1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Proph, miner, or Jarizok sounds good.

Is that a problem if I solve the game?

I was depressed for bit; I'll give you that. But I found a world that makes sense so I'm happy again.

I get paranoid over people town reading me or helping me. It's a normal occurrence.

To put it in simpler terms, a lot of times I over expect what someone's scum range could be. I've played against people who were really townie as mafia, so from an outsiders standpoint I might look crazy paranoid at times. But I'm always preparing for that world where the townie looking people are actually mafia.

Hours ago before I found the Proph, miner, jarizok world, this was my fear.

Big blocks of text, sassy attitude, an overall presence in the thread. I feel like the big blocks of text are harder to mimic as mafia.

Yeah, my read on Bill Door is still the same. I don't see him responding that way to me if he was mafia there. Like yes, he would probably push on me as mafia, but the reaction itself seems too natural.

---------- Post automerged at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

So I'm responding to this late. Well, I didn't place my vote early because for 1 (I lynched wrong yesterday so I needed to take some time to sort things out), and 2 (at the time you ask, I wasn't feeling strong on any particular read.) If I'm going to place a vote, I want to have a reason for, and I would rather it be a strong reason than a weak one.

So as I've post already in a big post: I see the world as Proph, miner and Jarizok. I feel like I have found multiple posts where they seem connected to each other.

With me now believing this world, I feel like everyone else is town. But should I list my towns from strongest to weakest?

I mean I guess there could be a neutral/third party out there, but the results from last night do not give any particular indication of that. (But I guess it could be a non-killing neutral or I don't). This sort of speculation is going to get us nowhere.

For reference, 72 hours is a lot of time. On my home site, generally we have on a 72 hour day 1 and then day phases either go to 48 hours or 24 hours, with 24 hour night phases. I guess I'm responding to this because it sounded like you were panicked about only having 72 hours.

---------- Post automerged at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Can we do Proph first? And then Jarizok? and then you as well?

---------- Post automerged at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Did you mean to bold this?

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

Tunnel tunnel tunnel.

Do you feel what tom feels in WH7?

Cuz I feel the way miner felt in WH7 :)

3. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    At this point, I feel like he only gets town points if he died there and was town.

---------- Post automerged at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Then again, him dying there if he was town would still put us in a similar place today.

---------- Post automerged at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

You weren't that smily though in WH7

---------- Post automerged at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

You don't see the world of Proph, miner, Jarizok? :(

What world do you see?

---------- Post automerged at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

yeah....

um both, and yeah I re-evaluated

I looked into Proph first out the three. There were some little things that were bothering me , though I have to thank kai's meta on him to get me looking at him more in the first place.

-Proph commenting about my great scum play on MU (no it wasn't that great of the play). It was flattery from him, but also it kind of felt like he might come back to that later and use that to fear push on me.

-Mal's push on Proph. At the time, I didn't have anything on drome or proph. I wasn't fully ready to risk pushing on him especially after I had pushed on mal for a good bit of the day. The thing that kind of bothered was him following my read and not starting up his own read.

-I was surprised that vote caught traction. But I was bothered by Proph's doubting voice near the end of the day. It felt fake in hindsight. It had pinged me in the moment, but I just didn't know what to really make of it.

-start of day 2, jarizok makes a post talking about how this is easier than he thought. that post is pretty suspicious.

-i'm probably forgetting some other suspicious things he has done.

-miner wasn't pinging me day 1. I think his confidence bothers me a bit more this game.

I think I looked more into miner because of Delphine's town flip.

As for the connections, I guess I just started seeing a pattern and let my eyes follow it.

-oh a miner being all gungho about there being 1 between majube and jarizok was kind of telling.

But I guess especially when I took a look at Jarizok's reads list, it just all seemed to click to me. (if that makes sense)

---------- Post automerged at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Um, excuse me, yes one hand it's great to know if you can trust the cop or not, wouldn't it also be great if I could get more checks and have mafia be forced to kill me?

---------- Post automerged at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

As I kind of spelled out earlier,

FoS Jarizok

(Finger of Suspicion)

4. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Owner, suggesting a scum team of "These 3 people that are all scumreading each other" makes no sense to me.

That's not a scumteam that can win. That's a scumteam that gets PoE'd out by day4. That's a scumteam that needs to move and shake things to escape PoE.

The current languid pace of the game does not feel like a game where scum are set to get PoE'd out by Day4. The current languid pace of the game feels like a game where scum are in a pretty strong position.

Let me review out wagons.

5. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Owner, the major reason I agreed to move off of your lynch D1 despite your claim and related behavior was because if you survived that night we could get confirmation of your alignment out of lynching you post-results-delivered D3. Otherwise you and I would not be having this conversation right now and we'd already know for sure if you are scum or not.

You town-read me for my 'big blocks of text' but here's the thing;
    A. in my last game I pulled a gambit with a massive wall where I was essentially straight up lying. Have you actually read what I've been posting?
    B. I'd like your response to my #833.

And while I'm at it... I've pinged you twice now asking this, so I'm curious why you are so reluctant; what is your role name?

6. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Ok, three things:

1. Proph is town. Please remove yourself from that wagon, if you happen to be on it.

2. If you have Majube in the top half of your readwall, please do so more vigorously with the people voting him. This thread has been incredibly tepid because people are stating reads and arguing about phrasing BUT NOT actually fighting about read differences.

