1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Wars

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Tried it this past free weekend, and while I did not like the streaming downloadable world, I did enjoy the graphics and the smoothness of it.

I was able to play it 1280x1024 in 4xFSAA 8x ansi on high without any problems, despite the nice effects it has, both lighting wise and reflections wise. It's textures for the ground leave room for alot of improvement, but other then that they're graphically impressive

I didn't much care for the skills I was given to use, but I was assured by the community the skills were a small portion of what the characters could actually do, since Anet (the devs) limited access to a very, very small section of the game.

I look forward to playing this once I get some more cash to snag it retail, as it's a no-fee online game, but you have to have a legit cd key to play. It's one of the few that have come out in some time that are actually worth it's price.

2. ShadowedDarkness

ShadowedDarkness Second Year

well the first release is out there, and it is a different type of game, the fact that you can create a max level character initially is nice as well. Not as social when you start from level 1 as other ones which I missed. Worth a look, some people will enjoy it, others won't.

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I know at least 5 or 6 of you play Guild Wars, if I were to ever get it would you be interested in doing a GW guild or something?

4. darkinferno9908

darkinferno9908 Second Year

I'm a player of this game I like it alot myself. It's not as social as the rest but still quite fun.

I'm in a guild (me and a friend created it) already but if anyone's interested they can join us.

5. Tinder

Tinder Seventh Year

I have it, but I haven't been playing it recently. If somethign was going on would probably join in.

6. sparkydiedtoday

sparkydiedtoday First Year

Yes, I am necro-ing this post but for a reason and I'm not sure if the necro rules apply to the video game threads.

I was wondering who out there plays guild wars (without the expansions) as I've recently started playing it again and was wondering if anyone would consider creating a dlp guild

7. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

The idea of creating a DLP guild, is intreguing. The only problem is, are there enough of us to make it even worth it?

8. draco664

draco664 Fourth Year

I'd be interested. I was a fairly late comer to GW, being addicted to NWN at the time of its release, but it has become a rather potent waste of my time recently.

Trying to do all the quests with henchmen is a bugger, so a guild would be a pretty cool way to go.

Count me in.

Draco

9. sparkydiedtoday

sparkydiedtoday First Year

I'll wait to see if there is more interest, then decide what to do

10. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

I'd be willing to join, but my Necro/Monk is already level 12. If you get the chance, I recommend Nightfall instead of the other expansion. It's a lot better. Unfortunately, unless you have both, some of the items appear as "UNDER CONSTRUCTION!".

11. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

I dont play very often anymore, i mostly play battlefield 2142 but if a DLP guild popped up I'd join it, i think i'm like level 11 or something, but I've got a free character slot if pps were wanting to start from the beginning

12. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I only have the original guild wars, I might be interested in starting to play again.

13. Rhynim

Rhynim Guest

same story. I can be a in spare player for ya if oyu need some 1 extra and got some cash to spend in the guild if needed

14. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    I would do it. I haven't played in a while, but I'm level 16 with good armor. I can ascend soon, so then I would join.

15. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I am aware that I am necroposting. Raven says is ok.
    Level 20 Elementist can ascend when ever. If any DLP members still play I have a guild fully stocked with cape, guild hall, npcs(which costs a good few thousand) Rank isnt that good but we can improve easily if we get a good team going.

So if you still play or have a account post here with your name and ill invite you to Guild, if you could pass me money after you join would be great as it costs 100 gold per invite and im bit low atm(you dont have to)

For those of you who dont play its only 20 € for the game and you have it for life.

*I only have the game no expansions but I might think about buying if enough people, nightfall looks good.