1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AYAW #4 - Rock Ridge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Waco Kid, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

So Newcomb's final answer was tom/font.

I'm currently inclined to agree with him.

Anyone have anything to say?

On a side note, I'll be around, but you'll probably have to ping me to catch my attention.

---------- Post automerged at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Oh and Happy New Year.

Man, college is a thing this year..

2. Story Content: VOte Count 5.2
    Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

VOte Count 5.2

Vote Count 5.2

Abstaining: Fontisian, Koalas, Miner11121

WIth 3 alive, it's 2 to lynch

Day ends 10:00PM EST 1/2

---------- Post automerged 01-02-2017 at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-01-2017 at 10:25 PM ----------

Vote Count 5.3

Abstaining: fontisian, Koalas, miner11121

WIth 3 alive, it's 2 to lynch

All three of you should consider this a prod for inactivity. Consulting the bolded section of rule #17 in the opening post is recommended

Day ends 10:00PM EST 1/2

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

Day end is 12 hours from now.

Koalas, font, any time now..

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yeah, sorry, I've been avoiding this.

It's ... weird to be this wrong.

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Been on a plane all day. Leaning fontisian though I want one more reread first.

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

Weird as in wolf weird? .-.

7. fontisian

Let’s do this old school.

Miner
    Blah, early push on me, easy thing to hide behind as scum.

But Miner doesn’t hide behind it. Asked a bunch of questions, including about past games, which has minor follow up, as evidenced.

The number of “very bad” actually makes this seem real.

It’s hard not to townread him off a question like that one to me. Add in the push on Cobalt, and yeah/

This actually feels partnery, like Cobalt knew he didn’t need to convince Miner.

And then there’s this. Jesus, this is so town. Taking lessons from what tripped you up as scum and applying them is exactly what town should be doing. The logic behind it and the reluctance to share things fully fit in perfectly with Miner’s town mindset.

Kalas
    The initial post that made me townread Kalas. I think it’s unlikely he would adopt this tone as scum.

A probing the water question. A teammate would likely see Cobalts opening posts as scummy, and be wondering if he had to bus.

Doubtcasts Jarizok, who just voted Cobalt, someone Kalas just implied he has a scumread on.

I think I need to apologize. These are the kind of things that I should be noticing. The tone behind “Well things exploded.” is inherently scummy, because it’s a tone of observation instead of involvement of commenting. The towny response is asking about something specific or giving an actual thought.

Doubtcasting Newcomb. I call it out as bullshit, because past me gets to be right sometimes.

Sidenote:
    Fluff, why.

Some reasons I’m town:
    1. I really wanted a final 3 with me and Newcomb. It would have been /awesome/. Evidence:
    Newcomb is also reasonably easy for me to manipulate, regardless of my alignment.
    I’ve played against Cobalt when he was scum before. In each case, he was a wreck, completely collapsing into non posting. I should have realized sooner that this was happening here. Were I scum, I would have seen the collapse coming and would have bussed him into the ground, as I do all teammates who are going to drag me down. See the last witchhunt.
    3. My cobalt read made sense at the time, as I think he was playing outside of his scum range at the very beginning. See Von:
    I’m stopping here, because I’m tired and I know myself well enough to know that I’m not going to change my mind.

Vote: Kalas

---------- Post automerged at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Weird as in a feeling I'm not used to. I'm going to be honest, I expect you to vote me, Miner. I've been wrong enough throughout this game that I likely deserve. But if you want to win the game, you'll need to hear me out and vote Kalas.

Or just hammer him and out as scum, thus sealing my string of shitty reads.

---------- Post automerged at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Now I'm stressing.

Miner, post and confirm you're not scum, /please/.

---------- Post automerged at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Tick tock.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

Hi.

I'd rather not hammer Kalas right now.

9. fontisian

Cool, thanks.

Kalas, your turn to vote me.

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

Christ I don't want to make this decision.

---------- Post automerged at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Hm. Does Cobalt bus a strong partner d1?

11. fontisian

I mean, my answer is no, lol.

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

You have no idea how much I want to vote you.

---------- Post automerged at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Koalas, whenever you're off that plane, anytime would be a good time to talk about your reread.

