1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AYAW #4 - Rock Ridge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Waco Kid, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

And that's, like, an acceptable state of affairs for you?

2. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    In what regard?

3. Newcomb

You feel good about the read you've got on tom right now?

4. Quiddity

High Score:
    For the rest of the game. I like Bill Door, because I read similarly to him on Cobalt in this post:

And I don't get where the number of different OMGUS posts are coming from. The 3am exchange was odd, but not moreso than Koalas part in it.

I dislike Cobalt for that exchange with Jarizok, because I agree with Jarizok on the "empty" feeling to his posts, and the early Von exchange.

---------- Post automerged at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

What?

I'd prefer to have a more clear read on him, obviously. If there was a lynch going on him right now I'd probably jump off because I'm not confident enough, but if the same thing was happening in 20 hrs I'd let him hang.

I don't understand what you're getting at in this chain?

---------- Post automerged at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

By the by, what does w/w mean?

---------- Post automerged at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Von, what places Jarizok so low?

5. Newcomb

What I'm getting at is that it feels like you're throwing some shade at tom without really committing to a read, one way or another on him, and you don't seem to have much independent drive to question him, figure him out, delve into his posts - i.e. to try to refine your read on him.

And that doesn't strike me as a particularly town mindset. Basically, you're a big fat null on tom despite having said some ~things~ about him, and you don't seem too interested in going further with it, and I'm not sure I buy that from town, particularly town in your shoes, where you're one of 3-4 people who could definitely get lynched toDay.

---------- Post automerged at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

w/w is shorthand for wolf/wolf. It means people who are on the same scumteam. As opposed to w/v, wolf/villager, or v/v... you can probably figure that one out. It's shorthand to talk about unaligned or potentially knowingly aligned pairs.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

His scum role PM.

---------- Post automerged at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

Real answer: other people have posts that jump out at me as being towny.

He does not.

7. Newcomb

Okay, now I'm townreading Von.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Hint hint.

9. Quiddity

High Score:
    I mean, this is fair. But the reason that's coming through is that I've been phone posting at best and phone reading at worst basically till 15m ago, so I haven't had a chance to do broader things. Specifically at the time I was hoping to get a response from tom to the vote and the later elaboration, which is why I didn't push specifically on that score.

And now that I am active I'm looking at a situation where I haven't had much more come from him that I've seen worthy of poking at, and, as you say, there are a limited number of people who can still be lynched. tom doesn't appear to be on that list.

I'm not saying null, I'm saying scum-lean, but less confident than I was.

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

If BD is really conf!scum like y'all believe, then I'm not sure if Quid is selling out for his partner or my read is just wrong.

Because I'm seeing BD/Quid as aligned as of right now.

The problem is that Q has said some things that could be construed as either alignment. For example, newcomb mentioned how he's got a read on tom but no committal to him either way and scum reads him for it. But to me, that's something Id do as town for fear of being wrong and because I dont trust myself this early on.

Essentially not sure if I should defer judgement and believe in the BD scum read, or if I should read Q as town.

Or they're just not aligned and I'm being an idiot.

11. Quiddity

High Score:
    Including Bill?

12. Newcomb

Miner.

Do something for me.

So a little bit ago, fonti made the post you're referring to where she called Bill confirmed scum.

Why do you think she said that?

She was reacting to one of Bill's posts, right?

Which post?

What do you think she saw? Is the think you think she saw something you agree with? Why or why not? What do you think it says about fonti's alignment?

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

I should point out, though, that I do agree with Bill's posts being a little weird and not at all like HP mafia.

14. Quiddity

High Score:
    Wait, so you read BD as town and me as scum, and are trying to fit those together?

I'm kinda confused about your thought processes here.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Did I do something special?

16. Newcomb

Don't you always?

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Including Bill.

Also the overlord says he scumclaimed, and she's never wrong.

---------- Post automerged at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

That's not an answer.

18. Quiddity

High Score:
    Miner is derp/noobtown for me, btw, rather than scum. I don't see the confusion of posts as coming from scum, both in terms of the lack of calculation and also in terms of the way the mistakes are being made seeming to come from a genuine effort towards hunting rather than the way scum has to fake it.

Rereading him and Bill to see which I'd jump on first.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

1) cuz she thinks he scum told... Like was that question rhetorical or something?

2) the one where he mentions using tmrw to catch up. Phone posting rn so hard to link.

3) she saw that he's putting out fillery posts which are both useless and trying to address his sort of lurky status without actually providing anything useful. I see this. I'd like to see what he does tmrw before I decide an alignment for lynch though.

4) I can't read fonti. Gun to my head she's town. If she wagons two people and neither turn out to be scum (unless one is like... Conf scum or something) I will definitely be paranoid.

---------- Post automerged at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

I haven't read either one of you as anything.

And yup, noob town here.

---------- Post automerged at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

This post triggers me.

20. Newcomb

I think the line about Jarizok's scum role PM making him that low was a little too sassy for scum!you here.