1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AYAW #4 - Rock Ridge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Waco Kid, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

What point would you like me to elaborate on?

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Von is basically my mafia boyfriend so I tend to write him off as town if he gives me any townvibes whatsoever and only re-evaluate given a reason to. *shrug*

---------- Post automerged at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

You expect me to be actual game solving when it was still the middle of RVS with very little actual content?

Damn, high expectations then. Okay.

---------- Post automerged at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Er, Quiddity my above post looks odd so let me put it in perspective. I've townteamed with Von, been on scumteams with Von, have run several games where Von has been scum, so I know his thought process and how he works and unless I get triggered by anything he says it's usually safe for me to assume he's on my side.

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

He can do that without being your alignment.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

shut up Miner you smell bad

5. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I don't expect you to be game solving at this point, no. I'm saying your posts felt like you were pretending to do just that though.

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

If this is so concerning to you, the fact that I've offered previous games and you haven't even cared enough to ask for them says to me that you're content with not trying to think from different angles and that isn't a town mindset to have.

7. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

So I have to read everyone's match history now? The fact that my thinking your scum means so much to you isn't very townie either. It's not like you're remotely close to being lynched, why should you care one person has an early vote on you?

8. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm always obv town.

Not a read question, more a posting style question. Is this Cobalt or DLP-Cobalt?

In general? Absolutely. To be the first in at D1 start, especially at an odd time? That rings a bit scummier.

Debatable in general but this setup comes down to personal play. Get townread and win. It's a different ball game then something like Witch Hunt.

---------- Post automerged at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

@fluffy get in here. Actualy thoughts on Jarizok?

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

The one where you were third party being pushed on by obvious scum?

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

No the one where I was scum and absent for day 1 and my whole team got steamrolled and I survived til F3 :rip:

---------- Post automerged at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Where exactly did I express concern that I'm going to be lynched?

The reason why I've focused on your vote for me is because you've done so with little town-motivated reasons in my opinion.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

Rude.

Anywho, Cobalt, it's funny that you're bringing up MM7, and I'd like to once again pose this question to those who played in that game, does anyone else get a vibe from Cobalt like MM7?

Koalas I was the first in at daystart..

---------- Post automerged at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------
    tom Snowvon

Everyone has now posted. Do either of you guys still believe that those who hadn't posted when you made the "everyone not posting is a wolf" comment holds true?

his fluffiness

What Koalas said. Do you stand by your RVS?

Bill Door

Why Quiddity over Cobalt?

12. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ... people posting first miner. Not whoever was literally first.

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

:) I just wanted credit for the first game where I got first post.

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Pockety.
    You're probably a wolf.

---------- Post automerged at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

Probably bill's buddy.

---------- Post automerged at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Hey. Back off.
    That's my von reading method.

15. fontisian

Once upon a time, there was a wee bab who discovered forum mafia. She studied dozens of games and try harder like hell. When her first mafia aligned cale, she crushed, because she understood the implicit things the community unwisely townread.

And she kept playing for years. She found herself townread or scumread regardless of her actual contributions to the game. She witnessed new biases arise, some in herself, and watched them fuck over those who followed them instead of using their brains. She stated her mind simply, and found herself attacked by those who would have thought her town had she sucked it up and lied. She got angry and raged, but found it unsatisfying. She grew bored with bring mafia and saddened by being town.

But she loved it, for the thrill of discovery, the high of a good argument, the joy of friends working together. She honed understanding individuals above all else, because that's what fascinated her. And her she is, terrible at being honest, riding on reputation, and certain in her ability to solve this game, at least for herself.

Also, she forgot to pm miner about his scum game. Her bad.

I hope that answers your question.

Cobalt comes from a site where he knows everyone very well and consequently has excellent reads. He takes his deserved abrasive and tunneling attitude from that site to others. His scum game has the twin sins of a complete lack of effort and blatant oportunism. When I call him an easy read, I mean it. One simply has to know how.

I think, with low certainty, that Kalas is town, because he is unlikely to open the game insultingly as scum.

Miner, I dislike the way you overplayed an old joke in lui of content, as it is an easy defense mechanism, but liked your questions about Jarizok to Bill enough yo override the impulse to wagon you.

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Wolves in quid/fluffy/bill.

17. fontisian

Ah, the one where your complete unenthusiasm for playing scum and dumb luck combined to save you for a couple days.

18. Miner

Miner Order Member

Sounds like my future...

I thought you never got it o.o. After this game if you wouldn't mind answering that'd be great.

To everyone else who has played with fonti a lot...

Is it weird that I subconsciously want to townread her for that post but I'm still suspicious that my mind is being messed with?

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    That's perfectly normal.

---------- Post automerged at 13:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Don't everyone post at once.

---------- Post automerged at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

Weird how the most important thing that's been discussed in this game is the possibility of wagoning fonti for the lulz.
    Miner is town for it, and probably fonti too for response.
    Bill outed himself buddying fonti.
    Quid outed himself as bill's buddy by softly poking at the townread.
    Fluffy's awkward RVSing is on the backburner.

vote bill

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

DRAG ME I'm cackling

I MEAN I'd like to think my level of bullshitting and wine was pretty damn excellent at that point actually

Still feeling iffy on Fonti but a bit less so now

---------- Post automerged at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure I used the word boyfriend in some capacity so YOU back off. :mad:

---------- Post automerged at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

You're just paranoid and bitter 'cause I got you lynched.