1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Is this because I'm reading you as town or because of other things?

---------- Post automerged at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

fair enough, I'll look to see if I can find an actual quote of him that spells it out better.

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

owner

I'm trying to lynch all the scum. I'm trying to lynch them in the order of likelihood to be scum. For me, those two look the most scummy. I'm willing to reconsider if I'm wrong there.

As for pushing on more inexperienced players, it's a matter of me having been there before very recently and inexperienced players being easier to read.

If I'm wrong about Maj/Jarizok I'll start looking at others. For now, I'm taking others' word for reads because I just don't have the time atm to trawl through threads of games on different sites to pick up on meta. Plus, I don't think I'm experienced enough to look for certain tells either.

Like, right now, the only person I can really try to read is mal, because I've played with him a lot. But I think he's town because his behaviour has not changed much from all the games I played with him in which he was all town. Zenzao I would like to say is town, but Mimefia is a weird setup.

I moved my vote to Delphine because it was 7 votes at Dayend and I'd rather not have shit pop up and it wind up being a no lynch. I believe Zenzao was the one who wanted both Waco and I to move. I was in no way convinced on the Delphine lynch, but it was better than a no lynch.
    The Waco Kid

If I'm right about Maj, I'm feeling fairly confident about subsequent lynches. owner day 3 so we can be sure about her checks, and then proph day 4 is a possibility. If things have not become obvious by day 4, I'll actually read through all the threads that have been linked. It'll be during Thanksgiving, I'll have more time.

TL:DR: Not confident about day 4, mostly confident about everything else.

And WH7 was a disaster, I freely admit that. You can read the difference in my play whatever way you want, but I don't want you guys to think that WH7 is a good representation of how I play in the future.

3. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

What happened to fantasystrike?

---------- Post automerged at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

I'm not necessarily against lynching kai but I don't see the reason to move to him off majube. Majube has been explicitly scummy, Kai has just had an absence of any real townness. I lynch the explicitly scummy one everytime there.

There's also the fact that Kai never endgames. He always gets lynched by poe or nk'd eventually.

4. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    FWIW, I'll be afk for about six hours. Going on a short trip with my family. Once we get back I'll answer anything directed my way but don't hold up the thread waiting on me.

5. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Proposal for Zenzao, mallorean_thug, The Waco Kid, or Citrus

I'm not going to be here at the end of the day, but I still want Prophylaxis lynched.

I really do think he's scum, and I do want to lynch him today.

So I want to get help from one or more of you to get the wagon on him today.

If I'm wrong, whoever helps me out will get to direct where my vote goes tomorrow, though I will not vote for myself. If there's more than one of you helping out and I'm wrong, then it will randomly decided who gets to control my vote for the following days. (so if 3 of you helped me out then b would randomly get the first day, c would randomly get the second day, and a would randomly get the third day to decide where my vote will go) And, if I am wrong, you can still decide that I should vote on my own instead of following someone. Also, if I am wrong, I might still fight you tooth and nail on your decision, but at least, I would be humbled that I was wrong.

But I don't feel like I'm wrong. And I'm feeling incredibly confident that he's scum. If I'm right, then I'm right, and we move on and maybe you vote with me on the next person idk. I'm not thinking that far ahead yet.

TL;DR: I'm offering, the people at the top of this post, a proposal to vote with me and get Proph lynched today. If I'm wrong, they get my vote for the following day/days. If I'm right, one less scum in the world and maybe they'll listen to me. I don't know; there's not really any specific things they need to do if I win.

---------- Post automerged at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

I'm going to now be cleaning my room and having lunch and not paying attention to the thread for a little while.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Well. Overnight was pretty freaking lackluster.

I have phone access only for the next couple hours, and then I should have computer access, but I'll be checking in occasionally as I can. Can someone post an updated vote counts please?

---------- Post automerged at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

It would be best if we don't wait til T-minus 2 hours to consolidate/flash vote yeah?

7. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Hi owner, I'm vetoing that plan. I would also veto it if you made the same offer about any other player in the game. Vote swaps and promises of future favors are always bad, and always obfuscate people's votes showing their opinions.

Your case on Proph is unconvincing, and you still haven't addressed why Proph didn't just let you die yesterday.

---------- Post automerged at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

I work until deadline. Sorry.

I'll grab a quick break later to possibly move my vote. I think I prefer Kai actually, but would probably consolidate onto Bill before majube. Unless something exciting happens before deadline.

I'm going to reject any flash wagons not on those 3 I think? You'd have to make a serious case about all 3 of them being town for me to consider it.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Thoughts on #994? Specifically the part about Bill door

9. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    It was either a mistake on his part or a smart move, as most people won't question him for keeping the cop alive.

---------- Post automerged at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

If Delphine had been a PR, this would be a different story though.

---------- Post automerged at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Yeah vote swaps are bad, but frankly I don't see anything else that I could possibly trade you.

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

owner
    For completion's sake: getting me to vote a specific player is based off convincing me they should be lynched, not the degree to which you'd be willing to sleep me afterwards if you're wrong.

And besides, the inverse of your logic should hold too anyways (if you're wrong and town, and you have townreads on certain players with differing reads from you, you should trust those players' reads more than you would have if you were right)

---------- Post automerged at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Wow holy autocorrect batman
    Willing to sheep me afterwards***

---------- Post automerged at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

If you have thoughts on #994 actually owner, bits that you agree or disagree with specifically, I'd like to hear then actually

11. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Sleeping with you was never a part of the deal.

12. Bill Door

How would delphine being a pr make a difference?

13. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Are you looking for a general town tell? Or more or less Bill specific town tell?

Leaning town on Proph for not letting me die or what? What's V/LA stand for? He may have said that, but can't give excuses for him not being here. Just like you can't give excuses for me not being here at the end of the day.

Why kaiDASH? (just POE?) Like first you talk about Bill, then you talk about Proph, then you talk about needing to talk about Majube and then with no explanation you vote for kaiDash? Do you explain your reasons for your vote later on?

Oh, nevermind, I guess this part is directed at Kai. I didn't know he lived in Australia.

Aw, that's unfortunate. But it would probably help if my posts weren't automerging all the time. We would have been past it for sure.

---------- Post automerged at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

If Delphine was a PR, we would probably be looking more within the votes than outside the votes. Or at the very least, we would be harder on ourselves for letting the wagon get out of control like it did.

14. Bill Door

Really? Delphine being a pr couldn't have affected anyone's votes because no one could have known that she was a pr, town or scum. The wagon would have been the same. It would have sucked even more. But it wouldn't have been anymore alignment indicative.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Evidently I complain more about my lack of sleep than talk about sheep on my phone these days :nyan:

Managed to sneak my laptop out mwahaha

Total Posts: 1,011
    owner 155
    The Waco Kid 137
    Zenzao 96
    Majube 94
    mallorean_thug 89
    Jarizok 82
    Citrus 82
    miner11121 76
    Prophylaxis 42 (+ Palindrome 14 = 56)
    Bill Door 38

his fluffiness 33
    Delphine 25
    Snowvon 25
    KaiDASH 18

Noone's mentioned post counts at all this game (notably, scum!Newcomb avoided mentioning it in Witch Hunt 7). Might be a bit premature to do so yet, but here's a record of it so far. Note the orange+bolded players that have wagons at this time - all the lowest posting players with the exception of Majube (higher posting count with votes) and Fluffiness (lower posting count without votes). Just wanted to once again point out - if you're one of those low-posters, you're very likely indirectly responsible for the low activity toDay, because votes on you + not posting = mass lethargy. Re: if you're town, step the fuck up a bit please, unless you're all scum in which case I hope future Days have shorter deadlines because zzz

---------- Post automerged at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Responded within because it was easier with your format.

