1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt 7 Signups

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Newcomb, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

MemeHunt 7
    A Witch Hunt Variant
    ~hosted by Newcomb and Eidolonic~

Hey. This is a Witch Hunt variant that was originally created by Garcia over on the Sirlin forums. Dozens of variations have been run, and this is the current version.

Signups open now, and I'm hoping to have ~15 people signed up at a minimum. 13 players, and 2 alternates.

The game will start ASAP. If you are not going to be able to actively participate, please do not sign up - replacements will hopefully be available, but if you are busy, there is always the next game!

Thanks, and hope everyone enjoys.

Observers

Roles

Town
    Town wins when all Witches are dead.

Priest: Each night, check if a player is in the coven.

Acolyte: At the start of the game, you learn who the Priest is.

Judge: At the end of day, if the Lynch vote is tied or No Lynch, you may kill a player of your choosing. This does not count as a lynch for vigilante purposes.

Vigilante: The first Night after two consecutive lynches of Town members, you may kill a player. A Vigilante kill appears the same as a regular Witch Night Kill.

Oracle: Each night, pick a player. If that player was visited by any other party, you learn how many Witches were alive at the start of that night. Possible Visits: Witch Kill, Vigilante Kill, Priest check, Clown throw, Angel protect - including a deathcurse blocked angel protect.

Gambler: At the start of the game, choose even or odd. On those nights, you have Protection from a kill.

Leeroy: You may kill yourself to immediately determine the Lynch target, so long as a majority has not been reached. Your death, and who you select will be announced at day end. This does not count as a lynch for Vigilante purposes.

Graverobber: Once per game at night, pick a dead player and learn their role. Witches are told when you do this.

D.O.B.: When you die, choose another player to die with you. Your death and the target you select will be announced at day start if you are killed in the night, or at day end if you die to a lynch.

Clown: Each night, select a player to hit with a pie. Players hit by pies are told, and if you selected the same target as the Priest or Oracle, you have Protection from a kill for that night (though you are not informed you had protection).

Witches
    Witches win when all townies are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening. Witches can freely communicate with each other and have a nightly kill.

Demon: Each night, you are informed of who the Priest and Oracle visited, but not who visited which player.

Occultist: At the end of each night, you are informed of the Guardian Angels' protection target that night. If the Guardian Angels protect same target two nights in a row without preventing their death, learn that target's role.

Necromancer: Learn the role of players killed by the Witch Night Kill.

Mechanics

Timing: Day will be 72 hours, while night will be 24 hours.

Lynches: The day ends when the day end timer arrives. The day can be ended prematurely with a HARD LYNCH, which will be roughly 3/4 of the alive players. SOFT LYNCH will be majority, and will determine the lynch at Day End. If a SOFT LYNCH is not reached by Day End, it will go to the Judge, or result in a No Lynch. Voting for No Lynch is permissible. There are no deadline votes.

Deaths: Roles are not revealed upon death.

Soup: At night, instead of making the group Night Kill, a Witch may instead choose to drink Soup. Doing so allows them to match a player to a role one at a time until they are incorrect or choose to stop. Each correctly matched player dies. They may do this once per Witch. Dead Witches cannot use Soup.

A successful match will only give the 'PlayerName has Died' message. On an incorrect match, the message is 'Xanthippe the Witch attempted to Soupkill Yolanda the [Incorrect Role Name], but failed', but if no players have been killed that night with Soup, the identity of the Witch is not revealed, like so: 'A Witch attempted to Soupkill Amelia the [Incorrect Role Name], but failed'.

Lump, the Faithful Panda: On Day 1, there is a plurality vote for Lump to be a player's friend. Witches choose who wins a tie. Lump always Lynch votes the same as his friend, adding an extra vote. If Lump's friend dies, Lump leaves the game.

Guardian Angels: Dead players become Angels. Each Night, the Angels decide by plurality vote to Protect a player (tie = no protect). A Protected player can't die to regular kills that night (Vigilante Kill or Witch Night Kill). "No Protect" is a valid vote.

Angels get the results of Priest checks at the end of each night. Angels are unable to give Protection when there are four or fewer living players at the start of night.

