1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AYAW #4 - Rock Ridge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Waco Kid, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

At this point, all of my questions to you really boil down to "who do you think is a wolf and why?"

Which is the bare minimum, to be fair.

---------- Post automerged at 02:07 ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 ----------

Because in defending yourself, you get to avoid answering that question.

But take your time, I guess.

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Of course this is after expressing townreads on fonti and fluffy, and no notable mention of me.
    Be honest here, cobalt. Were you just townreading me because von was?

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Non-specificity is hard to argue against.

"You're mafia!"
    "No I'm not!"

Like that's literally all you can do when someone's being vague.

---------- Post automerged at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

Honestly? One or two of your posts sounded good to me but yes I sheeped Von's read there.

---------- Post automerged at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

Like I'm coming totally clean about having a really lazy D1. But that won't be the case anymore.

---------- Post automerged at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

So, here's why Tom is probably scum here.

He was pretty concerned about Bill and Quiddity being w/w pretty early on in day one, iirc. Let me digress for a moment.

There was this thing early on in Day One where Bill was lightly townreading Fonti because of her first post, because he didn't think scum Fonti needed to comment on the number of wolves. Tom responded with this:

Which in itself is not a weird statement, and I myself was slightly pinged by what looked like kind of a fake derpclear from Fonti. However, he brought that up again when it came to the scenario where Q had some dumbtell about daychat when he was trying to align myself and Bill from a specific exchange between us, because it could be seen as a subliminal message if we couldn't communicate during the day. This was Newcomb's response:

And this was Tom's response:

Just to put this in perspective let me summarize exactly the discrepancy that I'm getting at here.

Like, what kind of cognitive dissonance does town have to have going on for this change in thought process to EVER develop?

It looks a lot like scum Tom makes a comment about fake derpclears in a joking manner or when it would be convenient for him (when questioning Bill's read on Fonti) and then slips, because he used the same subject of derpclears to try and prove yet another point. In the process of trying to make Bill and Quiddity look aligned, he used OPPOSITE logic in two different scenarios. Town just doesn't DO that.

And not only that, when someone questioned Tom's hard townread of Jarizok, he responded with this:

Like...

In what universe does town Tom have a reason to say that Jarizok is probably the cop? Or to allude to that many times? The only reason I can think is to have his voice specifically saying x person is the cop, so that if y person turns out to flip cop, he's already on record thinking that it's someone else. It just seems SO contrived. I don't see that coming from town, probably ever.

What I think happened is that Tom would have wanted to push Quiddity come day 2 anyway, but his partner caught the potential coptell and wanted him dead. However, in the process, Tom is now on record trying to align two confirmed dead town as w/w.

---------- Post automerged at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

Oh.

Vote: Tom

Forgot to do that.

---------- Post automerged at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Also he was then super opportunistic about voting me come Day 2 because BD and Q had both expressed suspicion towards me, and probably would not have come forward with much actual content about voting me if I hadn't pressured him for it. He probably would have just coasted with that no-explanation vote if I didn't specifically push for more from him.

---------- Post automerged at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

I'll elaborate on my feelings about Jarizok tomorrow but I'm in a weird predicament with my reads there.

I'm still uncomfortable with Jarizok and see him as scummy, but I don't see Jarizok / Tom being w/w because of the way that Tom hardcleared him so much and is still doing so. It could just be a huge in-your-face out in the open kind of scumteam but something about the vibes I've been getting from Jarizok tells me he wouldn't play that way were he scum. Idk. It's weird. My read on Jari might be totally backwards if I'm right about Tom.

But then there's this level of paranoia because of the wine involved with a Tom scumflip. As in, does scum Tom really establish such a powerful connection with Jarizok if they're w/w so that when he flips we'd all say "he was just tying himself to a townie"? Too much wine. I'm drunk on the wine. I'm thinking too far ahead, but still.

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Super surprised cobalt ended up on me here.
    Super surprised.

---------- Post automerged at 00:32 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

My general policy on derpclears is to ignore them.
    When people bring them up, I will poke holes in them.

Yes, I got forced to talk about it because it was part of a larger read that newcomb had.

While we're at it, why the fuck would wolftom want to make it look like bill/quid were w/w knowing full well whichever died first would flip town?

---------- Post automerged at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:32 ----------

This just didn't happen.
    I wanted to lynch you yesterday when I didn't trust either of them.

Would I not have?
    Maybe. I am a lazy lazy man.

---------- Post automerged at 00:37 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

As for why I would talk about Jari being the cop...
    You don't know me at all.
    That is just... the tommest of things to do.

