1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AYAW #4 - Rock Ridge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Waco Kid, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

That's not quite what I said. I said that I was reading at various times during that Day Bill and Quiddity as mafia, and wasn't really looking at what they were saying about you through the lens of "is this right", it was more focused on what it said about /their/ alignments. Now that they're confirmed town, I think it's a good idea for everyone to actually do that knowing they're not being at all deceptive with whatever reads they gave.

As an aside as someone who dies pretty early in most games I tend to think that town should do this more often; i.e. go read a dead town's iso and consider their PoV.

My vote on you actually has more to do with, shall we say, wanting to go on an adventure and seeing where it leads us?

To be brutally honest and perhaps ruin what I was trying to go for (although probably not because you're smart enough to read this play as mafia here, probably), I feel like you bleed town under pressure, and your alignment will be more obvious with the branch creaking underneath your feet.

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Are you.

Arguing for Newcomb to present more legitimate reasons to scumread you?

As in true reasons to scumread you? Reasons you can't argue against?

---------- Post automerged at 01:40 ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 ----------

Because if you're town, and you think Newcomb is town, you don't really want him to waste his time casing you. Especially since if you ARE town, every single reason he could come up with to scumread you would be /wrong/. So you asking him to find better reasons to vote you is ???.

I don't get it.

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    The part of this opening salvo directed at von feels like a really slithery pocket.
    The whole exchange is very "I'ma make you earn your townread"
    But, like, he didn't. Not that quick.

I'd love to hear why he was scumleaning fonti, because the only other mentions of fonti in his early iso are this:
    Which is in response to fonti's very next post after he said he was scumreading her...
    And then this:
    Where he changes his mind in the wake of fonti townreading him.

So we've got "who are you scumreading?"
    "me too!"
    "see, this is me scumreading her"
    "oh nevermind she thinks I'm town"

IDK. This progression seems too convenient.
    And I don't think fonti actually said anything alignment indicative during the whole exchange.

4. Newcomb

I'm like, so ride or die with Snowvon right now it's not even possible that he's mafia. This is a read I really hope I'm never ever wrong on because boy will I look dumb at some point but he's just got the 100% Newcomb seal of approval at this point.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Okay. Put it this way.

I respect an actual well-built case with reasons more than I respect voting me because lol two people who didn't like me flipped town so lynch me.

Obviously he'd be wrong with everything else he can come up with too, but I'd actually have something to work with and to post about and explain against other than what has basically been empty air so far, ESPECIALLY from the likes of Tom who has yet to provide any actual reasons for "vibing" me scum or whatever the hell he said.

So no, I don't WANT him to come up with a better case. But I'd EXPECT him to do so because he's Newcomb and he ain't no bitch either.

As it stands, there's not much I can say to refute a reason to vote me when that reason is basically nonexistent.

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I don't think there was a good reason to talk about either part unless you were using it to determine someone's alignment.
    You just commented on the one part that made you look good.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Never say ride or die ever again I get nasty TH5 flashbacks Newcomb! :mad:

---------- Post automerged at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

And what about the other part makes me look bad?

8. Newcomb

fontisian

Talk to me about what was going through your mind in each of these posts:

Context of that one was us talking about Bill Door.

You quoted tom's post in the post where you voted Bill.

Context was us talking about daychat/dumbtells.

Last two were pretty close, time-wise.

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Well, the part where you shot the cop.
    If you're as good you say you are, wouldn't you have caught whatever cop tell they're talking about off quid?

10. Newcomb

Man you know I'm really kinda sad that my very first scumgame was probably and probably always will be my best one.

It really is a problem; my towngame got a lot better and my scumgame just... didn't. I wish there were an easy way to fix it but every single way I can think of involves kinda nerfing my towngame and that's hella lame.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

If this is your only reason it doesn't hold very much water. Reasons being:

If you knew anything about the playstyle early game between myself and Von the former would not surprise you or stick out at you in the slightest. I do that literally all the time with people I like.

I was scumleaning Fonti earlier on because of a weird couple of posts she made in the beginning, while questioning the number of wolves in her first post. It just seemed awkward. And the way she initially wrote me off as town came across as a weird pocket. But then, this particular quote:

not only justified her write-off read, but also put a lens on it that made it seem to me that scum Fonti doesn't have much reason to explicate a pocket read on me. I don't think it benefits her to establish a connection in that way if she were to be scum here. It also was kind of funny, which is why I had that specific reaction.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I have the perfect gif I want to use for this but it doesn't exist.

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

No because I was lazy towards EoD 1 and didn't exactly pay close attention.

Were I on my game and watching each player like a hawk? Might have caught it, but there were other players giving off cop vibes.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Cobalt, you.

Your focus as town is not on "argue against cases on self."

It's "hunt scum, get townread from thought processes that naturally shine when hunting scum."

What are you doing.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Is that really all you've got, Tom?

---------- Post automerged at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

If you're trying to say that self-preservation should not be some kind of priority to deal with first when under fire as town then you're doing it wrong.

I'm nowhere near done with what I want to get at for this phase so be patient and I'll get there.

Does it not look like deflecting if three people are voting for me and I go "hey wait no look it's that guy!!!!!1!"

No. You address what's against you first, and then move on to doing your job. Please be patient.

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Looking at the first case on cobalt, bill's 108, as per newcomb suggestion.

Bill was on to something, but didn't quite get there.
    It's not that he's misrepping jarizok, it's that he's just running with the wolfiest possible interpretation of everything.
    It's more like malicious warping.

Like, who finds it wolfy when people don't want to read old games during RVS?
    That's a stretch.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Why not both?

---------- Post automerged at 02:00 ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 ----------

Addressing cases could also be a form of stalling.

Especially when you're /asking/ for better reasons.

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Come come now.
    Don't discredit so soon.
    I'm just dealing with the terrible iso of this forum software.

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I can only multitask to a certain extent. You're asking for a lot out of me here.

Give me a little bit of time, Jesus.

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    This explanation doesn't really do it for me.
    Because he seems to be finding whatever shred of actual content he can find that is disputable/rebuttable.