3. If you have Bill Door in the top half of your readwall, please do the same.

---------- Post automerged at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 23:18 ----------

People that it is acceptable to wagon toDay:

Bill Door, KaiDASH, miner11121, The Waco Kid, Majube

7. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I claimed that yesterday. *sighs*

8. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Sorry, I don't remember you doing that. Could you link to it or claim again?

9. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Some scum teams play like that. Not every mafia will have the dream team playing.

---------- Post automerged at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Look again. I claimed it in multiple spots. That should narrow it down.

10. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Owner, you're missing my point. I'm not saying that they're unlikely to be a scumteam because scumteams have to have good players. I'm saying they're unlikely to be a scumteam because if that's the team, they're not currently trying to win.

Do you think that this gamestate is a gamestate where the scumteam would have already given up?

---------- Post automerged at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:36 ----------

Sure, claim it in another spot, right after this post. There are reasons to be coy about things. I can't see any reasons for you to be coy about this. If you refused and cited *REASONS* I'd probably stop bothering you, but you've said the knowledge is already public.

11. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    That font is tiny, but I'll get to it tomorrow after work. Night everyone.

12. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

owner, iirc, Zenzao has been asking for your flavor "character" name not the role

13. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    I also don't understand your suspicion of Proph. Like, if he was scum, couldn't he have just lurked out the day and let you get lynched?

14. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    [​IMG]

Why do you have to be so dense?

I don't see how Proph can be town.

---------- Post automerged at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

I've posted 4 Snape pictures now, if my memory serves. Most of them were posted yesterday though, when or before he asked.

---------- Post automerged at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

maybe, but I wasn't suspicious of him at the time. I wasn't really suspicious of his teammates either.

I'm overdo to get a shower and go to bed.

---------- Post automerged at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Though in one game that I played with Snowvon and fontisian, there was a mafia role that would kill 3 people if mafia could correctly guess who 3 people were both their character names and their roles. That would be the reason why I might be hesitant to directly claim said information.

15. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Owner, you seemed pretty convinced by Kai's meta on proph. Let me add my own meta:

Proph would absolutely offer to let himself be lynched as town, and it isn't some goofy thing that scum!proph does.

AND his "I've got a bad feeling about this" is something I've discussed with him a bunch of times. Lynches that feel easy are always on town. Last minute lynches that don't get any pushback are always on town. If you have enough people around, flashwagons are great for getting info because you can reverse course if you're too successful. We were slightly too close to deadline and didn't have a good alternative for anybody that thought both you and proph were town. My only regret is not making the flashwagon target Bill instead of Delphine. So his posts there were both what I was thinking at the time AND something I've seen him post before as town.

Scum!proph does not have the balls to do what proph did yesterDay. That's why I went from voting /for/ him to voting /with/ him.

The reason I didn't proclaim this from the rooftops earlier in the day is because I felt very sure that the scumteam would push on proph toDay and wanted to wait until his wagon took the lead.

---------- Post automerged at 23:55 ---------- Previous post was at 23:52 ----------

Hey, The Waco Kid , who's the scum currently voting Proph?

Same question to owner, Majube, and KaiDASH .

16. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pro-tip; highlight the selected text from the 'full post' window instead of the 'quick post' option on most pages and select the 'Sizes' option to adjust to a comfortable reading size.

On one hand; very convenient to pick the Half-blood Prince for a fake!cop role claim as scum. On the other hand, I can see Fonti/Snow doing so. I do not like this additional snafu because it calls into doubt my read on you and that means I need to reexamine my reads.

Sounds like a souper. We had that in Narutomafia, though with the additional clause of being ousted in-thread at the first wrong guess. But in a game this small I don't see that being a role included under a good balance. Also, good night.

So the claims at present are;
    Proph - Harry Potter, VT.
    owner - Snivellus, VT.

---------- Post automerged at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------

EBWOP: Dammit, I was thinking of Delphine still when I wrote the last. *Snivellus, Parity Cop.

17. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

V/LA until Friday morning

I promise I will do my best to actively engage in the thread then.

18. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I'm torn looking at the Bill & Majube wagons. I'm LT'ing Bill on primarily a meta read, while I'm not high on Majube (see below). OTOH, the wagon on Bill looks a lot better than the one on Majube.

If you've been reading my posts, I think it's pretty obvious where I stand on this. I really don't see town!owner, and the claim is what's keeping me in check from re-starting that wagon.

Majube, as much as I disliked him yesterday, has thrown me for a loop in a bad way today. He's mixed in a couple of posts that sound really good, as if from an experienced player, and then the next post or so regresses to his D1 chaos. Add in the mirroring tell i'm seeing today. It's bothering me.

My usual strategy for dealing with Kai is: keep him in the POE and see how it goes. I don't really have a good idea on him.

unvote

---------- Post automerged at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

Re: How I've handled Proph today: After my disaster in WH5, where I could figure out Proph was town until too late, I wanted to push on that read today in search of some clarity. Was also hoping my apparent change in focus would cause some of the other people I was reading to give off a tell in the mean-time.

---------- Post automerged at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

For the sake of completeness Mallorean Thug, this is Jarizok most recent post, where he appeared to try to vote for Proph but it wasn't counted due to incorrect format.

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Really Majube? I was afk ToDay cause I legit had IRL stuff that 100% took precedence over mafia.

Well, I'm pretty convinced that Citrus is town atm. It seems Delphine was right about him just needing a day to rev up.

Vote: Majube

20. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

EBWOP: After my disaster in WH5, where I couldn't figure

---------- Post automerged at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

@HF, you going to be on for a bit?