1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AYAW #4 - Rock Ridge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Waco Kid, Dec 19, 2016.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Death to the emotions.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I did take a look at fonti again; when I asked her about mindset / what was going through her head in 5-6 of her posts, I think specifically the thing subtly warning me off cop!tom is something she'd have to really be bending over backwards to fake as mafia here. It seems.... implausible. Especially since we had v/v wagons at the time, I just don't think scum!fonti cares enough at that point to set up something so subtle.

I've been wrong on fonti before using logic sorta like this - like in that fonti/Rubion/Jan game when we played image macro pong - that thing that DLGN really liked - like I thought she wouldn't think to fake it as mafia, but there it was more like she was just using what was in the thread at the time, here it would have to be so much more deliberate.

So yeah, good with Von, good with fonti still.

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Jari is less town than day 1, but I still don't want to lynch him.

I will of course vote whoever to help reach a majority.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Some Cobalt things.

He says he's an easy target because both of the dead flipped townies wanted him dead. But the only person to use that reasoning is Cobalt himself (at least before he started posting toDay, haven't double checked after the fact). Nobody voting him had mentioned Q's or BD's Cobalt reads. In fact, the only person to really talk about Cobalt is Newcomb, and he says:

and this isn't at all "hey dead townies had scumreads on Cobalt, let's vote Cobalt." It's "hey we were super wrong, maybe I'm wrong, I don't like some of Cobalt's posts, let's test this read."

Cobalt is using dead town's scumreads on him to try and diffuse any pressure against him, which is ??? kind of slimy.

That didn't happen. Newcomb offhandedly mentioned BD in Q in the context of "we were completely wrong, let's rethink things." Not specifically to target Cobalt.

Cobalt's random mention of "hey Koalas doesn't have a lot of posts" is eh.

And he's not really dissecting his wagon, just sort of yelling at people who are voting him.

Most people are talking about whether the Q kill came from tom or font, and Cobalt completely ignores that, even in his scumread/case on tom.

---

font, agree with me or defend your townread.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Newcomb, why are you voting me?
    I showed you that the wagons thing you hated was null at best and I don't remember the rest of your reasons.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Or well, Cobalt vaguely says "tom's partner caught a coptell from Q" but he doesn't at all say who it could be.

---------- Post automerged at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

Anyway, that's really the only content I can provide for tonight.

My mother is sad I'm playing mafia instead of talking to her.

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Hey, von.
    I talked about cobalt a lot.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Before he posted?

---------- Post automerged at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

Just checked again.

The answer is "no, you did not."

9. fontisian

I think he was reacting to an assumed scumread because he didn't see any reasoning against him. Which is kind of towny, because when pressured, he assumed it was because of the dead town's reads rather than anything scummy he might have done.

I have to family now.

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    That, along with his multiple "is that all you've got?"s really show his mindset today, which is defense defense shade defense.
    If cobalt is the sort of player you said he is, he should have come in hunting.

11. Story Content: Vote Count 2.3
    Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Vote Count 2.3

Vote Count 2.3
    Cobalt (3): Snowvon, tom, Jarizok
    tom (3): Miner11121, Cobalt, Newcomb,
    Jarizok (2): Fontisian, Koalas

Abstaining:

With 8 alive, it is 5 to lynch

Approximately 2 hours left in the Day

12. fontisian

Mmmmmrg.

This a point.

Why are there tom votes again?

---------- Post automerged at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Mm.

I'm settling on the mindset tell meaning town!cobalt

13. Newcomb

I think as scum you tend to lean on projecting a good tone, but your brass tacks gamesolving is lacking. I think particularly you tend to push a pretty static gamestate, like building a jenga tower just kind of adding pieces to it and consistently pushing what you think town!you would push. Whereas as town I've seen you push at multiple angles.

I keep running into actions you've done and go "wolfy" and then kinda back off on tone, and I think that's a mistake on my part. Like, your rolehunt-y cop talk drew out Q, you tried to lock in on Bill/Q and pushed at my unaligning them in a very doubtcasty way, and now today you're just kinda around.

14. Miner

Miner Order Member

You know why I'm voting for tom.

I'm more inclined to scumread cobalt than jarizok now, though.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    A lot of those angles I push are for effect though, and I am not doing that this game.
    Like, my push on iso in the invitational was never especially serious (well, right after he hinted at the trust tell I wanted to lynch him pretty hard but that's separate)

And I'm not sure how I outed quid, but that seems more like his fault than mine.

16. fontisian

If nothing else, tom is trying harder than both Cobalt and Jarizok. I don't want to punish that.

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Q had that early post I thought looked like w/w with bill, and the interactions you called them NKA for were after I called them out on not interacting.
    It felt too staged to me.
    They were v/v, but I disagreed with your point.

Wifom or whatever, but scumtom has no reason to fight that when I could have just kept pushing the other day 2 after the townflip.

---------- Post automerged at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:28 ----------

My WIM is kind of way higher as scum, but I am trying my damn best right now.

18. Newcomb

fonti what even are your possible teams right now?

19. fontisian

Kalas/tom, kalas/cobalt, kalas/jari, jari/tom, cobalt/tom

20. Newcomb

Kinda want to clear Kalas on not being a slimeball and just swing through Tom Cobalt Jari.

And I'm not feeling Miner town as strong as you and Von but it's whatever at this point.

Von, best guess here?