1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy XV

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Sep 19, 2014.

?

How are you liking the game so far?

1. Meh, it ain't no <insert your favorite FF>

5.3%
  2. It's okay, there are bits I don't like and bits I like.

23.7%
  3. I'm enjoying it a lot! It's a fresh take on the franchise.

50.0%
  4. This is a new classic along side <insert your favorite FFs>

18.4%
  5. I haven't slept since release, plz send Ignis to cook for me.

26.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think what I like most about this game is that, due to the availability of several high level monsters and dungeons in the opening areas, it's as hard as you want to make it. You can experience boost out the wazoo and be lvl 99 before you hit chapter 8, or you can be a champion and knock out several end game dungeons when you're only L30-40.

2. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Yeah it gets old after awhile though. Doing too many side-quests detracts from the main story-line and I feel like I've burnt out before even finishing halfway through.

Gonna rush through the game now since nothing really bothers me anymore until I get to the post-game 99lvl dungeons.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Man... running Castlemark Tower at L50 is exhilarating as fuck. You have to have perfect reaction times or you get wiped like nobody's business. Tripple Red Giant + snake was heartpounding.

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

The Holiday Pack DLC contents have been leaked.

Free Version:

Warrior’s Fanfare: A scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Offense outside of training.

Nixperience Band: A device that stops experience points from being tallied, preventing the party from leveling up for an added challenge.

Carnival Passport: An adorably adorned ticket that whisks the bearer away to a fun-filled carnival for a limited time.

Choco-Mog Tee (available late January 2017): An exclusive T-shirt featuring everyone’s favorite fluffy and feathery friends. Colorful, comfy and appropriate for any carnival-goer.

w/ Season Pass:

Ring of Resistance: A protective piece of jewelry that renders the entire party to be resistant to magical friendly fire.

Tech Turbocharger: A device for Noctis that accelerates the tech bar replenishment rate, but freezes the Armiger bar.

Armiger Accelerator: A device for Noctis that accelerates the Armiger bar replenishment rate, but freezes the tech bar.

Blitzer’s Fanfare: A scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Time outside of training.

Tactician’s Fanfare: A scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Finesse outside of training.

Key of Prosperity: A lucky charm that increases the rate at which fallen foes leave behind items of value.

Stamina Badge: A device that enables Noctis to sprint and hang without expending stamina.

Carnival Passport: An adorably adorned ticket that whisks the bearer away to a fun-filled carnival for a limited time.

Festive Ensemble (available late January): A fancy and fun outfit perfectly suited for enjoying the festivities. The darling design puts all who see it in high spirits

Holiday Pack + Exclusive Photo Frames (available late January): Additional themes the player can add to Prompto’s photos when sharing over social media.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Warrior's / blitzees fanfare probably makes ap farming way quicker

6. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Presuming those are not either/or separate listings, would that mean that the season pass gets a second carnival passport?

7. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Try going at the post-game Costlemark dungeon lvl. 99, it's fun... On the other hand, Adamantoise was kinda boring.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    Adamantoise was just stupid. The lockon was so fucked.

Naglfar was challenging. I magicked the shit out of him.

9. Tairi-chan

Tairi-chan Squib

High Score:
    I love Final Fantasy series for its perfectly beautiful main characters (most of them, at least). They are so different from what I've seen in Skyrim or Inquisition (I can't even play this games because of characters ugliness). So, I'm slightly dissapointed that FFXV turn out to be more "western realistic" in art style, with characters, who're still good looking, but not perfect anymore. I'll hope it will not become a new trend.

10. Gengar

High Score:
  11. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

That was the best part of the game though. I loved that the characters had a more "mature" look than the usual FF game. I wished they'd gone further down that route because the main case still looked like the usual boy band troupe that FF tends to churn out.

12. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Now I suddenly feel like ranking the modern male FF protags based on handsomeness.

1. Squall
    2. Noctis
    3. Cloud
    4. Zidane
    5. Tidus

Hmmh, 15 is still the second worst mainline FF I've played. I'm still in chapter 10 and I haven't played in over a week. Don't really have the motivation. I'll definitely finish it this month though. At least I don't actively dislike it.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Squall? Whatever, take him, but come back to me when you get to the end of the game and see 30yo Noct

14. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

I think the plot failed for FFXV due to the episodic style Squeenix is trying to go for.

I barely felt anything at all when stuff happened since there wasn't any build-up at all. Most of it were done off-stage unlike FFX.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    I think the plot failed because Nomura bit off more than he could chew, then the big wigs put Tabata in charge to salvage the project and make a game out of the pieces left over.

I think that shows super hard from Altissia onwards.

I bet the continent where Altissia/Tenebrae is on was supposed to be explorable like Lucis. As well as Insomnia and Altissia being actual cities we could explore.

Having said all that, I cared way more about these characters (specifically the dudes. Luna was short changed imo) than any other FF cast.

It honestly triggers me when I see people saying myurboybandmyur etc and so on.

16. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

They do look like a Japanese boy band and it took me a while to get over that, but once I did I really enjoyed the bromance. Easily the best part of the game.

17. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    SO looking at getting the PC version of this?

Worth it?

18. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I quit in... Altissia? And never continued. Been over a year since. Thinking the same thing, would it be worth it to give it another try, but with the base game I own already or get for pc with all the dlcs and bonuses and shit that apparently made the game better? I already ran the benchmark and everything, but I'm still hesitant to spend any money on what I consider a trash FF.

19. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They have added mod support.

Steam workshop

So that’s interesting