1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'd also like to express my disappointment that Palindrome replaced out of being Harry Potter.

:p

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

After reading obs I maintain my opinion that this game made no fucking sense.

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Kudos to Citrus on completely fooling me btw. Probably would have tried to lynch Mal if I'd lived given his push on me, but I feel I would have gotten to miner sooner rather than later.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

Most of obs seemed to have had me down as scum. I guess we just killed correctly?

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I'm actually thinking of dusting off Narutomafia (and maybe change it around a little) soon if there's enough interest.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

At one point miner was like

"yeah sure we can mislynch Proph!"

and no one but mal pushed that.

7. H_A_Greene

High Score:
  8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I noted it, then completely forgot about it.

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

Lol as soon as I typed that one out I think I had an internal "oops" moment.

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

General thoughts on the game:
    I was looking to promote good play over concrete information, which the roles reflect. In addition to taking the regular cop role and smashing it with a nerf hammer, I included the role block, serial killer (who would be checked as different from the mafia), and the commuter (who cannot be checked while commuting, but who's role can be confirmed) and . I expected the cop to clear themselves and another person at best.

To counter this, I gave town a doctor and a commuter, which, if used well, give an opportunity for more lynches. The roleblocker, as long as they are alive, prevents a follow the cop strategy, where the cop comes out and the doctor simply protects them every night.

The mafia team and serial killer were each given a bulletproof, because scum are historically weak on dlp, and I didn't want to help that along by having scum accidentally murder each other easily.

The modkill was unfortunate, and the subsequent Day end was more so, as it essential put the town in lylo after one mislynch. Citrus pointed out in the mafia qt that killing Zenzao without giving the mafia a kill helped town. I disagree, partially because of the information I had regarding the serial killer and the commuter and partially because Zenzao has a decent history of not being lynched.

The play itself was a bit underwhelming. I would remind town to analyze both the scum mindset and town mindset in situations to determine which one makes more sense. Typically, townies are the ones making the weirdest plays.

Jarizok, you seem to have a lot of potential and I appreciate your enthusiasm. Zenzao, sorry about the modkill, but I also expect you to know better. Congrats to Citrus for escaping the horror of being caught scum. Bill, good job in the endgame. Consider trying to push for another lynch earlier, next time.

And, thanks to Palindrome for giving the game a try. Sorry it didn't work out.

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I would have lynched miner, though I'll admit that lynching you over cirtus in lylo would have been a hard sell.

12. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    It shouldn't have been.

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

yo fonti does this mean I can be your apprentice?

(please teach me I still know nothing about this game)

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Drop any questions you have for improving your in game in your qt, miner.

15. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Congrats to scum on the win.

mal played very well imo.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I am now mal's #1 fan.

17. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I vote his fluffiness for town MVP

18. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Sorry guys, I just couldn't be around today. If I hadn't stayed up half the night, I probably would have posted my thoughts on how Citrus and Jarizok were connected.

So that I doubted you mal.

I should have kept my read on miner.

And overall, I shouldn't have claimed day 1.

I guess on and off I was out of it.

---------- Post automerged at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

I had my uncle's funeral to go to this afternoon. He's still alive, but we thought it best to have it while he's still with us.

Sorry Mal. Life is more important. I was also going to be visiting my sister on Saturday so that would have been another day where I was afk.

I thought about mentioning that I would be away today, but originally I didn't how long I would be gone for.

---------- Post automerged at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

*sorry

10 char

19. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Town this game:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scum:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

Sorry to hear about that.

20. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Delphine, you say you weren't in my face in that game, but from my perspective you were.

I didn't read the whole thing. I just can't deal with it right now. But I'm kind of the place where I'm not sure if I'll play here again.

---------- Post automerged at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

part of does kind of regret being so stubborn on proph when we could have lynched Citrus that day

---------- Post automerged at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

mal, i just wished you didn't lie. the dumbledore claim didn't do it for me because Professor Quirrell had flipped. I mean I know Snape and Dumbledore are the good guys, but I was too stuck in my narrow minded ways. I probably also should have just sheeped proph kind of in the end.

Citrus I had connected with Jarizok. Mal had made two comments to Citrus and Jarizok that sounded like coaching, but I guess it would have been hard to pull off if they were actually teammates together.

---------- Post automerged at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

not for the whole game

---------- Post automerged at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------
    Snowvon, actually this is the 3rd game I've been cop recently. My last 4 games including this one have been Priest, Mafia Roleblocker, Cop and Tracker, and then this game Parity Cop.