Death Curse: Once per game per witch during the Day, dead Witches may cast a Death Curse, which renders any Protection that Night ineffective. After casting a Death Curse, the Witch may not vote any further in Angel chat (but can still post in it). Living players are not informed of a Death Curse. Angels are not informed of a Death Curse until the end of that night.

Witches' Last Gasp: If a Witch dies to a standard lynch (not judge or leeroy), their power continues to work for the coven that night.

Night Kill Survival: If a player survives being killed at night there is no public announcement made. However, the player is told privately that they survived.

Timing Specific Role Actions: D.O.B, Leeroy and Judge can have pre-queued conditionals set up at all times in their QuickTopics. (Ex: If I reach soft lynch at any point, I wish to activate Leeroy on Player X. Ex #2: I'm currently setting myself to revenge kill Player Y if I die).

Rules

-Only living players may post in the game thread
    -You may not post in the game thread during the night phase
    -You may not edit or delete posts from the game thread or in any QuickTopics you may be posting in
    -You may not privately communicate with anyone except the game moderator unless you're specifically allowed to do so (i.e. the QuickTopics for Witches or Angels). This includes using systems outside the scope of the game to communicate something game related.
    -You may not post in codes or ciphers.
    -All actions that are not explicitly worded as optional are not optional.
    -Moderator decisions are final. Play to the spirit of the game and don't make me make judgement calls.
    -Be Nice, and have fun. This is not optional.

Priority

Day Action Priority
    -Start of day + Announcements
    -Day ends
    -Gambler protection choice locked in
    -Lynch if majority, allow Judge to pick if no majority or no lynch (if alive)
    -Lump joins his friend (Day One only)
    -DoB Revenge if lynched
    -Witches Death Curse
    -Vigilante informed if he can kill

Night Action Priority
    -Everything resolves effectively simultaneously, with kill happening last.​

2. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lolnope.

Obs please.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'm in.

Make me town.

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Sure thing.

[​IMG]

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Access to a computer and minimal first week work = increased participation.

/in

6. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

/in

10 chars

7. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Obs please.

8. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I will weep salt tears if I roll scum here.

/in

9. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Please be scum.

/in

---------- Post automerged at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

To be clear, <majority means judge kill?

---------- Post automerged at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

Are all roles in the game only once, or do they represent possible roles?

10. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Yes please!

---------- Post automerged at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

7 /ins in less than 2 and a half hours! Ima take a shower now, we can start after amirite?

11. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Less than majority at deadline means the game checks to see if Judge is alive, if so, Judge gets to decide as a pre-queued action, if not there is No Lynch.

The roles are unique; there are 13 roles 10 town 3 scum and they don't repeat, the setup runs with exactly 13 players.

12. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Thanks.

You mentioned wanting 15 players: what are alternates? People to cover in case anyone drops?

13. Jarizok

That they are, my young friend.

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Watch me roll VT again.

Somehow.

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

/in /in /in

Let's go for 6-0 :p.

16. Jarizok

Damn it Miner, you have to be on the losing team without me. I'll never catch up with you otherwise.

---------- Post automerged at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

I'm holding out for a neutral role myself.

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    /In as an alternate (#14/#15) for now.

Will know my schedule for the upcoming fortnight shortly and may change to a regular in depending on it.

The mechanic seems intriguing, I understand that the soup mechanic is to prevent mass-claiming hurting mafia and creating autowin but the potential for mafia with accurate PR reads to just flat out win the game regardless of towns reads is unfortunate. Out of curiosity what were the results in the prior iterations of TinyHunt here?

Also I assume the "Roles aren't revealed upon death" also means alignments aren't as well?

18. Miner

Miner Order Member

Is it too early to start pinging people? :p

Oh and Regfan all I know is that TH6 ended with a town win (Think it was a steamroll, but someone who actually played can correct me if I'm wrong. I only read parts of it for tom.)

19. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I'm not seeing TH4, but here are

TH3 (scum win, the famous jwlk super-soup): https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=25149

TH5 (scum win): https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=29952

TH6 (town win): https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=34004

---------- Post automerged at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

After a little bit of searching, thinking TH4 might have been abandoned b/c

---------- Post automerged at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

While scum have won 2 of the last 3, in both games town had a chance to win. TH23 jwlk successfully souped 5(?) after bussing, and in TH5 Newcomb survived multiple days alone

20. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Thanks for those links! I'll skim through them later.