And hey, look at that jari read that's all ready to be your next push when I flip town.
    Awesome.

---------- Post automerged at 00:38 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

I didn't like this before.
    I like it less now that Q has flipped town.

---------- Post automerged at 00:48 ---------- Previous post was at 00:38 ----------

So I've given up on the iso function here and I'm just going page by page looking for cobalt's avatar and going through page 6 I still want to lynch Bill.
    Just throwing it out there.

---------- Post automerged at 00:53 ---------- Previous post was at 00:48 ----------

Koalas probably town for this post.
    No reason to say it at end of day with bill/me as the wagons.

---------- Post automerged at 01:00 ---------- Previous post was at 00:53 ----------

Except... the reason cobalt intitially wanted to lynch Q was OMGUS.

---------- Post automerged at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 ----------

Alright that's through end of day.
    I think I've responded in real time to everything today.

Cobalt is a wolf.

---------- Post automerged at 01:06 ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 ----------

jari/von/miner
    koalas/fonti/newcomb
    cobalt

---------- Post automerged at 01:06 ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 ----------

Hi, my name is tom and I have 6 townreads.

Bollocks.

5. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Worlds are Tom/Font or Cobalt/Font. Notice how Font is in both worlds.

Vote: Fontisian

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

0 for a lot.

Newcomb I followed you onto tom for a lot more reasons than what you quoted. What you quoted made sense for tom to be mafia, but what really sealed it for me was what I already mentioned yesterday, which was the point that I felt tom was trying to set me up to be a mislynch.

Not sure how I feel now that he's openly stated that he no longer wants to mislynch me.

If tom is town, font is probably scum. What was the rule that Proph put out? Any font that lives til endgame without chainlynching scum is scum!font? Yeah I'll follow that.

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm currently phone posting AND have no wifi. Freaking love Christmas. Keeping up best I can and I'll get some thoughts down when my Canadian internet feels like cooperating.

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Straight up, if fontis a wolf here she's got me fooled behaviourally.

But if I squint, I can see this as a buddy interaction.
    Like, if they're buddies this is fonti calling him out in thread to get his shit together and beat these damn townies.

And as for this method of townreading, well...
    me>jarizok seems pretty damn opportunistic to me.
    And would anyone like to praise his effort?
    Fonti?

---------- Post automerged at 06:27 ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 ----------

Perhaps I should have just explained the read at the time, but I really was just happy to townread you until solid info could confirm.
    It more or less has now, so cool.

As for 0 a lot, I'm realistically mediocre as town.
    Pretty good as scum, and often entertaining.
    But I'm not gonna solve a lot of games.
    I get pocketed hard, tunnel townies, and can never quite townfirm myself (not that I normally even try).
    But the "you haven't found wolves yet get 'em" is somewhere between a fallacy and a minor statistical indicator.
    It certainly doesn't do much on day 2.

---------- Post automerged at 06:30 ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 ----------

I am, at this point, inviting someone to call me w/w with fonti AND embarrassing myself by hard townreading scum for like, the second straight game I've played here.

I hope you are town, fonti.

---------- Post automerged at 07:03 ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 ----------

Oh man, townreading wolffonti wouldn't even be as embarrassing as being fooled by jarizok.
    Shit guys.

Well, hopefully 5 of my townreads are right.

---------- Post automerged at 07:06 ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 ----------

Can you imagine how big my postcount lead would be if I slept at night and was active during normal business hours.
    Less merge posts when people are awake.

I'ma shut up for a bit.
    That's all I've got unless someone has questions.

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

This is going to be a pain on my phone.

Post 1: All in all we're just another brick in the wall.

Wagons are staggnating, I'm bored, the Tom wagon seems fine, and I don't really like lynching Bill early on (because as town, he tends to figure out the game by late game and is underestimated enough to usually get there).

The lyrics have two meanings. 1. The idea that I am being a brick in a wall of pressure and 2.that I'm entirely happy with that duty. Also, I'd been listening to the song a lot.

Then Tom says: "Sigh. I'm not sure y'all really want to set a precedent of lynching me when I'm being transparent for once."

Tom, who's been joking about being the cop.

I unvote, because duh, but I don't want to hard defend him, because a. If he's the cop, it might kill him and b. If he's mafia, then he'll get to shoot me and run off with the read.

So, I left a hint. I thought newcomb, who's probably my strongest townread, was the only one in game who would bother go ogling a random quote. The lyrics are from a song called "Do Better," with the hope that he would get the message and stop pushing on the cop. The tone of the verse I choose is hopeful, which I felt was appropriate when the odds of scum!Bill just shot up.

