1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

You say you checked Proph N2, but why would you do that when you already thought he was townish before that? Why not check someone you were more unsure on?

2. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Fluff, because other people were not going to continue to by lynch candidates until they died.

And because despite any posturing in the thread, I'm always far less certain about things than what I say I am. Not admitting doubt is a tactic for me, not a mode of thought. The fact that most of the game was against me and that I haven't actually played with scum!Proph made me want to check my answer.

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Why lie about your claim?

4. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    I already said that.

An odd night cop doesn't get a check tonight. An even night cop does.

Do you think Bill Door is scum, and the scumteam had already seen through my lie?

If you mean, "Why lie if you were going to immediately retract it?", we'll I thought I'd have more time to play before deadline. But then my schedule changed and I had to work today so . . .

5. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

So do you think that Owner's claim is also true? As in town have two different cop roles?

6. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    I've never believed owner's claim. But two weak investigative roles isn't impossible (even night cop usually only gets 1 check, if that) and I'm not going to setup game.

However, I strongly believe Majube's n1 protect claim though, so owner can wait until we massclaim toMorrow.

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

How in the world can anyone townread you? You've been trying to save Proph since d1, while simultaneously pushing randomly onto people. You've pushed a different person on practically every day, and so far you've been wrong about at least one (I don't have time to reread d1/d2 right now) which was Zenzao.

Also, your PoE is just wrong. There's 8 alive. If Citrus is town, then PoE for 2 scum would be between Kai, me, Bill, and fluff for scum. If Citrus is scum, then PoE for one scum is between the same 4. fluff is as far as I know universally townread, so there'd be one scum between me, Kai, and Bill. That's a 1/3 chance of winning the game in F4 situation.

Yeah, not buying your claim at all, and the follow-up posts are just awful.

I also love the fact that you're waffling over owner. You say you trust Maj's doc claim, but you crumb the fact that you've always suspected owner's claim. This feels like setting up a mislynch in the future.

---------- Post automerged at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

I should mention, if Proph and mal are both town, Citrus is definitely scum, so only world 2 applies above.

8. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    If you never believed it, why did you start a wagon elsewhere on day 1?

What do mean by wait until we massclaim tomorrow? We've both already claimed have we not?

---------- Post automerged at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Lying about your supposed claim does not get you any brownie points with me.

---------- Post automerged at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Mal claiming even night cop just sets him up to be supposedly blocked tomorrow, I don't buy it.

9. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Lol, pot meet kettle.

---------- Post automerged at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

Owner think about it this way. We can't /both/ claim to be blocked, so one way or the other, this will be resolved tomorrow.

I know that doesn't help you trust me toDay, but I don't seem to have the votes to save Proph anyways. I need 2/3 of you/Bill/Kai, and I was honestly never counting on changing your mind. But the fact that Bill didn't change his mind kind of seals the deal.

10. Bill Door

Yeah, I'm not really buying what Mal is selling here. I'm still down to lynch proph.

---------- Post automerged at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Like, I can maybe buy waiting to claim but I can't get the idea that there are two town info roles in a game this small.

---------- Post automerged at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

I realise that's setup gaming which is /bad/ but when a bunch of stuff that makes no sense happens I'm inclined to revert to what I already thought was best.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Votecount 4.04

Prophylaxis (5): owner, KaiDASH, Bill Door, miner11121, Citrus
    Citrus (3): his fluffiness, Prophylaxis, mallorean_thug

Abstaining (0):

With 8 alive, it's 5 to Soft Lynch and 6 to Hard Lynch!

Day 4 will end Sunday, November 27th at 2100 EST (extended by an additional 48 hours due to the holidays) or immediately following a Hard Lynch. A new timer is available here.

Previous Votals: 1.01 | 1.02 | 1.03 | 1.04 | 1.05 | 1.06 | 1.07 | 1.08 [Final] ||| 2.01 | 2.02 | 2.03 | 2.04 | 2.05 | 2.06 | 2.07 | 2.08 [Final] ||| 3.01 ||| 4.01 | 4.02 | 4.03

12. Bill Door

Actually wait, does anyone think there is a possibility of a proph/citrus scumteam? Like at all? Because if we can confidently say they're unaligned then lynching citrus is just as good as lynching proph. Maybe?

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Would it be better to lynch mal before we lynch proph?

14. Bill Door

No, a mal scum flip doesn't necessarily mean proph scum or proph town. And a mal town flip only gives us the same as a proph town flip with the downside of killing a possible town pr

---------- Post automerged at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

We also only have like 2 hours left and possibly lots of people afk. Starting a whole new wagon seems impractical. I think it's between proph and citrus at this point

---------- Post automerged 28-11-2016 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 27-11-2016 at 11:56 PM ----------

Okay so proph scum flip almost certainly means mal scum. Citrus scum flip doesn't strictly clear anyone else, makes proph real unlikely to be scum I guess.

Proph town flip doesn't strictly mean mal town and doesn't give a huge amount about anyone else. Citrus town flip also doesn't say much, I think.

That makes proph flip more informative? I think?

---------- Post automerged at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Urgh, anyone else feel free to chime in on this. I'd prefer not to be talking to myself.

15. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I think your reasoning is correct? Gimme a sec to double check.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

Proph and Citrus are almost definitely unaligned. There's no way they're both scum, since that would mean that town!mal is fake-claiming to lynch one scum while protecting another scum for the entirety of the game. Which I don't think is what happened at all. They're also likely not to be both town because one of them are in pretty much every world there is right now.

We are not doing a new wagon. Citrus or Proph will give the most information. I agree with Bill's analysis on the information given by the flips of both players, and so I'm sticking with my Proph vote unless someone has a refutation.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Ok, let's say you have a gun and have to shoot one of Mallorean and Owner. You are also told there is exactly 1 town and 1 scum amongst them. Which do you shoot at this moment?

Except that's the literal definition of being a leading wagon, plus taking into account thread context which was somewhere between 'lynch proph' and 'we need to consolidate on someone guys'

And why exactly are you ignoring Owner in your proposed PoE? Oh right, because you're not a town investigative. Zzz 0/10 for inconsistency

18. Miner

Miner Order Member

mal

/10char

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Would it have still been Mallorean before he changed his claim?

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

Yes.

/10char