1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AYAW #4 - Rock Ridge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Waco Kid, Dec 19, 2016.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I should make line of thought a little more clear. What I'm saying is, Kalas is giving some of the thought behind his kills, with his own biases and preconceptions included.

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

Also I was considering No lynching yesterday, but the problem with that is that I thought mafia would no kill there. And then Waco would probably have set a meteor, which would have probably been on town.

3. fontisian

Pretty Newcomb never said it was impossible to be Kalas/Cobalt.

Why do you think it's unlikely?

---------- Post automerged at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

I think throughout the game we, me included, have been giving Kalas towncred for easy things. This has made him more confident and allowed him to make ballsier plays, like killing Von and Jarizok. But reading back over the game, those reads are more thin.

I think the way I have been treated has been, in many respects the opposite. Every town thing I do is doubtcasted by paranoia, and the only way to stop that is to be scary enough that scum shoot me before endgame. I failed to do that here.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

Because of the Von and the Jarizok kills.

In a world where you're town and Newcomb is town, no one kills Von over either one of you. And definitely not Jarizok.

Newcomb's been in your pocket for most of the game, but the moment he starts wavering (two days ago), he dies. Why?

5. fontisian

Like my overall was subpar, but Kalas's was merely decent, hence my reluctance to lose.

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

I mean, can you blame us for doubting you?

:p

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's F3 fonti. People die. And keeping mislynches around beats being townread.

This is always a you or Newcomb kill in that scenario. Q was a mislynch and Cobalt had a reasonable number of people townreading him. Q was NK'd cause he got role hunted, its a little late to be selling a different narrative.

---------- Post automerged at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Shouldn't have killed Jarizok then.

8. fontisian

Except that he wavered the entire game. That's what Newcomb does. He flips back and forth on me until I die. I firmly believe that if he were alive, he would see what I see in Kalas.

For kills, it's important to look at mislynches here. Jarizok and Von were both cleared by the Cobalt lynch. Kalas needed two mislynchs after that. The options were Tom (1), you (pretty near clear) Newcomb (hyper active and helped the Cobalt lynch) and me. The clears were killed because they were the only options.

---------- Post automerged at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Also, also, Newcomb didn't die two nights ago. He died last night.

---------- Post automerged at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

No.

But it is irritating.

---------- Post automerged at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

The world you are constructing involves me personally killing everyone who has townread me. That is asinine.

9. Koalas

High Score:
    He was wavering all game but he made a very definitive, 'I'm dying and this is my last will and testament' post. I can link you to it if you want.

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

Same difference, nothing happened yesterday anyways, beyond me and Koalas talking.

About clears and mislynches: You're right about everything that you mentioned, except Newcomb could have just as easily been the kill as Jarizok. And just as Koalas needed 2 mislynches, so did you.

11. Koalas

High Score:
    Acting as if you personally guaranteed the lynch of some very good cases that happened to be town reading you is asinine.

12. fontisian

Yeah, and if he lived, he would have wavered again. Too bad he's dead and I have to deal with that finality, right?

---------- Post automerged at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Yes. Except that at the time Jarizok was killed, he was scumreading Kalas and Newcomb was scumreading me. My point is that Kalas had to have made those kills. He did not have the luxury of killing me.

---------- Post automerged at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

The distinction matters, because Kalas thought the game determining lynch would be yesterday, and frankly, it had a chance of happening, even with the no lynch policy. He preferred to have Newcomb alive over Jarizok there.

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

OK, so then why did he leave me alive over Newcomb today then?

Cuz like, yesterday I said that I'd vote him over you.

Based on that reasoning, he couldn't afford to leave me alive over Newcomb, since by his "last will and testament post" Newcomb would have lynched you.

14. fontisian

I don't know? Because Newcomb is scarier? Because he was scared of Newcomb changing his mind but thought you'd follow that last post? Because he thought I was townreading him hard enough that I might lynch you?

15. Koalas

High Score:
    He really wouldn't have. He finally made a decision he wasn't being talked out of.

Funny how much the kills I 'had' to have made look like the kills you'd make to set this up. And that killing miner never crossed your mind.

I thought it was yesterday because scum have zero reason to NK in that scenario. Outside of picking off a strong player that was about to tunnel on them.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

What does that mean? Why does you townreading him make you want to lynch me? He literally cleared me lol.

17. fontisian

"If fonti is considering voting Miner, I will totally go for it."

---------- Post automerged at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

He cleared you because I forced him to.

18. Koalas

High Score:
    "I've had access to a desktop once in the past two weeks, reading thread not on my phone is need."

19. fontisian

Lol.

Come on, man.

20. Koalas

High Score:
    ...You have a strange way of remembering things.

---------- Post automerged at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

I stand by this. I will have my Deep Wolf game with Newcomb. This wasn't it and he knew it.