I'd lament not being able to do this again, but it didn't work anyway, so fuck it.

Post 3: Short of the mod being Eido, I find myself unable to predict whether the scumteam will have daychat. Even then, Eido sometimes takes it away for balance purposes.

Post 4: My parents denied my request to walk on the grounds that it was too dangerous. In a ritzy night life district. At 9:30 pm. I love them, but if I'm forced to be around them for much longer, I might have to kill them.

Tom seems unable to answer my questions in the slightest, but also feels real. Life sucks and then you die.

Moving on, I think my von read has fallen and can't get up.

I'll read Newcomb's posts about von being town and be like "this makes sense." Then I'll read Von's posting and like "please die in a fire." I think he's tiwn, but I feel he's mafia.

I am going to drop my read of Von and accept the group judgement. Should Von be scum, I take responsibility for not trying to figure this out.

I still, uh, think Cobalt is town. I don't think he takes this weird approach as mafia. It's been a while since my reads have felt this bad in forum game.

All in all, we're just another brick in the wall.

10. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

fontisian

Damn, fonti.

If that came from wolf!you I won't even be mad... I think. I mean this is "emotion is weakness" fontisian we're talking about, but I still don't think you even bother to put a few of those towntells in there as a wolf. I think?

Kinda agree with you on Cobalt.

My Von read comes a fair bit from just coming of the Bare Bones Basic on MTGS where we shared a mentor QT; I already thought I had a pretty good grasp on Von's game but now I think I've really got it on lock. Unless he's playing in a way to specifically fool me this game, he's town. I mean, he could be playing that way - like he could kinda predict what I'd townread him for based on that game, I suppose. Buuuuut. Idk. I'm just gonna keep using this way of reading Von until he proves he can beat it as a wolf, and as such he'll kinda deserve the win if he's mafia here.

Fonti, what do you think about Jarizok? I still pretty strongly think that he early post asking Miner to "make an actual case on you" does not come from a town mindset.

---------- Post automerged at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Yeah full disclosure I just don't have it in me right now to paranoia/tinfoil fonti. Part of it's wanting her to be town probably, but honestly it's just like... it's Christmas, I don't want to have to use the part of my brain that can read that last post coldly and try to figure out if it's subtly deviously appealing to my emotions.

I know that's not like, an ideal way to play but it's what I've got right now.

If you're a wolf fonti you can just have this one, heh.

I'm clearing fonti and Von.

---------- Post automerged at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

I kinda want to clear tom for similar~ish reasons that have less to do with emotions and have more to do with future game health; like if tom played the full transparency card as a wolf here, I'm going to be forced to tunnel him in every single game ever for the rest of time, like

YOU ARE NOT TRYING TO SOLVE THE GAME -> WOLF

YOU ARE TRYING TOO HARD TO GET TOWNREAD -> WOLF

I'm going to actually re-read before I tackle that one I think.

---------- Post automerged at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

@Von, independent of fonti's emotional tells throughout the game, like just looking at what she's done, I think the way she's pushed/unpushed tom just... doesn't super make sense unless tom is exactly her partner, and I'm kinda ruling out that world based on their interactions. Am I off on either of those things?

---------- Post automerged at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Maybe it's just Koalas/Jarizok?

---------- Post automerged at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Two wolves in Koalas/Jarizok/Cobalt/Miner

Do any of those not work together as teams?

---------- Post automerged at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

I have a pretty hard time seeing Cobalt/Koalas as w/w based on this exchange.

---------- Post automerged at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

This has some ~slight Miner/Jarizok equity

---------- Post automerged at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

This is the tail end of the exchange, but I feel like the whole thing is pretty firmly not w/w from Jarizok/Cobalt.

---------- Post automerged at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

There's just no world where it's fonti/Miner.

---------- Post automerged at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Miner/Cobalt is possible.

---------- Post automerged at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Out of curiosity, what /is/ the automerge record?

---------- Post automerged at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Man this post just makes me want to tunnel Cobalt into oblivion tbh

"Conciliatory and agreeable" is, uh. Not exactly my conception of town!Cobalt.

---------- Post automerged at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Man what is that first sentence even doing? Like, "yes here's a thing that happened."

Miner/Jarizok potential rising.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

Newcomb, hard clearing fonti for that reasoning is never a good reasoning. I stand by my point that, at this point, if it isn't tom it's fonti

---------- Post automerged at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Also, phone posting right now, but I'll get to everyone else soon when I'm on a computer.

---------- Post automerged at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Oh and newcomb, do you really think a scum team of me and jarizok would nk quid? Considering if we were scum this would be our second game of scum ever.

