1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Oh, and Typhon, the answer is no. Put on your big-boy pants and read font/Jan/Kai yourself.

It'll help me read you. :)

---------- Post automerged at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

It's called a compromise.

I rarely get what I want.

---------- Post automerged at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

fluff post to disable smiley

2. demonturtle

demonturtle Squib

Why would lumping him be a good compromise? It doesn't automatically mean they are town if lumped

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

Bu-Bu-But

I wanted Lump :(

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Because the Lump gets Priest checked.

5. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Why are you compromising when no such need for compromise has come up? If you truly thought I was scum, by your own argument you would be voting to lump me. Instead you don't want me to be obvTown so you pick someone else. Got it. Thanks for playing. Please turn in your scum role PM.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah, well, so did I.

That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

7. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

demonturtle lumped person gets priestchecked so we'll know if they are town or not when priest reveals down the road. Of course if priest dies that would be sad, but thats the plan.

---------- Post automerged at 18:50 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

Ninja'd k kewl.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Math, you're wasting your time. Regardless of my alignment, I will never admit I am scum except to troll you. You are needling me right now, which is spam, not hunting; something you keep condemning others for. Do not be a hypocrite.

Furthermore, you yourself do not want to be obvtown, no?

I am Lumping Typhon because I think he's town, but I'm less sure on that with the points miner brought up. So instead of lynching a ??? read, I'm going to campaign for his Lump, get him checked, and go from there.

9. demonturtle

demonturtle Squib

What if the Priest decides not to? Oh, so when I said I didn't want the lump, I was saying I didn't want the priest to check me? Okay, then I want the lump back!

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

The Priest has no choice in the matter.

They will check the Lump.

Or else.

11. Jarizok

If you can convince us of your towniness on your own merits Demon, then we can priestcheck someone we hope is scum, which would be even better. So you don't HAVE to campaign for lump.

---------- Post automerged at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

Also Math, here's what I have on agreeing/disagreeing with you.

Mathblade #49 questions Koalas, can go either way. #119 empty. #121 disagree on Von, agree on Typhon, agree on Miner, don't like the Koalas interaction. #127+ Don't like Typhon either. #135+

Would you like to convince me on Koalas? I think Snowvon's covered by now.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

My initial post :

Mathblade #1 :
    Mathblade #2 :
    If you check their post, then you will realize that they read and jumped on the same thign twice.

I am unsure how something like that happens .. it is odd and i wanted to point it out.

And I love the fact that you can get their attention the same way even 1,5 years later.
    (Pretty sure they jumped on me for something that they perceived as odd/wrong wording in Narutomafia as well. Some of you might remember the day 1 drama about it.)

Catching up now. glad people are alive and kicking!

13. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Again what is needling? No one really answered.

I don't post for you. I post for other people so they see what I see. I am demonstrating the strength of my read to others. I don't actually expect you to claim scum. That would be too easy.

---------- Post automerged at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

It is not a jump of the same thing. It is an explanation of what town you would do. You ask question I give answer. That is how Mafia works OMG.

---------- Post automerged at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

I need to find the post here for it. Give me a minute please.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

even easier.

lumped person gets checked n1.

that way the other roles that want to target a same target can target that person as well.

if the priest does not out the next day, then the check is assumed to be town.

If he outs .. well guess what.

If the priest dies n1, then the acolyte can tell us that.

If the acolyte gets lynched d1, then they can protect the priest n1 and the priest can't die.

Therefore either priest or aco are always alive d2.

15. Jarizok

Jan Smooth sailing guaranteed.

16. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    If they do, tyen perfect: we've effectively hijacked the scum kill as a follow up lynch, instead of them going role hunting, or hitting powerful players/ones clearly town.

---------- Post automerged at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

I'm still voting kaidash. Or are you being strict on formatring?

17. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I have to go because I need to help a friend move. I found one of the posts that makes me want to lump Koalas but I can't find the main one that I wanted to source.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=27033&page=115

Universal townread was scum gf. I would feel much better if Koalas is checked and I assure you Koalas does break games open. Oh and that game was fun and bastard. Invented an alternate universe to lynch a mason so scum wouldn't shoot me. But then died anyway due to lynch or 3P hunter shooting me I forget.

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Von! Von!

If i was saying that you might just be two towns fighting, would you believe me?

I don't think Mathblades arguments are accurate (as in i don't agree with them), but they also don't feel that different to the last game.

It is a way of having a scumread and trying to form a world with it.

Similar to my thoughts on Koalas and Demonturtle, who I kind of read as scum combined.

This :
    reads like someone trying to form a world around that initial scumread.

Not always the best move early d1 (but I should not judge while doing the same).

The way Mathblade was annoyed by my behavior and read me scummy for it reminded me a bit of the d1 tunnel on me 1,5 years ago.

I don't have anything close to a scumgame to compare, but I think for now it might just a towntunnel.

19. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I disagree strongly. I ask you about lump 5o try and understand some of your underlying play to this point, so i xan clarify my read on you and what you're saying about other players.

Godammit my phone is being weird.

---------- Post automerged at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Jarizok felt town for me, btw. I dknt like Mathbald jumping down both mine and his throats in a one two: feels too reactionary to attacjs.

20. Jarizok

Ah Q, you're town in my book as well for your Fonti read and more besides. Keep up the good work.