don't think you guys will listen to me irregardless of what I say.

Bill Door is a confirmed town in my opinion for the way he reacted to my claim.

Jarizok looks more suspicious after my claim.

Citrus is questionable after my claim at first he feels like he's trying to be on my side or figure this out. But then he compares my priest claim from last game where I had some information but not strong information to this game where I'm a parity cop day 1 who has no information to share other than my now pathetic role, but you can't seem to listen to me.

A big difference from that game to this game was that last game wasn't pressured by a bunch of people. I was pressured by tom, which had as a town read that game. This game lots of people who have pushed and voted for me.

Yes, I'm still trying to win and read into how people are reacting to me.
    Zenzao, I freaken made a case already for Waco, but he didn't respond to it.

Actually to be quite frank no one has really responded to it. They just ignored it. You put a link to it, but said nothing about it.

I'm not trying to stall. I'm wondering why you haven't voted for me if you have all these reasons to think I'm scummy?

Sometimes people will say they didn't see my claim; that's why I mentioned everyone.

It doesn't always work that way. i didn't realize it was unnecessary until guys said so, and I thought about it more.

You want me? Here I am. Town is going hell by the looks of it all, and trying you all aren't giving anything that really makes me want to help.

But I have to help. I can't let you guys fail that much. But smh, I'm going to tear you guys apart and then stuff it back in your faces.

Generally, people know me for good reads, that isn't always true. But I have a lot of confidence so that's why I fight and keep fighting.

But will you guys actually hear me over this pitiful stretch of land called a mafia game...I don't know.

You don't know me. And I'll try to know you, but what good will that do if you are so misguided you lynch me instead of someone else who really needs to die.

Anyways,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gucKRNrarVo

I'm trying to help, but mafia is probably laughing at town right about now.

[​IMG]
    Citrus,

I don't think I really have any recent town claims. This is from a year ago.

http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/636-Teen-Wolf-Mafia/page114?p=117432#post117432

Mafia swept the game, and I had near perfect reads. I was fed up for sure. My claim that game allowed mafia to get triple kill that night.

And I mentioned everyone for that claim as well.

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I don't believe owner's claim, and think that makes Zenzao and Waco probably town ( owner started pushing Waco as early as post 132, and then he stays on calling Waco scum in basically every single post he makes thereafter.

Some examples:

Also, there's something that both Kai and miner did that's making me look at them funny. As in suspiciously.

And I still don't like miner's thing where he says he believes that one of Majube and Jarizok are scum (probably Jarizok) based on posts that sound planned right before he puts both of them as deep red scum. Especialli when you compare this:
    and this:
    I absolutely hate this waffling where he says he's sure and then denies he said that when pressed on it. It doesn't read as genuine at all.

---------- Post automerged at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

So yeah, I'm willing to lynch owner and miner today.

9. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Citrus, you can't judge a person off how they claim as it is silly. The circumstances are almost always different.

10. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Sorry, I'm dumb. Please explain this to me like I'm 5 and haven't read the thread.

11. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    What are you reasons for not believing me?

12. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Please find it for yourself. Its way more informative that way, and I've been more than helpful enough already.

13. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Why haven't I seen your take on my claim yet?

14. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Mmmm, so who do you want to kill today instead? Waco, Zenzao, Jarizok, or me?

15. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Looks like have 5 votes on me that's not changing. :(

16. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Its implied.

17. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Jarizok or maybe Delphine

---------- Post automerged at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

with you still having your vote on me yeah, town won't mourn me tomorrow. they will be lashing out in anger as to why I claimed there and have said why already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku1VJ6EeVfs

---------- Post automerged at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Something is off about Citrus. I don't know what it is though.

18. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    owner, basically I have no idea how you feel about the current gamestate. You're floating between paranoid accusations and throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

I'd be very willing to lynch somebody else today if you can choose a target and then build me a narrative that makes sense.

---

For the the record, I don't think that owner/majube narratives make sense and they seem awfully convenient for the other experienced players in the room. Seems far more likely that one of the two of you is getting heavily bussed and you're trying to take a townie down with you. Sadly, from talking to both of you, I /don't/ think that you're both town though. I'd like to think that if one of you was, there'd be far more attempted dialogue between the two of you.

---------- Post automerged at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

To be clear, owner, you think that both you and majube are town? AND waco is possibly town? So the three wagons we've had are all on town? Or Waco is definitely scum but you've given up on trying to get him lynched toDay?

Do you still think I'm scum? What changed your mind?

19. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    similar joking post to WH7, maybe I was too hard on him and his joke. we will see.

Neither is priest cause I'm the parity cop, but I can't directly say this.

I didn't say I was priest last game until I actually claimed same with this game I didn't jokingly claim priest or try to provide cover by claiming to be the priest. I claimed PR initially thinking about the DM games where a cop or doctor would just claim PR to WIFOM the mafia, but it is what it is.

And if you are going to complain about it, just get out of my way. This is also a joke post, but saying "l'm totally the priest" initially seemed a little forced.

---------- Post automerged at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

I'm going to reread and annotate the whole game and find out.

---------- Post automerged at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

mal you are just one vote though, i still need to convince a bunch of other people as well. then again your vote is still so i don't see that i have convinced you of anything yet. for all i know, your just listening to my pleas but laughing your heart out behind the scenes. *sighs*

---------- Post automerged at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

idk Citrus' vote seems too opportunistic. i don't like it.

---------- Post automerged at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Also, Citrus is avoiding reading me and Delphine.

Actually, that could probably make those two connected.

unvote, vote Delphine

Delphine this game is not as passionate as I have seen her in other games. Especially with her leaving the vote on me the whole day. She accused me of that in the Hydra Game, which she was fairly correct in. But in this game she isn't pushing on other people or making cases. She's just sheeping mal's read of me.

She needs to die.

So right now the world is

Delphine, Citrus + 1 or 2. (2 might be a bit much)

---------- Post automerged at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Waco's response to Jarizok jokingly saying he's a liar and claiming priest as well. He seems pretty relaxed.

The retract of statement felt a little soon, but maybe I'm reading into it too much. The last bit sounds like he's back to being pretty easy going.

Upon reading this a 2nd time, this reads more like a joke than an actual accusation. So maybe I was a bit hard on him, but let's keep reading and see.

this makes me snicker a little bit.

---------- Post automerged at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

This post doesn't ping me in any sort of way.

Jarizok actually miner has played with waco before, which is news to Jarizok.

still seems relaxed and not worried about anything

this post feels fine as well.

20. Miner

Miner Order Member