1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Fonti! Talk to us about your #131 please.
    Snowvon It's raining quite badly atm so I'm stuck in my hotel. I took a job here for the next 6 months! I start Monday.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

well .. yeah .. i looked it up .. quoted the small part, reread, decided he might not get it, quoted the big part and bolded the part that was small before.

<- Slowpoke.

3. Jarizok

:(

/10char

---------- Post automerged at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

On the bright side, my post count is on the rise.

4. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Vote Math

MINEr the thread is dark, And full of terrors.

But since you've made me do work.

I mean, your Typhon case seemed a lot stronger. The demon stuff is a bit ho hum/ dependant on That. Would yoj agree?

And if So, why sre you lumping him? Why not push for the kill. It's early days get, you can swing people on.

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Hmm.

Yeah, I think this is town. Scum!turtle would probably fake some interest in lump.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

you missread it the first time around.

i decided only quoting half the message might not be the best idea after your previous Fauxpas.

Cant disagree with history!

7. Jarizok

Is that a lynch or lump vote Q?

Also, why is everyone needling Von? Why do we keep using the word needling? Change it to hackling please.

8. Quiddity

High Score:
    God these posts are shit. Anyway, I'm off.

Jarizok/fonti, want to pitch me on Kalas?

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I will, as soon as I get to my laptop.

---------- Post automerged at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

No. Look at Miner.

10. Jarizok

I wasn't suggesting you were wrong Jan. Just quoting back something that I interpreted in a certain way without any additional info would probably get me to just come to the same conclusion.

It's sad times when I make mistakes though.

11. Quiddity

High Score:
    Lynch Math

These are hard to do on phone.

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

I lumped him because he will get checked tonight. And he's my number one scumread right now.

My preferred is lumping demon and lynching Typhon, but thread is not cooperating.

And since I don't know TinyHunt mechanics very well, I'm going to just follow my townreads' mechanics read.

font, mind explaining your reads?

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I relish them!

---------- Post automerged at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Did.

Wasn't impressed.

Try again.

Insert coin here.

14. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Hello children, I'm back again. Let's do things and stuff.

Today, miner comes to play. And he wants to talk lump, which, skimming the thread, a lot of people do. So let's talk lump. Note that this is the only time that it is okay to talk Tinyhunt mechanics - please discuss no mechanical anything apart from lump.

Q says lump should go to a scummy person, that way we "eliminate" two >rand scum at once. This should make sense to everyone, because the priest will check them in the night. It make sense on a secondary level to do this because it closes off a scum mislynch if they're town, and makes them shoot a (probably) weaker player when more dangerous options exist, or leave a weaker player alive that is townfirmed and have two votes.

I was of the opinion that you should give it to a decent player (preferably one not consensus town) to turn them into a real threat, and therefore have more capable hands wielding the extra vote and still drawing fire off of a top tier player.

Those are the only /real/ options, I think, and a combination is most preferable.

Now, mechanics time by Typhon is over, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

-@Snowvon why are you townreading miner by 154? Not seeing it. Fake edit: oh I see you talk about this in 199. I might be being an ass here, but I think you're ascribing things to him that you shouldn't with the second bit - I think he just hasn't thought through the (incorrect) ramifications of what he's saying rather than anything else, and alone the first thing isn't sufficient for a townread. But fair enough. Agree to disagree.

-187. demonturtle So no, then. Scum lean for this and for being terribly tentative in the next couple posts from you. Would you give me one town read and one scum read, please?

-203 Probably done with pointing out towny Von things at this point because I don't think anyone whose thoughts I can parse is scum reading him, but this is a good post in a way that has nothing at all to do with it being in defense of me, before we go down that road. Those are solid questions to make miner (a Snow townread) show his work for a read that Snow disagreed with. I like this.

-212. miner11121 Not surprisingly, I disagree with your points about the reasons to vote for me, but, like, this is a good thing in a way. Vote me for lump, and we can not worry about this any more, because then I'll be soft townfirmed. (Just as a point of order, though, by the time I went to sleep last night I'd have said I was arguably the highest activity person in the game in terms of actually saying things.)

The second bit (starting with "as for his concerns") I don't understand at all, I think. Your bullet points are:
    -Typhon starts a campaign for lump
    -Typhon doesn't make more posts about wanting to be lump
    -Typhon is interested in other people's lump vote (Jarizok for demonturtle)
    -demonturtle backs off
    -Typhon and demonturtle both backed off

But like, I didn't back off? I guess I could add a line of running commentary about how I still want lump at the end of every line, but that silly in the same way it would be to write a line of running commentary about how I'm still town in every post - these are facts of the game, repeatedly mentioning them is a waste of everyone's time.

I'm not sure that I properly understand the connection you've drawn between me and turtle at all, honestly - can you explain that for me please?

And... I think that's most of the super relevant stuff that has popped out at me over my catchup.

The last bit with miner actually does actually bring us to another point though, this one directed at Jarizok. New day, old questions: so we've heard from demonturtle now, and they backed off - why did you lump vote them? Equally, you apparently scumread me for bandwagoning onto fluff literally while bandwagoning onto fluff. Hypocrisy=/= scum and all of that, but help me out here, I'm trying to figure you out.

---------------

Apparently obligatory line about how you should all vote me as lump.

---------- Post automerged at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

God, you're a bunch of chatty assholes, ninja'd by like a half page -_-

15. Jarizok

Quiddity There's not quite enough there yet to go for a Koalas lynch, but I don't like what's out there. I was thinking of maybe campaigning for a Koalas lump since Mathblade was doing the same for opposite reasons, but I like lumping Typhon as well. Of course, I also wanted to lump KaiDASH so what do I know?

I want to lump all the people I haven't gotten any towniness from but there's only one Lump™!

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

This isn't very nice. All I wanted for Christmas was to be carried to victory.

Straight up punting them till D2 unless all of my current scum reads resolve as town or they do something scummy as fuck.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Typhon. My child. I will make you strong.

Newcomb confirms that there is one Witch in font/Jan/Kai.

Based on their content thus far, whom would you lynch and why?

18. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

his fluffiness You're doing the thing again. Can you give me one town and scum read too please?

19. Jarizok

Yay, people to talk to. Lemme get an answer together for ya Typhon.

20. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Newcomb is a liar, and not to be trusted in Tinyhunts, so lynch the mod?

---------- Post automerged at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

On a serious note, probbbably Kai? I made a note saying that he felt slightly more involved and felt like he actually wanted lump earlier, which was great, then noticed he didn't even lump vote himself. Sure, #justKaithings, but I don't love that. Jan after that, because he has a thousand posts but hasn't said much. fonti last because I have no real thoughts about her but she hasn't negatively pinged me either.

---------- Post automerged at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

I knew I could trust you to live up to your avatar.

---------- Post automerged at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Hmm. I need to figure out Quid, I think.