If we 100% do not lynch Prophylaxis toDay, who do you vote for + why should we lynch them over the people with wagons rn toDay?

16. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I've mentioned post count, but it also talks about not talking about people's activity in the opening post.

Anyways, I would go onto Jarizok as it would be interesting to see what miner does if one of Jarizok and Majube got lynched. And Jarizok's reads list connects the three of Proph, miner, and Jarizok together.

I have game night tonight so I'll be missing the last hour and half where votes might start to change.

---------- Post automerged at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

If you are going by post count, Majube should be read slightly more town for how active she is. Please, point me to a game where newbie mafia posts that much with posts getting automerged.

Jarizok does have a some big posts; I will admit, though the main big post of his that I think of is where he is talking about mechanics of what happened in the night.

---------- Post automerged at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

KaiDash, if we take a look at him, post count wise he has more posts than last game (WH7) where mal replace him. So that would lead me to believe, that he's generally more busy.

But, he did make one comment to say that Proph's scum range does included asking to be lynched.

^^ Me: Why aren't more people wary of this?

In other games such as Tinyhunt 6 and Concussion, he made roughly 50 post. All three games, he was town. So him having a low post wouldn't necessarily make him scum here, or does someone have some scum meta on him that we could compare and contrast with?

17. Bill Door

Just because something is possibly in his scumrange doesn't make it remotely likely. The simplest explanation almost always the best.

My impression of Kai is that his activity is fairly consistent town or scum, especially early game. He's more likely to do stuff later in the game as town.

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Right (he said Proph did that because he's scum). And I lean towards disagreeing. Which is a pretty fundamental difference in reads which has a fairly significant bearing on what happens for the rest of toDay.

Question - owner, what is your actual read on kai? Because you're advocating pretty strongly for him all of a sudden. Like are you saying he should be null-not-scumread or town-not-scumread?

19. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Remember, he was on the line to possibly get lynched. So he might have not really had much time to plan it all out.

Maybe, he remembers Delphine has said that she wasn't going to be around. That makes pushing on her easier as there's no much opportunity for her to fight back.

And it's also convenient as that's also where my vote already is.

Maybe, he was feeling nice since I wasn't pushing against him.

But i had nothing on him at the time so me voting (at the time) would have seemed opportunistic and self pres if he flipped town.

But no one has ever really followed me like that or trusted my reads without me either pushing hard or having a check, so that was kind of an anomaly to me.

Also, Proph totally flipping his initial town of Delphine in hindsight looks kind of bad.

Or maybe it was the post where he said he trusted me and then proceed to follow my vote that triggered me.

Think about it. How I claimed? When I claimed? How does he trust me with such certainty?

Like yes, he used he thinks I'm town for not voting for him, but is that really a strong enough reason to call me town?

Bill is frustrated and voting for me.

Zenzao is listing a gazillion reasons why the claim is bad and later votes on me.

Mal and Waco are talking with me trying to see my view.

Mal starts another wagon.

But still I pushed on the both mal and waco like the whole day already.

Maybe, Proph did it to try to pocket me?

Practically everyone else is reading me scummy, as my actions probably suggested that you should be suspicious of me from what all went down.

But, out of nowhere, Proph believes me enough to vote with me? Mal isn't even at that stage yet, and he's already been trying to form a wagon elsewhere.

I guess what I'm saying is that Proph was struggling to read me as scum because he knew I was town.

Like, I guess I'm saying is look at all the reactions to my claim yesterday, which one in particular doesn't match the others? Proph's reaction doesn't match.

Bill's reaction matches Zenzao's reaction. If you or anyone is strongly reading Zenzao town, what's stopping you for reading Bill as town?

---------- Post automerged at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Mal said that in order for him vote for proph. There would have to be strong cases as to why kai, bill or majube are town.

Kai is in my POE town. If Jarizok, Proph, and miner aren't 3 hits, kai might be back in the null pile.

20. Bill Door

I mean the entire game doesn't revolve around people's reactions to your claim.