1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

MathBlade is actually a scumlean for me.

I don't like any of the stuff I already pointed out earlier. I can't really describe it, but red flags jumped out at me when they implied they believed me when I said I could clear myself and wouldn't give me Lump, but also decided I was scum and would rather lynch me than check me.

They're scumreading me and Typhon together specifically for...campaigning for Lump in the same format. That's it.

They're either buddying font or has this weird Kalas read just floating around. They're Lumping a townread, not someone they wants checked, which is ??? after the way they shut my campaign down.

Really, really dislike their "no one should be obvtown." That is a horrible thing to think, because it means a bigger lynch pool and more room for error.

They accuse Jarizok of sheeping their read on the me/Jan convo, but nowhere in that post does Jarizok actually give a read on us. He says "no strong reads on either of [me/Jan] there." He does dislike it a bit, but acknowledges that there are multiple ways of looking at it. No sheeping here.

I could just be out of practice because I know they're play isn't all that conventional, but eh.

font, defend your townread. I'm only asking you because no one else has given a townread on Math, I think.

Also it's funny.

2. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Most people don't feel comfortable townreading Font. I do. During my time off I received some help and one of those pointed me to what I believe to me a townmeta tell from Fonti.

Exactly. The suggestion is that you can clear yourself without a priest check and the general consensus is the priest would check the lump. So it would be a wasted check. Therefore I would not vote to lump you. Your posting with Typhon and Jan leaves a lot to be desired.

I am voting to lump a townread of mine that can me hard to read so at end game we hopefully have a priest check on them. I don't want to lump scum at all.

Lumping a scumread in day one is A) A loss of likely town power because most of the time D1 lynches are town. B) If you are right then scum get an additional vote and C) It requires a priest check to be useful and eventually requires the priest to out themselves to be of any use.

I don't like it and would rather play Hearthstone with a card of 30 Angry Chickens. Do you play Hearthstone Von?

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Why does it feel that way? How is his Lump campaign different from everyone else's?

I haven't mentioned wanting Lump since that post, except once. I know I won't get it, though.

How concerned is overly concerned?

What is a high post count for him specifically? For me, it's super high. For fluff, I'd hold him to a different standard.

4. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Have you ever played a game with Koalas at end game? I remember. I remember. Seriously.

---------- Post automerged at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

So much wrong in this post.

Von+Typhon+Miner for the wins?
    Miner spills proscum wine Von and Typhon hang around D1 so their meta isn't completely blank.
    Von covers that wine with an inexplicable townread for what is either derp town or scum fuckage.

5. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I actually agree with Miner on the "Typhon's lump campaign feels off" bit Von, for what it's worth.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hold that thought:

Unvote
    Day1 Vote MathBlade

Okay, continuing.

Okay, unpopular opinion: the Priest is not that important.

I don't mean he's expendable. I mean that everyone is bending over backwards to make sure he never ever has to out, which. That's his role. To out at a certain point and clear or condemn people and make solving the game easier. He's not so important that he needs to be kept alive until one team wins.

There is no such thing as a "wasted" check. Unless the Priest checks someone who was obvious town/scum or something. Anything that helps to solve the game is help.

Town wins when they lynch all the Witches. That's it. Priest is like any other town role and should out to help solve the game, if he can. Claims are only bad when we have a lot of them and Witches can soup us for the win.

You're supposed to Lump a null-leaning-maybe-scum read. Because the Priest checks them Night 1. And if you were right and they're scum, then you trade a townie for a Witch, which. Is really good.

I do not play Hearthstone.

7. Jarizok

Yeah no Math, I'm not buying that particular scumteam just yet.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay.

Walk me through it.

9. Jarizok

And I do play Hearthstone.

10. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

No that isn't why I scumread you both together. Awesome discredit by the way just awesome. I said if you are telling the truth the end conclusion is bad. Therefore I do not believe you have town's interests at heart.

Yes. No one should be obvTown. I agree and maintain that post. It only paints a bullseye for scum of who to shoot.

They did sheep it. They posted something fishy about the Jan wagon and are horribly inconsistent with their reads after that point. It is that kind of cognitive dissonance on reads that is likely to come from Town though. Some dissonance is scum tell others is town. Leaning town here.

Funny. Apparently Von doesn't read the thread either.

11. Jarizok

I can give tyou my shorthand Typhon read.

Typhon scum? #19, jumping on the first bus available. /// #28 lump campaign start, gets a vote from Jan, abandons campaign? Keep an eye out. Also Von buddying in #126.

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

Let's compare your campaign with his.

Typhon is not a high activity player. He knows this, and his activity, while it may be high by previous Typhon game standards, is nowhere near the highest. However, he still talks about "high activity". Notice that he is much less certain about it than you are.

Everything he says is filled with "probablys" and "usuallys" and "typicallys" showing an overall lack of conviction in what he's saying. The only point where he doesn't hedge is the snake joke.

The "vote for me and I'll townread you" joke feels awful.

Overall, I honestly don't believe that he wants lump.

As for his concerns:

Look at the part where Jarizok votes. Especially when Jarizok votes to lump demon. Typhon becomes extremely interested in why Jarizok wants to lump demon. Furthermore, later on down the line we get this:
    demon backs off her claim for lump.

I cannot see a single reason why town would not want lump. Unless you're a strong player and you just don't want to be nightkilled. But both Typhon and demon both admit that this isn't the case with them. So why do they campaign for lump and then back off?

13. Jarizok

It's not there yet, but I did earmark Typhon's lump campaign as something to keep an eye on. I ruined that now but whatevs, talk is good.

14. Miner

Miner Order Member

I saw much more than you did.

I'm just wondering if anyone else saw it.

I don't want this to be Cobalt v.2 from AYAW 4.

---------- Post automerged at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Pretty much willing to lynch in demon/Typhon today right now.

Would need some convincing for Mathblade, esp. because I can't read them since I haven't played with them.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Huh.

Okay, those are good points, miner.

Lump Typhon

Let's Priest him or demonturtle then.

16. Jarizok

I should put all my stuff in my QT but I didn't have internet on the plane. Sad times.

17. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

My handle is MathBlade. Look me up sometime please.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'd be okay with lynching fluff, demon, or Math.

I'll probably leave Math for later. I want people who's played with them before to weigh in on what I said about them.

Don't really want to lynch Typhon, but I think Lumping him is a good compromise.

19. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

By your own argument you should be wanting to Lump me since apparently I am your top scumread. Oh wait I guess that argument only applies to players who aren't you.

20. demonturtle

demonturtle Squib

I'm kind of afraid to get the lump, fyi. I'm not really a good player which means I'm not confident in my voting and I don't want to be the deciding factor of a vote.