---------- Post automerged at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

And yes that^ does not exactly come from a town mindset, but at this point you're switching up your reads so much I'm sincerely concerned for you and about you.

---------- Post automerged at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Also I already mentioned that my questions directed at everyone were more for getting ppl to talk than anything else. That (the last post you quoted) is how I ask my "start talking more" questions.

---------- Post automerged at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Elaborate please. Why do you think this?

To the rest of the class: this feels coached.

12. Jarizok

It feels coached because it's KaiDash style.

---------- Post automerged at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

Sorely tempted to post a meme saying "lock em up"

13. Newcomb

I... don't think Koalas takes this tack in the world where he knows Q/Bill are v/v?

---------- Post automerged at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Von talk to me about this

---------- Post automerged at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Ugh I got to the part where tom goes "these wagons are fine" and I want to kill him all over again.

---------- Post automerged at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

I feel like I have very good reasons for clearing Von, pretty good reasons for clearing fonti that mostly have to do with this game but admittedly have a teeny tiny degree of bias, and ~not super great reasons for clearing tom.

---------- Post automerged at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

See, tom, the problem with intentionally trying to have an unlimited scumrange is that I can't really read anything into this now. Like, if you're town and you had a more reasonable meta I might be able to clear you for this.

Why do people not want to be able to clear themselves?

If like 4 people in this game could just clear themselves, this game would be easy. Frustrating.

---------- Post automerged at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Okay so back to the daychat thing.

I'm trying to imagine scum!Miner attacking town!tom over this when he knows there is, in fact, daychat. That's... not super likely?

And I don't really read that whole exchange as a likely w/w interaction.

So maybe Miner's just town?

---------- Post automerged at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

That would mean two in Cobalt/Koalas/Jarizok

With maaaaaybe tom back in the mix?

---------- Post automerged at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

I hate this.

It's just more of Jarizok's "joking but not quite joking because that looks like an actual suggestion that's couched in nothing that I can see coming from town" like his post 18 fonti thing.

It's the same thing where it's this completely foul grey area where it's not off the cuff "I'm town I don't give a shit" joke, it's like... a joke that's trying to push a viewpoint but disguised as a bad joke.

Like... this is a fairly key stage in the game when the wagons are fluid and I'm grilling tom - trying to wagon him for trying to lock the Q/Bill wagons, and Jarizok slips in with this... like... thing. It just really doesn't strike me as a town mindset at all.

14. Jarizok

Okay, so it feels like you're calling people out here Newcomb.

Just for you, I'm going to explain why you should lynch Fonti. I'm going to do this in such a way that you can't possibly can't get around my towniness.

Also, if you're not confused plz do ask me to explain.

---------- Post automerged at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

Eww, now my explanation and stuff is set immediately after you're saying I'm slippery.

I feel less good about explaining myself now.

---------- Post automerged at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

Also, I've just decided to make "this completely foul grey area where it's not off the cuff "I'm town I don't give a shit" joke, it's like... a joke that's trying to push a viewpoint but disguised as a bad joke" jokes my trademark.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    If this is really gonna stick in your craw, here is the beginning of town me talking about liking the wagons when one of them was on my top townread:

Though to be fair, I ended up leading a CFD onto a different townie.

So when I say something like "these wagons are fine" what I mean is "these wagons are fine"
    In this case, I thought both had a decent chance of being wolves and a decent amount of information to glean from them.
    It's a bit harder to get much out of v/v wagons, but I still will not apologize for wanting to lynch bill OR liking the wagons at the time.

16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Newcomb: Will look at Jarizok as soon as this migraine ends.

17. Newcomb

I want fonti to talk about Jarizok

I want Von to talk about Miner

I was Koalas to do... well, anything.

I want Jarizok to get lynched, probably.

I want Cobalt to get lynched, probably.

Jarizok/Cobalt are very very unlikely to be w/w. Is problem.

I need other people to do things.

I got Life is Strange for $5 and I'm deep into episode 3; who knew "adventure game with limited time travel mechanic and zero combat" could actually be this engrossing? I keep siding with Chloe on shit but I know it's gonna backfire. I just can't help it :/

Newcomb out for a bit.

18. Delphine

Delphine First Year

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

I just wanted to say that Jarizok still hasn't explained why he wants to lynch fonti.

20. Jarizok

Process of elimination.

---------- Post automerged at 02:30 ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 ----------

Jarizok
    Newcomb
    Snowvon

Miner
    Koalas

Tom
    Fontisian
    Cobalt

Tom and Cobalt are unaligned.