13. fontisian

Oh, I know. It's the reason you're here instead of Newcomb.

---------- Post automerged at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

I would call that example more distancing than bussing though. Bussing usually involves a vote.

14. Koalas

High Score:
    Well.. Vote: fontisian

There's no world where scum miner doesn't just hammer right there. And town!fontisian doesn't really risk that.

---------- Post automerged at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

And Cobalt playing so far outside his scum range indicates a strong partner to me. Someone to ask advice and bounce ideas off of. I'd like to think I'm that good but.. yeah.

15. fontisian

Bouncing advice isn't my scum style. You can look at any of my scum qt's where people ask for a plan. I tell them to just go with the flow and act as they would if they were town.

Further, when I say Cobalt was out of his scum range, I'm talking about the amount of early effort he put forth. That isn't something that can be coached.

---------- Post automerged at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

It's hard to point out scummy stuff from Kalas, because when he was trying to save Cobalt from a lynch, I was mostly with him. Yeah, I voted Cobalt at the end, but I didn't really make a difference in the wagons.

16. Koalas

High Score:
    So you were both trying something new. I disagree that that's not something that can be coached, pressuring him to post alone would make a huge difference. Then there's the potential mindset to impress you and that's not even getting into your bag of unconscious biases. Because it wasn't just early effort. People were genuinely town reading Cobalt.

---------- Post automerged at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Saving Cobalt and trying to get Jarizok lynched is a fine distinction but it is there.

17. fontisian

I think you're projecting what you did onto me.

As mafia, I don't have time to let a teammate drag me down. If they're flailing, I will bus them. Ironically, had I been Cobalt's partner, I would have looked better at this point.

18. Koalas

High Score:
    Was snow a great N2 kill? Yes. Were his reads on point? Yes. Was his first post calling out the full scum team? Yes.

fonti's N3 kill of Jarizok over Newcomb was the game ending mistake. I'm guessing she intended it for two reasons, for me to double down on miner and for town to rally against me as I 'NK those who scare me' and Jarizok was the first real push on me. Newcomb ruined that with the No Lynch.

Finally there's N4 which is very interesting. Numerically scum don't need to NK here to win. In fact giving town more info with the kill lessens their chances. The only reason to NK here is if it in fact raises your odds, for example an experienced town player that was firmly town reading 2/3 of the other players and was locked onto a scum lynch. In that scenario you need to NK then hope you can somehow turn it around onto the lesser of the two remaining town reads.

---------- Post automerged at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

I think I'm not nearly that good at being town read when I'm town, let alone scum. to quote Newcomb:

I would love for this to be the case. I've been wanting to go Deep Wolf on Newcomb since Narutomafia but I'm just not at that level yet.

19. fontisian

Oh hey, I can make out of context quotes too.

Notice how ever person who has ever townread me in this game is dead, from Bill and Tom, who I helped lynch, and Newcomb and Von, who were shot in the night.

---------- Post automerged at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

It's not like I literally warned Newcomb that townreading someone who pops into the thread and agrees with the things he's already posted is a bad idea or anything. Pfft.

---------- Post automerged at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Also, the Q kill! That kill happened because he was pushing Cobalt. I never let kind of kill go through. I'm always going to kill my cop read, who was Tom, which I straight left a clue about in the thread.

---------- Post automerged at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Meanwhile, Kalas is not a strong role reader and had no real scumreads, so he let Cobalt choose that kill. The cop shot must have just been luck.

---------- Post automerged at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Oh, lol. I didn't actually realize you wouldn't know we were going to no lynch immediately there. The play comes from Daily Mafia. Newcomb watches it because I play there. I have some doubts on how good a play it is for town, but in this situation, it was pretty ideal. But yeah, yesterday the people who didn't know it was coming were you and likely miner.

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

The thing that I'm wondering right now is why I was the one left alive.

Jarizok died N3, while I survived.

Jarizok was the one who pushed Koalas. This makes the kill look like a fearkill, but I'm pretty sure that's what font wants me to think.

There's still the problem of that post d1 where font described her mafia background and whatnot and that's what's making me hesitate. But I think Newcomb is right in saying that it's much more improbable for it to be Koalas/Cobalt than it is for font/Cobalt.