1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AYAW #4 - Rock Ridge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Waco Kid, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

This is the most gross noncommittal post ever and speaks to Jarizok having a one-track mind.

"If x person is scum we lose"

That's exactly why Newcomb won TH5. That's exactly why town winds up backing themselves into a corner and throwing a game simply by refusing to consider certain people as scum in any actual capacity.

I'm paranoid as fuck about Newcomb and Von. Are they strong townreads of mine? Yes. Does it make me any less paranoid that they are strong townreads of mine? No.

Your list and explanation reveals an unwillingness to consider alternatives. And looks an awful lot like you're trying to narrow the focus to a specific group of players to get enough mislynches to win.

---------- Post automerged at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

"she's scum in both worlds so we should lynch her"

yes but WHY is she scum in both of those worlds, Jarizok ?

---------- Post automerged at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Um, am I the only one who's realized that Koalas has only 27 posts in this thread with little to no actual content?

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Ima do a slot by slot reread and put my findings out here to be judged. Did you want me to go over Koalas first Font? Or are there other more pressing things I should be doing first?

I do apologize for yesterday. It was an experiment shall we say? I can kinda see why Kai plays like he does. It's pretty fun if not very helpful.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

The order doesn't matter to me. I imagine you'll be done by the time I actually wake up anyway.

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Do me.
    I hardly post at all and am very easy to read.

---------- Post automerged at 03:14 ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 ----------

Weird how much Cobalt's read on Jari includes essentially a mafia theory discussion.
    Oh, and how he moved there once I started looking harder to lynch.

---------- Post automerged at 03:15 ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 ----------

Actually that second part is fine.
    Self pres and all.

5. Jarizok

Also nice how Cobalt had exactly 10 posts more than Koalas when she made that last post. So about half what the rest has.

---------- Post automerged at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

Analysis in progress. Stand by for results.

---------- Post automerged at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

Here's a teaser.

Koalas read:
    First content in #65, complains about no obvious towny reads. Shade at Cobalt.
    #193! Koalas just got scummier cos he's not been fun.
    If Koalas is scum, Tom is not. #374

---------- Post automerged at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

Wow guys, I know my vote is on Fonti and all, but my reread is really building the Cobalt case all on its own.

---------- Post automerged at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

It's a biased point to throw some more info out but Ima do it anyway. Have no fear, I'll still reread the high post count peoples as well.

Unvote
    Vote: Cobalt

---------- Post automerged at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

Cobalt Read:

I've been over his early game posts before. Scummie to me, buddying and defensive attitude, no original arguments/cases.

#552 defensive, defensive, deflection, shade & more shade.

#641 "offense is the best defense", shade at Koalas.

Cobalt attacks me for being non-committal but hasn't built a case for anyone all game. The tom vote is in self defense, Quiddity was an easy wagon to jump on.

Backed up by:

Quiddity reread:

#80 Q doesn't like Cobalt's buddying.
    #137 Q doesn't like Tom either.
    #232 Q mentions seeing scumtells from Von and Fonti. No details though.

In hindsight, Q was pretty obsessed with the Seer role... Something Newcomb noticed. #234

On the whole, Q was pretty convinced Cobalt is scum. The only reason for the Bill vote was that there was no alternative. Q actuallly like Bill early because they agreed on Cobalt.

Bill reread:

#103 Bill really doesn't like Cobalt.
    #108 Bill townreads Fonti early.(145)
    #202 This post killed Bill.
    #292 Bill's readwall. It's telling us to lynch Cobalt.
    #353 If only you'd made a case for a Cobalt lynch yourself Bill :(

---------- Post automerged at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:07 ----------

It should be mentioned that I do believe Cobalt's point that he probably wouldn't have killed Q, but there's more than 1 werewolf out there and I don't think he'd be impossible to convince, especially if co-werewolf had a good case for Q seerdom.

---------- Post automerged at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Snowvon read:

Rode a RVS vote on Bill all the way to lynch.
    Didn't like Fonti early (Bill and Q didn't either #59)
    #165 #167 Cobalt hard townread. Because of #54-60? Cobalt/Snowvon scumteam is possible?
    #235 & #236 Ewwwww. Newcomb what have you done?
    #469 In Cobalt/Snowvon worlds...
    #500 Eeeewwwwwwww. Mentioning his scum partner here for postgame cred while voting Font? Ballsy to say the least. Would scum!Snowvon do this people who know Snowvon?
    #504 Oh nevermind, Cobalt/Snowvon is probably not a world :p I'll just leave this all in to show my progression through the reread.

Wowie Von, you had me worried there for a bit.

---------- Post automerged at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

I hadn't even realised I wasn't the only one seriously considering Font/Cobalt before this reread. Oops.

6. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Vote Count 2.2

Vote Count 2.2
    Cobalt (4): Snowvon, tom, Newcomb, Jarizok
    tom (2): Miner11121, Cobalt

Abstaining: Fontisian, Koalas

With 8 alive, it is 5 to lynch

Approximately 12 hours and 17 minutes left in the Day

Mod Note: Due to the Christmas holiday, N2 will last 48 hours, therefore starting on 12/26 9pm EST, rather than 12/25

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Not gonna lie, Jari.
    I think you're town, but that looks like a bus.

8. Jarizok

Well, that's a bit sad.

---------- Post automerged at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

Not the worst thing in the world though. It's shaping up to be me and Cobalt today. I'll flip town, Cobalt is next.

---------- Post automerged at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

Now be patient a sec, my Font read is incoming.

---------- Post automerged at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

Font read:

#26 is Font's first post. It's something I could see coming from a werewolf, play the frustrated townie, woe be unto us. Anyone?
    #42 If werewolf Fonti, this is an attempt to jokingly keep townie Miner from being townfirmed. It's early, but never too early to start.
    #73 Mehh, I don't think Fonti/Cobalt would link up this soon. That's too bad.
    #95 If werewolf Fonti, this is a subtle "don't lynch me just because it's the done thing please, I get sad about it sometimes"
    #136 Getting an easy vote on a townie in.
    #204 Fonti gets Bill lynched for his #202. Bill gave her the perfect excuse, but would town!font jump on one post like that and ride it to a Bill lynch? Feed me here please you bunch of veterans.
    Fonti/Miner is not impossible (exchange around #300).
    #379 I'm not sure what to with this.
    #454 Font's readwall. Snowvon shows up surprisingly low.

Font's case for Tom is passionate to say the least. I'll take it all with me in my Tom reread. She unvotes at #549 but Tom's defense will also be under review so I'll just leave that as is.

The rest is Font grilling me yesterday.

---------- Post automerged at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

I could definately see hairy Fonti, but I'm not completely sold on Font/Cobalt and I'm convinced of hairy Cobalt... Decisions decisions.

9. fontisian

You ... really don't get how to do this yet, do you?

10. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And on the second day he rises! Getting caught up, putting some notes together then I'll get some reads pOsted. If anyone has some questions not covered by the above ask away.

11. fontisian

If a woodchuck could chuck wood, would you shoot Q?

12. Koalas

High Score:
    Depends how many pecks of pickled peppers Peter Pipper picked.

---------- Post automerged at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

But no. With this set up taking out someone playing and analyzing would be way more beneficial then role hunting a potential mislynch.

13. Jarizok

Miner read:

Soo, miner's first 30 posts are basically all contentless? There's some questions and stuff related to the game, but nothing really gets done. To think I got on Cobalt's case for empty posts. I guess I'm more used to Miner's style, but that's not promising cos he was Draco Malfoy the one time I played with him.

#197 I noticed the same about Koalas. It would be sad if Koalas was a werewolf all along and we're just ignoring him.
    Miner only really starts to play when the lines are drawn between Bill and Q. That fits scum!miner, following the wagons while defending one of them so he can later point out that he defended townies (see his Owner defense last game).
    If miner is scum, Fonti is probably his partner (Fonti standing up for his methods).
    #413 Miner trying to prevent a future lynch.
    My miner read will depend heavily on my tom reread. If tom comes out of it looking scummy, Miner is probably town. If the case against tom falls apart, Miner is probably scum.

---------- Post automerged at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------
    fontisian We'll see. If I'm correct on some things I'll stick to it regardless of you people telling me I'm doing it all wrong.

---------- Post automerged at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

I won't bother with the Newcomb and Tom reads though.

14. fontisian

The problem's in the quality of explanation, friend.

15. Jarizok

That's always been my problem yes. I assume people can follow my thought patterns where there not quite as obvious when you're not the person thinking them. Shrug.

---------- Post automerged at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

It could work for me in this kind of game as well as against me actually. I provide my conclusions and what/which posts I used to get to those conclusions, you guys figure out how I got there.

16. fontisian

You can't say "that's always been my problem" on your second game.

17. Jarizok

I didn't mean in this game. I mean in general. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the equivalent of "show your work".

18. Miner

Miner Order Member

Cobalt is within one of hard lynch.

Please vote wisely. Cough vote tom cough.

---------- Post automerged at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Also Jarizok

When do fonti stand up for my methods??

19. Koalas

High Score:
    Jarizok is there anything you'd like my opinion on?

20. Jarizok

#303 miner

---------- Post automerged at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------
    Koalas I'd like to know where you're at readwise.