1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Oooohh .. don't stop reading after the prologue.
    You are missing out on all the fun stuff!

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

The reason I lumpvoted Dturtle is quite simple; I didn't know him and there wasn't a lot of content from him, so I wanted to see what he'd do (and I just wanted him to do stuff in general).

Baiting people into interaction doesn't work quite as well when you go about it as obvious as it ended up being with our back and forth there, but we still got a reaction in the end. (Dturtle decided he didn't want Lump, and then he did again after some explanation.) It's a bit rich coming from me since this is exactly my 3rd game, but he's playing it up himself: Dturtle feels a bit like newb!town. Since he's played before I'm not really buying that, hence his Null-to-scum spot on my readwall.

Lynchvoting Fluff is just good policy at the point I joined the game. I believe he was the only 1 with more than 1 vote already on him so the weight of the vote is heavier, and Fluff doesn't generally post much, so it was an opportunity to get more out of him.

On the hypocrisy side of things: Just because I didn't like the way you followed Von onto Fluff doesn't mean it wasn't the right play. Fluff's post WAS flat and I don't think there's anyone in the thread that liked it. I'd actually like to hear from Waco, maybe he can offer us a reason why Fluff'd be like that.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Man I really want Jan to be town.

4. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Okay, I'll bite. I'm going to do Quid first, but I'll read through your thousand posts and try to have an actual opinion on you today (hopefully this RL day, definitely this game day)

------------

Apparently obligatory line to vote me for lump - humblest apologies for shirking my duties on the last few posts, I forgot again. Might be trying to duck it, better make me lump in punishment.

5. Jarizok

Also Typhon, I dunno about Miner but I disliked the way you stopped talking about Lump right after Jan gave you some support. You seized my post as an excuse to change the subject it felt like. i.e.: not wanting to push your momentum because you're scum and you don't actually want to get checked.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Just read the part that you missed.

I actually did push some vague stuff today!

The early stuff you can reread, but you you would be right that the information in that is scarce.

7. Jarizok

Newcomb Do we get bonuspoints postgame for epic souping in our QTs even as town? Would make the QTs fun to read afterwards.

8. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Okay, cool, thanks for the words.

You can understand my concern, since he posted nothing, and then you posted nothing right behind him. I was fine with the vote, but how you responded to me prodding you about it (and him, for that matter) told me stuff about what level you were both thinking on. That was exactly the response I was hoping for from you.

I get that I probably seemed like a bull in a china shop asking about it, but realistically I don't think there was any way you were leading a rash of lump votes onto to turtle sufficient to get him to respond, so I thought it would be better to just draw attention to it and see what shook out.

The fluffiness bit I still don't properly understand, because you have to see that all of the reasons that you cited for why it was good for you to vote also held for me, but that's kinda w/e for me right now, I feel like I can sorta see where your head is.

Thanks for answering. Want to to hit me with the one player you feel is most likely to be town and scum quickly?

--------------

something something I've always wanted a pet something something friendly panda

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I am back to thinking Ty is town.

But he can still have Lump.

10. Jarizok

That's in my wall, but sure. I really like where Quiddity is at and I dislike fluff and yourself most.

11. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I can sorta see that if I squint I guess - I honestly just assumed Jan voted me for doing things that showed me to be beneficial if I were made lump, and so I would continue to accrue votes if I continued to do those things (be useful and solve-y). And, like, if I didn't then I'd still be solving, which is the point anyway.

At least I get where you guys were coming from now, though, I was kinda baffled before.

---------- Post automerged at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Of course you are, man, we're pocketing each other and then the whole thread!

I was mostly curious if you had changed your mind about anything in the last 50 posts.

-----------

Really wish I'd have just snarked about this gimmick and not done it, but anything for lump right?

12. Jarizok

Yeah, we built the reasons for my vote up there by your hounding and my being mysterious about it, but frankly it was just me gettin into the game in a way that I thought would get some reactions.

It did, just not from the people I voted for, and now here we are.

And I acknowledged in my post that your reasons for jumping on fluff were as good as mine. It just didn't look good, sheeping Von on both his campaign format and his vote. In combination with what followed you look bad.

Talking it through is always the way to go!

13. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Who else is here? Kalas has less posts than fluff - is he dead or?

14. Jarizok

The last 50 posts is a lot of me explaining my wall, but sure, it's a continouos process of assimilating new information with current reads. I'm already overusing walls though, so posting updates every page would probably be frowned upon.

---------- Post automerged at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

You're doing it again Typh! Koalas is in between Fluff and yourself on my wall. I didn't mention him on purpose in hopes of a reaction and you're spelling it out again. I guess my supposed subtle ploys will never bear fruit.

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Welcome to the town circle.

16. Jarizok

They're not all that great, but it's fun to try my hand at these things.

17. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I am subtle like a warhammer.

-------

gimme lump

---------- Post automerged at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Really? I'm slowly getting there, but not from that. Show your work?

18. Jarizok

Yay Fonti, told you I'm likeable!

Still waiting on your #131 explanation though. I don't mean to badger you, but I'm stuck with nothing to do for the night and someone has to.

---------- Post automerged at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

... Did you read AYAW 4?

19. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Okay, I wasn't sure on miner because I couldn't seem to find the source of his original "I don't like Demonturtle", but it appears to be this:

Which weirds me out. That's such a nothing, I've just been skimming it because it felt sarcastic or jokey.

Miner, what is wrong with this?

I also don't like the decision to Lump Typhon, coming from him. Like, why wouldn't he push for a lynch? And now that I've looked up the demon vote, I like it even less, because the above seems to be the only thing independent of Typhon world building.

@fonti, I'm split on miner. It very much depends on how he responds to this. I thought his Typhon post was good scumhunting, and pushed me over on him, but then this happened.

20. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

She didn't just get that way. There's a reason that I tend to not try to read her any more than I have to and policy lynch D4. But, like, clearly Snow is unwiling to carry me to victory and this is weird. Like, I see it, but... well. My turn to not be super obvious I guess.